269. Spear of Penance
3.7k 5 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Then I will serve as the distraction."

Guy dashes towards Urashiki and activates the Eight gates.

"Seventh Gate of Wonder: Open"

Blue sweat covers Guy's body and his body emits a blue-greenish aura. Guy rapidly dashes towards Urashiki to gather momentum.

He stretches his right palm forward and taps it with his left hand to form a double clutch fist.

Haah…

"Blazing Hirudora"

Guy punches his fist towards Urashiki and makes a tiger seal.

Roar…

The powerful pressure from the fist compresses the air into a giant white tiger almost the size of a full-body Susanoo.

Roar…

The tiger roars and dashes towards Urashiki.

Crackle… crackle…

Raging fire envelops the giant tiger as the sheer force of friction sets it ablaze.

Roar…

The tiger opens its mouth and leaps at Urashiki.

Shiing…

Urashiki's Rinnegan turns red, and he stretches his arm in front of his face.

"Tsurugari"

A giant red flaming crane of volatile chakra erupts from the ground. Urashiki directs it to confront Hirudora.

Scree…

The flaming crane slams into Hirudora and grapples its head with its claws.

Roar…

The blazing tiger opens its giant mouth and bites on the flaming crane's neck.

Scree…

The flaming crane releases a shrill cry, and its body bloats out.

BOOOOM…

The crane detonates violently, scorching the nearby ground and turning the land into a pool of molten lava. The blazing Hirudora condenses into a single point and explodes along with the crane.

RUMBLE… RUMBLE…

A giant column of fire rises in the air, supercharging the surrounding ions. The pillar of flames is followed by a dome of flames that expands rapidly and engulfs Urashiki.

Swish…

Urashiki waves his hand and creates a cyan barrier to protect himself from the assault of the shock waves.

Huff… Huff…

Guy breathes heavily and thumbs up towards Izuna and the rest.

Whoosh…

Kakashi supports him.

"Kakashi?!" Guy is surprised to see Kakashi.

"Guy! You did well. Leave the rest to them."

He passes a chakra pill to Guy and carries him on his back.

"Recover your chakra for now. The fight isn't over yet!"

Guy nods his head.

After the explosion settles, dark clouds looms over the entire area.

Crackle… crackle…

Purple lightning flickers through the clouds, releasing deafening explosions.

Whoosh…

Adult Sasuke jumps in front of Urashiki and raises his right hand.

Chirp… chii…

Purple lightning flickers in his palm.

Bzzt…

He shoots a bolt of lightning towards the clouds.

Rumble… Rumble…

The clouds shake vigorously and large amounts of lightning gather at a point ready for discharge.

"Kirin"

Sasuke brings down his hand and directs the lightning towards Urashiki.

Roar…

The lightning shapes into a lightning dragon with thick eyelashes, an upward flowing mane, and a long pair of slim beards. The dragon has a pair of red eyes and there are numerous scales on its body.

ROAR…

The dragon releases a high pitch cry and dives towards Urashiki. Sasuke uses his Rinnegan to control the flow of chakra through the lightning.

"This guy! He is too strong!"

Jiraiya turns towards Sasuke and remarks.

"I don't think I am a match for him, Rinnegan or not!" He helplessly remarks.

Minato and Kushina nod their head.

"Looks like Izuna-kun has found quite a helper." Kushina remarks.

"Seems like it is a right choice to leave the battle to Izuna and this man." Minato sighs helplessly.

Urashiki's expression turns ugly as he confronts the dragon.

"You underestimate me!"

He inserts his right hand in his gourd and takes out a glowing cyan chakra orb.

"Amenosubaruboshinomikoto: Kamenootohime"

The glowing cyan orb morphs into a gigantic turtle composed of wind chakra. The turtle encases Urashiki in its shell and blocks the charging dragon.

Bzzt…

Lightning flickers around the thick chakra shell of the turtle as the outer scales of the shell slowly chip away.

Whoosh….

Izuna appears behind Urashiki. Large amounts of fire, lightning, wind, and water chakra gather in his hand.

"Oblivion Release: Spear of Penance"

Izuna clutches his right hand and condenses the entire chakra in a dark crimson spear.

BAM…

The spear easily penetrates through Urashiki's barrier and shatters it like a thin sheet of glass.

