251. Awakening
4.5k 18 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"IZUNA!"

Mei, Tsunade, and Minato hurriedly support him.

Izuna feels a heating sensation in the optic nerves around his eyes.

Swoosh…

His body furiously absorbs the Nature energy of the surroundings. The Nature energy fuses with his chakra and forms a wisp of dense cyan chakra.

This chakra circulates in his body and moves towards the optic nerves in his eyes.

'Don't tell me it has finally manifested…'

Fwoosh…

Izuna loses consciousness as his skin turns pale.

The expression of the rest of the members turns grim.

"What?! What happened to him?" Mei grimly asks Tsunade.

Hmm…

Tsunade inspects Izuna's body. After a while, she heaves a sigh of relief.

"It's not anything major. At least for him!"

She raises her head and notices the worry in other's eyes.

"He is suffering from Acute Chakra Deficiency. His chakra is drained to the very last wisp."

"Isn't that harmful? If a person ran out of chakra, then won't his body substitute it by draining his vitality." Kakashi remarks.

"If it was someone else, then that might be the case. But Izuna is a Sage; his body is absorbing the Nature energy of the surroundings to replenish his chakra." Tsunade picks up Izuna.

"Minato! Let's get out of here. He needs an environment with rich Nature energy to recover." Tsunade instructs Minato.

"Alright!"

Minato makes some hand signs and a spatial tunnel opens in front of them. The group exits the small dimension.

Swish… swish…

"Reverse Summoning Jutsu"

Tsunade makes some hand signs and slams her palm on the ground.

-------------

Whoosh…

She reappears in the Shikkotsu forest atop the giant tree.

"Tsunade-sama!!"

Katsuyu walks out of a nearby cave. She notices Izuna in Tsunade's lap.

"Katsuyu, Quick!! Send some of your smaller clones to help Izuna. He is suffering from chakra deficiency. Allow your clones to help gather Nature energy for him." Tsunade orders Katsuyu.

"I am on it. Tsunade-sama!"

Katsuyu immediately summons her clones. The clones crawl over Izuna's body and absorb Nature energy. Their body glows with a cyan hue.

"Good!" Tsunade nods her head and carries Izuna to the treehouse on top of the Giant tree.

She lays him on the bed and walks out onto the balcony.

A stream of fleeting clouds blocks the radiant moonlight as they shine with a silvery hue. The fleeting clouds occasionally cast a shadow over the Giant tree.

Haah…

Tsunade takes a deep breath, a breath full of vitality and vigor.

"He will be alright! It's not his first time!"

Tsunade shakes her head as her hairs flutter in the winds. Like the fleeting clouds, she discards her worries.

"It's pointless to worry too much. I have to return to Konoha."

Tsunade leaves with some instructions to Katsuyu.

--------------

"Where am I?"

Izuna groggily opens his eyes as the familiar white space appears in his vision.

"My mindscape?!"

Crack… crack…

Izuna cracks his neck and slowly stands up.

"What's going on? Why am I in my mindscape?"

Soon, Izuna recounts the earlier chakra outburst near his eye nerves.

"It's about time to awaken my Rinnegan. Thirteen Years! It took me thirteen years to awaken my Rinnegan."

He slowly stands up and walks towards the center of his mindscape.

Various floating orbs with elemental energy appear in his vision.

Numerous chakra orbs revolve around a dense purple chakra orb in orbits.

"This reminds me of the solar system."

Izuna closely inspects the floating purple chakra orb.

"No! To be precise… it is like an atom."

Whoosh…

Izuna waves his hand and the chakra orbs halt and float towards him.

He looks around but fails to notice anything out of ordinary.

"Hmm… let me feel the changes in my body first. Maybe I might get some clue about my current situation."

He closes his eyes and inspects his body.

His body is absorbing vast amounts of Nature energy at an incredible rate. The dense cyan chakra has accumulated around his optic nerves.

"The consumption of chakra is too much. At this rate, the chakra would be evenly distributed among my eyes and I will awaken a normal Rinnegan in both eyes."

Izuna tightly clenches his fists.

"I won't allow it. I want to awaken a Kekkei Mora, not a Kekkei Genkai!"

The words of Hagoromo echoes in his mind.

'Kekkei Mora isn't a power, it is a divine state. A divine state that uses the principles of all creation to command all things in Nature. It is a manifestation of Natural Law and Order.

