567. Decisive Battle
234 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Sasuke and Naruto are resting, the rest of the shinobis also deal with the remaining clones of the Ten Tail. With the suppression of Hashirama, Mito, Kushina, and the combined effort of several hundred elite shinobis, almost all the Ten Tail clones are swept away.

ROOAR…

The main body of the Ten Tail releases a deafening roar and struggles frantically after witnessing the death of all its clones. With so many of its clones dead, its power has weakened drastically. Still, the Allied Shinobi force had no method to deal with the Ten-Tail and seal it for good.

"Kurama, do you know a method to free other tailed beasts?" Naruto enquires.

Kurama ponders for a moment and answers.

"The Ten-Tails is the collective chakra of all tailed beasts fused with the Nature energy. If we disrupt the flow of Nature energy, then there is a chance, we might free them all. However, I am not confident about my method." Kurama shakes his head.

"Confident or not, we have to give it a shot!" Sasuke clenches his fists, channeling the last bit of his chakra into his eyes.

"Sasuke is right!" Naruto also bumps his fists.

"Let's do it, Kurama!"

"Of course, don't let down the trust of my siblings."

Kurama extends his fist toward Naruto. Naruto bumps fists with Kurama and grins.

Kurama glances at Naruto's goofy smile and recalls some old memories.

'My dear children! One day, a child of prophecy will appear and will lead you all to a better future.'

The words of the Sage of Six Paths echo in Kurama's mind.

"Old man, perhaps it's time!" Kurama mumbles to himself.

"Huh!" Naruto tilts his head in confusion at Kurama's rambling.

"Nothing!" Kurama shakes his head.

On the battlefield, Naruto and Sasuke stand beside each other while confronting the Ten Tails.

"Let's do it, Sasuke!"

Naruto fist bumps with Sasuke and transfers a portion of Kurama's chakra to him. A red chakra cloak envelops Sasuke and restores his chakra.

"Naruto, Sasuke, I heard the conversation between you and Kurama." Kushina appears beside Naruto.

"This sealing talisman will be of use if you want to disrupt Ten-tail's chakra." Kushina hands a black talisman with several complex Fuinjutsu inscriptions on it to Naruto.

"This is…"

Naruto is surprised to see the talisman as he recognizes some inscriptions.

"Isn't this the chakra suppression seal of Izuna Nii-san?" He scrutinizes it.

"No, wait! Something is different. The runes on it are a bit more complex."

"Izuna gave this to Minato. And Minato passed it to me."

"Alright!" Naruto clenches the sealing talisman in his right hand.

Sasuke also finishes restoring his chakra.

"Let's do it, Naruto!"

Fwoosh…

Both Naruto and Sasuke rile up their chakra.

Sasuke activates his Susanoo while Naruto enters into the Kurama Chakra Mode. Both their chakras envelop each other, creating the armored version of the Nine-tail.

ROOOARR…

The Ten Tail senses the massive influx of chakra and feels threatened. It flails around its massive arms in desperation and even uproots some of the Tori seals.

The ten-tail charges a massive-tailed beast bomb.

Whoosh…

The armored Kurama dashes towards the Ten-tail while wielding two massive katanas. Naruto adds Senjutsu chakra to them.

Slash…

The massive avatar slashes the tailed beast bomb in half with its katanas before it can manifest.

BOOM…

The tailed beast bomb explodes on top of the Ten-Tail's face, hurting it. Wisps of smoke rise from the burned face of the Ten tail. Its jaw hangs loosely on the right side.

Growl…

The Ten Tail releases a pained whimper. The massive flower petal on its back shoots open and fires thousands of thorned spikes towards the duo.

Shoom…

Sasuke manifests the Yata shield and blocks the thorned spikes. Kurama also opens its mouth and fires a volley of tailed beast bombs towards the Ten-tail.

Boom… boom… boom…

The carpet bombing by Kurama destroys several flower petals on the Ten tail's back.

GROOARR…

The Ten Tail shrieks in pain.

"This is our chance!"

Whoosh…

The armored Kurama swiftly closes the distance.

Sasuke inspects the Ten Tail's body with his Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Found it!"

He points towards the bud of the giant flower. In Sasuke's vision, a large amount of nature energy channels through it. He could even see the faint chakra pulse beats.

