566. Raging Battles
209 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A battle isn't a battle without raging blood!"

Madara clenches his fists and feels the sensation of his body.

"Although my missing eyes are a bit convenient. However, it's not a concern to deal with these people."

Madara cracks his neck and turns towards the Shadow Sin group.

"I can feel that you people are strong; stronger than most of the shinobis present here. So, don't disappoint me and give them the thrill of an ultimate battle."

The expression of the seven shadows turns serious.

Whoosh… whoosh…

They flicker around Madara and surround him. The group makes a series of hand signs and slams their palm on the ground.

"Seven Demonic Sin Formations,"

Swish… swish…

The group makes a series of hand signs and slams their palm on the ground.

Shoom… Shoom…

Several Fuinjutsu runes light up on the ground with each member of the group as a corner. Seven different columns of light rise from the fuinjutsu runes and merge in the sky, creating a massive dome of energy.

The Seven Sin members and Madara seal themselves within the barrier.

"Hoh!"

Madara also senses the change in the surrounding chakra.

Fwoosh…

He flickers towards a corner of the barrier and places his hand on the barrier.

Bzzt…

A lightning bolt repels Madara.

"Hmm… it's quite a sturdy barrier."

Madara turns around and confronts the Seven Sins.

"Very well, then. Let's dance!"

Whoosh…

Madara disappears from the group's vision and reappears behind a female figure. He infuses some chakra in his palm and swings it in a sweeping motion, ready to behead with a single strike.

Ding…

A short blade appears in Wrath's hands. She blocks Madara's strike with it.

Clang…

She swipes the dagger after blocking the attack.

Swoosh…

Madara tilts his head and dodges the attack. His other hand pulls out a kunai from Wraith's holster and thrusts it towards her abdomen in an upward motion.

Shoom…

Another figure flickers beside Madara and aims his sword at his heart.

Ding…

Madara blocks the sword with the kunai.

Fwoosh…

Suddenly, a dense water arrow flies past Madara's hair, ripping a few strands from his head. Madara barely dodges the strike by leaning his head on the left at the right moment.

"I hate the name Madara Uchiha!"

The attacker is a short, stout man with a Kanji mark of 'Pride' on his cloak.

Hmm…

Suddenly, Madara feels a sharp, burning sensation. His blood begins to boil and a scorching sensation envelops him.

BOOM…

A massive orange fireball falls from the sky and engulfs Madara. The fireballs explode, releasing orange flames, covering the entire barrier. The explosion leaves only a small portion of the barrier around the Wraith untouched. The remaining sin members are standing within that territory.

"It won't be this easy to get rid of him, right?"

Another sin member with the Kanji for 'Gluttony' remarks.

Fwoosh…

As if right on cue, blue flames burn within the explosion radius. A massive ribcage slowly walks out of the explosion. Orange flames burn incessantly on the blue ribcage, however, it's unable to penetrate the protection and hurt the person inside.

Shua… Shau…

Two massive magatama blades towards the group.

Swish… swish…

The gluttony sin member makes a series of hand signs and slams his palm on the ground.

Rumble… Rumble…

The ground trembles and a massive tree trunk sprouts from the ground.

Bang… Bang…

The magatama blades explode upon contact with the massive tree trunk. It also destroys a portion of the tree trunk in the process. The tree trunk withers away and fades into the earth.

An ugly expression on Gluttony's face as he withdraws his hand from the ground. His right hand is withered after sustaining the explosion.

"What a terrifying attack?" He forks out a strange seed from his pocket and gulps it down.

His withered hand recovers rapidly.

Hmm…

Madara, who just attacked now, turns towards the Gluttony.

"This chakra signature… it's similar to the Wood Release. Is there another natural wood release user besides Madara and his granddaughter?"

Madara frowns and focuses his attention on the 'Gluttony'. A feeling of oppression overwhelms 'Gluttony'. A pair of massive eyes appears in the sky behind him and observes him closely.

"Are you alright?"

Another member of the group pats his shoulder, pulling him out of the illusion.

"Genjutsu?!"

Beads of sweat trickle down his forehead.