To acquire this ability, severe training and refining of chakra are needed or the effect would be too small to make a difference. No matter the suffering that goes against one's steel conviction, one cannot give up. To achieve Samsara and Destiny's guidance, only those who carry these traits will be given the power to temper the laws of the world, the power to wield concepts.'

Izuna grits his teeth in pain.

"The Rinnegan awakened by Grandfather and Sasuke is a Kekkei Genkai. Since they don't have any understanding of the Law and Concepts behind the abilities; they can only awaken a set of predestined abilities. But I am different! I have shed blood and sweat to master these abilities.

After coming this far, how can I settle with a Normal Kekkei Genkai Rinnegan? I won't give up!"

Haaah…

As if feeling Izuna's desperation, the orbs around him tremble violently.

Shiing…

A giant Rinnegan eye opens in his mindscape.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Space and time orb flies towards the Rinnegan and merges with it.

Shiing…

Two tomoes appear in the innermost circle.

"It's not enough. Aah…"

Izuna urges the rest of the orbs to fuse with the Rinnegan.

Whoosh…

The purple orb flies towards the Rinnegan and fuses with it. A third tomoe appears in the innermost circle of the Rinnegan.

"To create a Kekkei Mora, I have to fuse all elements. However, the current me is not capable of such a feat. I have to search for an alternative."

Izuna focuses his entire spirit on the Rinnegan as his mindscape trembles violently.

"Kekkai Shi is a precursor to Kekkei Mora. What if I fuse more Kekkei Shi with the Rinnegan?"

An incredulous idea pops into his mind.

"Whatever, if I fail here; the worst case will be my death. Anyway, I am fated to die in four more years. Then I might as well take the risk and make a go for it."

Clarity returns to his mind as he focuses his entire attention on the various orbs floating around him.

"I have to choose four distinct elements to combine out of the five elements. The number of such possible combinations is five. I have already created the Electromagnetic Release which leaves me with four possible combinations."

Izuna solely concentrates on the floating elemental orbs around him.

"Merge!"

He urges the orbs to merge with each other. As if sensing Izuna's intention, the orbs furiously repel each other.

Haah…

"I can't fail after coming this far."

Izuna bites his lips and urges the orbs with his entire being. After countless failures, he manages to create four more Kekkei Shi orbs.

"Go!"

Izuna weakly waves his hand to direct the orbs towards the Rinnegan.

Swoosh… swoosh…

The orbs merge with his Rinnegan and four more tomoe appear in it.

"There are a total of seven tomoes. I guess I won't be able to awaken a nine tomoe Rinne-Sharingan."

Sigh…

Izuna helplessly shakes his head and sighs to himself as his vision deteriorates.

Whoosh…

The Light and the darkness orb around him tremble and shoot towards the Rinnegan.

Wham…

The two orbs merge with the Rinnegan and nine tomoes appear on the Rinnegan.

"Finally… my heart can rest easy!"

Izuna feels heavy as darkness shrouds him.

In the outside world,

The Nature energy of the entire Shikkotsu forest furiously pours into his body. An enormous amount of chakra accumulates around his left eye.

Shiing…

Izuna's Mangekyo Sharingan awakens on its own.

Swirl…

The pattern of his Mangekyo changes as the sclera turns purple.

Five concentric rings form on the sclera.

Shiing… shiing…

The concentric rings are followed by nine tomoes which arrange themselves in the inner concentric rings.

The rings continue to rotate for a while before it eventually calms down. The color of the Rinnegan changes to blue, red, golden and it finally settles to purple.

Bzzz…

The awakening of the Rinnegan sends a jolt through Izuna's body.

------------------

In a faraway dimension,

Hmm…

A pale white figure with four crooked horns resembling a crown slowly opens his eyes.

"The Heavenly eyes of Samsara have awakened in its truest form. It's the most exalted eyes comparable to Pure eyes."

Tap… tap…

The figure taps his finger on the armrest of his throne as an attendant appears in front of him.

"Our clan has fought this battle for eons. It's finally time to end it for once and for all. Summon the elders of the clan."

The four-horned figure clenches his fist.

"Yes, my lord!"

Whoosh…

The attendant disappears from his position.

"The time has come. The time for the GOD to awaken."


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

87