"Naruto, that flower bud is the core of the Ten Tails. Use the seal that Aunt Kushina gave on it."

ROOAR…

The Ten-Tails instinctively senses the threat and erupts with all its strength in an attempt to escape.

"We will hold it down for you!"

Hashirama slams his palm on the ground and summons a massive wooden dragon. The giant wooden dragon wraps around the ten-tail's neck and strangles it. 

Mito manifests several massive Adamantine sealing chains that wrap around the massive hands of the Ten Tail, pinning them on the ground.

HAAH…

Naruto jumps out of the armored Kurama, dissipating it.

Fwoosh…

Sasuke pushes Naruto forward with the dissipating hand of the chakra construct to give him one final push.

Shoom…

Naruto streaks through the sky, emitting a golden light that dispels the darkness.

"Eat this!"

BANG…

He lands near the giant petal on Ten-tail's back.

Swish… swish…

Several thorned vines erupt from the Ten-tail's body, attempting to strangle Naruto.

Whoosh…. Whoosh…

Naruto dashes past these vines, dodging them with ease. He arrives at the base of the giant flower.

The Ten-tails senses the threat to its existence and the giant flower curls in itself, shielding its core.

"I WON'T LET YOU!!"

Naruto extends his palm and creates a massive 'Lava Release: Rasenshuriken,'.

Haah…

He smashes it on the base of the giant flower.

BOOM…

The lava release rasenshuriken explodes, releasing a powerful heat wave. The heat wave burns through the petals, exposing the core of the Ten-tail.

Naruto leaps in the air with the talisman in his hands and smashes it on the core.

Shoom…

Several fuinjutsu seals crawl out of the talisman and cover the entire Ten-tails within seconds. The Ten-tail stops resisting and falls to the ground.

"Did he succeed?"

The shinobis breathlessly stare at the massive body of the Ten tail. The light in the Ten Tail's eyes dims down. Its vitality slowly fades away and its body withers away.

"It's working!"

Mito and the rest heave a sigh of relief and release their restraints.

Whoosh…

Suddenly, a massive white blob of chakra flies out of the core of the flower.

"That's!"

The relaxed nerves of the shinobis tighten again.

"There is no need to panic. It's them!"

Kushina assures the group.

Shoom… Shoom… Shoom…

The white light separates in nine different rays and lands on the ground, revealing the respective sealed-tailed beasts. Seven of the rays turn into seven different-tailed beasts while the remaining two rays fly toward Bee and Naruto.

"That's the stolen chakra of Eight-tails and Nine-tails!" Sasuke remarks.

It hovers above Bee and Naruto before dissipating.

"We won!"

A Kuma shinobi cheers with tears in his eyes.

"Yes, we won!"

Another Suna shinobis joins him. Soon, the joyous cries of the shinobis echo through the battlefield. The various leaders silently stare at their subordinates, withholding their emotions to maintain their composure.

"You two did a great job!" Kushina and Mito praise Naruto and Sasuke.

"Of course!" Naruto grins, while Sasuke shakes his head with a faint smile.

"It's finally over!" Tsunade and Mei also relax their tense nerves.

"No, it's not over yet!" Minato shakes his head and turns towards the massive barrier on the other side of the battlefield.

"What should we do with this?" A, Rasa, and Onoki stare at the massive husk of the Gedo Statue.

"Should we destroy it?" Onoki creates a dust-release sphere in his hand.

"It's impossible to destroy it!" Minato shakes his head.

"Hmm…" Onoki pauses and glances at Minato for an explanation.

"This husk of Ten-tail is a part of the divine 'Shinju Tree'. Thus, it contains a portion of the divine tree's laws. Even if we destroy this body, another Gedo statue will soon reappear somewhere else. It's similar to the indestructible nature of the Tailed Beasts. Even if you kill them, they will resurrect within a few years." Minato shakes his head.

"Then what should we do?" A frown.

"It's better to seal it somewhere safe and monitor it closely to prevent another Akatsuki incident."

The Kages and commander glance at each other and discuss their next course of action.

BOOM…

Suddenly, the barrier on the battlefield cracks open.

********************************

A/N:- The fated battle between Izuna and Madara is here. Join my pat reon at:

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

to read it in advance.

 

8