260. Sunder Release
4.4k 5 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day in the Morning,

In the training ground Number four,

Sasuke and Tatsuya have baggy eyes as they silently wait for Izuna.

Whoosh…

Izuna arrives at the training ground half an hour later than the promised time.

"You guys are quite early!"

He observes Tatsuya and Sasuke. Both of them have pale faces and bloodshot eyes.

"Looks like you didn't sleep well."

He chuckles and takes out two bento boxes from his storage.

"I am sure you guys didn't have breakfast yet, so I asked Mom to prepare two extra Bentos for you."

He hands them over to Tatsuya and Sasuke.

"Let's talk while we eat. I have a couple of questions for you."

Tatsuya and Sasuke grab the boxes and gobble down the food.

Mmm…

Izuna nods his head and takes out another bento to eat with them.

"Okay! My first question is about Urashiki Otsutsuki. How strong he is and what are his abilities?"

Izuna straightforwardly asks about the enemy's info.

Tatsuya and Sasuke stare at him with an odd look and Sasuke question him.

"Nii-san! Aren't you already aware of Urashiki's information?

Crunch…

Izuna takes a bite of rice balls and answers them.

"Don't give me that look. It's true I know about Urashiki but I only know about his name and nothing else. His abilities are still unknown to me. You should be aware of the fact that there are four Otsutsuki ruins. I have explored three of them and they are my source of intel on Otsutsuki."

"Oh! That makes sense."

Tatsuya and Sasuke nod their head. Sasuke takes a deep breath and replies.

"To be honest, we don't know the full extent of Urashiki's abilities. He is just too slippery and cunning. The other Otsutsuki utilized brute force to capture and destroy us and but Urashiki, on the other hand, is quite wary of us. He always looks for an opening and strikes at our weak points."

Sasuke has an honest expression on his face.

"However, he has some weird escape abilities. When he is caught in a pinch, he can transform his body into various red color chakra orizuru and escape. It's similar to Substitution jutsu, but he becomes untraceable for the next few seconds and can avoid detection from all sorts of detection.

Also, he is an expert puppet master. He wields a special chakra fishing rod that can hook other's chakra and turn it into chakra pills for him to replenish his chakra.

Then, most importantly, he possesses a pair of Byakugan and Rinnegan. I am not sure if these abilities are related to his Rinnegan or some Otsutsuki techniques."

Sasuke briefs him on Urashiki's known abilities.

"I see. That helps a lot. Now tell me about your Mangekyo abilities. Those will prove to be useful while developing a strategy." Izuna nods his head.

The group finishes their breakfast and Izuna creates a barrier to witness their abilities.

"First off, you Sasuke!"

Izuna turns to Sasuke.

Sasuke explains his abilities to Izuna.

'So, most of his abilities are the same as the original. Except for Kagutsuchi: Flame Control. He can manipulate every kind of fire technique with his right eye, not just the Amaterasu flames. Though I have yet to see his Rinnegan abilities.'

Izuna curiously turns to Tatsuya.

'I am really curious about his Mangekyo abilities.'

"Alright then! I will show you the results of my harsh training."

Tatsuya eagerly confronts Izuna. He never got a chance to showcase his abilities to his father, but now he got a chance to do so. Although, his father isn't his father yet.

Shiing…

Tatsuya activates his Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Be ready, Dad! Attack me with all you got."

Tatsuya curls his finger and taunts Izuna.

"Hoh! You are asking for a beating brat!"

Izuna has a wide smile on his face.

Sasuke walks to a nearby stone and rests on top of it. He takes out a bag of popcorn from his storage and spectates Izuna's and Tatsuya's battle with excitation evident in his eyes.

'It has been a while since I last saw Nii-san in action. Thankfully, I always carry my trusty popcorn snacks with me.'

Sasuke takes a handful of popcorn and stuffs them in his mouth.

'These popcorns are quite a lifesaver and had saved me from hunger countless times in other dimensions. I always stock up on them whenever I return to Konoha.'

'Well, that's bullshit! But they still taste quite good.'

"You sure have grown some guts, little guy!"

Izuna has a smile on his face as he instantly blinks in front of Tatsuya.

"Leaf Hurricane: Whirlwind"

Izuna delivers a series of low and high kicks at an incredulous pace.

"Bring it on, Old Man!"