"But how could he? He… he doesn't even have his eyes to cast a genjutsu."

"Oh! Did you assume that I need my eyes to cast a genjutsu?"

Madara calmly scrutinizes 'Gluttony' with his hollow eyes.

"I see now. So, that's how it is!" He nods and remarks.

"Hashirama's Wood Release Kekkei Genkai is an elemental transformation of water and earth release. However, your technique is slightly different. It's a result of your special physique."

Madara nods in understanding.

"I think I have read records of a clan with a similar body type as yours. What was its name again?"

Madara attempts to recall the name of the clan.

"Ah! The Shinrin clan." After some musing, he spells out the name.

Seeing the nonchalant expression on Madara's face, the expression of the rest of the members turns grim. The real battle has just begun.

-------------------

Outside the Barrier,

The group of shinobis turns to Minato for answers.

"Minato, are you sure they can handle the battle? These shinobis seem powerful, but their opponent is Madara Uchiha."

"I have trust in their abilities. I am not sure how strong the resurrected Madara is. But this group of people should be able to handle their own against him for some time and buy us enough time."

Previously, Minato learned the identities of the various members of the Sin group and became aware of their capabilities.

'Almost all of them are Kage tier shinobis who can battle multiple S-rank shinobis at a time.'

"Alright! But the Ten-Tail is still a problem. Most of the shinobis are exhausted from such a long battle. Even Naruto and Sasuke are fatigued after several high-intensity battles.

Minato glances at the exhausted expression of Naruto and Sasuke, as they battle the two giant Ten Tail clones.

Naruto creates a massive Fire release Rasengan. He infuses a large amount of nature energy in the Rasengan and tosses it towards the Ten Tail clone.

BOOM…

The flames Rasengan explode and envelop the entire clone in flames. The painful shrieks of the clone are slowly drowned in the massive pool of flames.

"Kurama, how long before I can renter the Chakra Avatar mode?" Naruto enquires.

"Naruto, your body has yet to adjust to the massive amount of chakra overflow. If you overexert yourself, then your chakra vessels will rupture and you won't be able to infuse chakra."

Tch…

Naruto clicks his tongue in dismay.

"Still, I can't just stand and watch others die."

Naruto glances at the massive hoard of ten tail clones overwhelming the Allied Shinobi Force.

"You have to wait at least an hour before you can reenter the Chakra Avatar Mode. The battle with Obito took its toll on even my chakra reserves. So, I will require some time to recover."

"Tch… I am still so weak!" Naruto grunts while glancing at his trembling hands.

This is a side effect of exerting too much of his chakra reserve. The tailed beast mode also has its weaknesses, and every time he transforms, it consumes his stamina and builds up mental and physical stress. And now, Naruto is hitting his limit.

On the other side,

Sasuke is also not outdone by Naruto.

"Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi Cutter,"

He creates a massive sword made of black flames. Sasuke infuses his remaining chakra and nature energy in the blade and swings it down vertically to slash the massive Ten Tail clone.

Slash…

The black flame sword splits the Ten Tail clone in half. Black flames negate its regenerations and engulf its entire body.

Shiing…

Sasuke's eyes turn normal and his Susanoo disperses.

Huff… Huff…

Sasuke pants and clutches his right eye in pain.

"Sasuke!"

Sakura flickers beside him and supports him.

"Let me heal you!" She places her hand on Sasuke's back and uses the 'Mystic Palm Technique'.

Ugh…

Sasuke clutches his forehead as a bout of sharp pain hits him.

"Sasuke, it's the side effect of overuse of your Mangekyo Sharingan."

Itachi appears beside him and protects him from the assault of nearby Ten Tail clones.

"Yes, Sasuke… you should take a break. You have been fighting non-stop for several hours and your body can't handle the built-up stress."

Sasuke glances in Naruto's direction, who is also resting against a boulder while being tended by Hinata and Karin.

"Alright!" He nods and lets Sakura heal his wounds.

********************************

A/N:- The fated battle between Izuna and Madara is here. Join my pat reon at:

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

to read it in advance.

8