Tatsuya has a smile on his face.

"Leaf Coiling: Reverse Whirlwind"

Tatsuya delivers a low reverse roundhouse kick to kill Izuna's momentum and counter his move.

Bang…

Both of their kicks clash with each other.

Rumble… Rumble…

The ground beneath their feet trembles, and cracks appear on it.

"Not bad! Let's raise it a notch, shall we?"

Izuna nods his head and jumps back.

"Then what about this?"

HAAAH!!

Izuna clenches his fist.

"Eight Inner Gates: Gate of View: OPENNN!!"

SHOOMMM…

Izuna immediately opens the sixth gate. Due to the immense amount of chakra, he releases a shock wave from his body, which cracks nearby rock and boulders and creates a crater around him.

Hah!

Sasuke stretches his left arm and creates a barrier around himself to block the shockwaves.

"It's my turn, Dad!"

HAAAHH!!

Tatsuya clenches his fists tightly and riles up his chakra.

"Eight Inner Gates: Gate of View: OPENNN!!"

Whoosh…

Both of them disappear from their position and clash mid-air.

BANG… BANG… BANG…

Multiple explosions and shock-waves release from their battle and spread through the training ground, wrecking it beyond recognition.

Izuna takes a peacock stance and rapidly punches the air.

"Asakujaku (Morning Peacock)"

His punches create a peacock-like fan of flames in front of him.

"Now watch me!"

Tatsuya waves his arm and creates an air blade. He grabs the blade and takes a sword stance.

"Yoakeha (Blade of Dawn)"

Tatsuya rapidly swings the air blade in front of him.

Bang… bang…

The air blade creates multiple air pockets with high density in the shape of a blade. These air blades catch fire and travel forward with a sharp aura.

BAM… BAM…

The fire blades collide with the fan of flames and split it in half. They continue to travel towards Izuna.

"Not bad at all! You created a unique technique to focus on the sheer firepower of the sixth gate. Asakujaku is a technique meant to be used at close combat but your Yoakeha removes that weakness and turns it not a long-range attack."

He dispels the fire blades with a wave of his hand.

"You have passed my Taijutsu test. That new technique was a pleasant surprise for me." Izuna nods his head in satisfaction.

"Next up is your Ninjutsu skills. Feel free to use any technique you like. Let me see your full strength." Izuna nonchalantly stands at his position.

"Are you sure?!" Tatsuya asks in trepidation.

"Yes, I am sure of it. Now stop dilly dallying and hit me with whatever you got." Izuna curls his fingers and taunts Tatsuya.

"You asked for it."

Tatsuya claps his hand.

Crackle… crackle…

Purple lightning crackles around his right hand whereas Fire engulfs his left hand.

Haah…

He spews out a blade of wind from his mouth.

Crackle… crackle…

The fire and lightning combine with the wind blade and transform into a javelin.

Tatsuya grabs the javelin and aims it towards Izuna.

"Sunder Release: Valkyrie Enactment"

Whoosh…

The javelin tears through the air, leaving a trail of vacuum behind it.

BOOM… BOOM…

It releases deafening supersonic waves as it propels towards Izuna.

Izuna gasps in astonishment as he stares at the incoming blade.

His first thought being.

'Damn! I have to admit defeat. It's so cool. Why didn't I think of it first? This jutsu! Not only does it have the firepower of Fire and Lightning Release; it also has the kinetic force of the wind release. It has very high penetrative power and can even drill a hole in a Sage level Sealing Formation.

But that's not all, it will gain momentum the more it travels further and, on the impact, it will transfer all of its kinetic energy to the target in form of a sundering blast which will tear apart through everything.'

Izuna's expression changes as the jutsu close on him.

'Damn! I was so focused on its principle.'

"Susanoo: Yata on Kagami"

BAM…

A colossal dark black shield appears in front of him.

BANG…

The shield absorbs the entire kinetic force of the javelin, leaving the volatile chakra behind.

BOOM…

The chakra explodes on top of the shield, leaving a trail of destruction lashed with fire and lightning.

"He… he blocked it."

Tatsuya's expression turns pale. He has used most of his chakra in his last attack.

'Even if I can't beat you, this jutsu should have left you in a rough state. But looks like I was dreaming.'

Tatsuya sighs in depression.

'In the end, I wasn't able to impress father.'


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

84