BOOOM…

Urashiki is flung across a large distance. He crashes through multiple hills, destroying them in the process.

BANG…

Urashiki crashes in a mountain, leaving a deep gorge behind.

BOOOOM….

The spear detonates on top of Urashiki. A mushroom cloud of dust and debris rises in the air. The impact rends the ground apart, and the mountain is blown to smithereens creating a bottomless trench in its wake.

Rumble… Rumble…

The mushroom cloud dissipates to reveal a dumb-bell shape explosion of 3 km height.

Crack… crack…

Web-like cracks spread through the ground and reach all the way to Konoha.

Rumble… Rumble…

The land around Konoha trembles and caves in, leaving Konoha on a small plateau.

Crumble… crumble…

The barrier around Konoha crumbles from the shock wave and shatters into countless pieces. The entire Konoha tremble from the shock waves as many houses in the outer area collapse.

"This is bad!"

Tsunade clicks her tongue. She strikes the Taiko drum again.

"Mechanical Eight Trigrams Formation"

Various earth walls rise from the ground and form a wall around Konoha.

She warily turns towards the battlefield.

"As their teammate, big sister, and mentor, I can't allow them to risk their lives. But my duties as a Hokage forced me to watch them battle from sidelines."

Tsunade clicks her tongue in dismay.

Inside the Barrier Corp Headquarter,

Blood leaks from the ears and nose of the barrier team members.

"Quick, medical team!" The nearby Anbu members act immediately.

Rumble… Rumble…

Dark red clouds loom over the sky. The red clouds flicker with violet purple lightning. A gigantic raging fire tornado spins fiercely at the point of impact.

Drizzle… Drizzle…

The clouds start to rain incessantly and lightning crackles through the cloud.

Crackle… crackle…

Bolts of lightning continues to strike the area.

"This is…"

Izuna and the rest of the group stare at this scene with wide eyes.

Gulp…

Jiraiya gulps a mouthful of saliva, unable to express the current situation in words.

"Wha… what's this technique, Izuna?" Minato stutters, as he barely squeezes out these words.

Izuna silently floats in the air with no movement. He has a shocked expression on his face as he stares at his right hand.

'Th… this is the power of a Hydrogen Bomb. The power of a Nuke!'

--------------

Iwagakure,

Inside the Tsuchikage Office,

Rumble… Rumble…

The table shakes slightly, spilling the tea on Onoki's clothes.

Tch…

"What's going on? Why there is an earthquake all of a sudden?" Onoki wipes his clothes in dismay.

He turns towards his granddaughter who is gaping out of the window.

"Young people these days… they wantonly waste their time while lost in their dreams."

"Ooo… Old Man! Ll… ll… look!"

Kurotsuchi points outside with trembling hands.

"Hmph… what's there outside to look? Nothing but a bunch of useless fools! Wasting all of Iwa's resources! Otherwise, how could we lose to Konoha time and time again!"

Onoki grumbles.

"You stubborn old man! Come and take a look!"

Kurotsuchi drags him along.

"Oww! My back! My back!"

Onoki grimaces in pain.

"Young people these days… they have no regard for their elders," Onoki grumbles and follows her.

He looks out of the window and is dumbfounded at the scene

A gigantic dumbbell shape pillar of light appears in his vision.

"What's going on?"

He instantly flies out of the wind.

"Hey, old man! Bring me along, too!" Kurotsuchi complains.

Onoki ignores her and continues to gain altitude to get a clear look at the scene.

A gigantic fire tornado appears in his vision.

"What's going on? That's the land of Fire!"

Onoki has a grim expression on his face.

"What are those leaf fledglings up to?"

He squints his eyes to take a clear look.

"This… this seems to be some kind of jutsu." Onoki's expression turns ugly.

"From the looks of it, it seems to be a forbidden jutsu. If Konoha used such a jutsu against Iwa, then I am afraid there will be no traces of Iwa left behind."

Onoki continues to monitor the situation as he ponders.

"Currently, Konoha has become the undisputable number one hidden village. It houses various powerful ninjas of the old and new generations. We don't even have any intel on Konoha since all of our spies have been weeded out.

Things can't continue like this, looks like I have to hasten our plan." Onoki clenches his fists.

----------------------

A/N:- This chapter took a lot out of me. Writing fighting scenes is hard. In the anime, Urashiki doen't have many jutsu. Since his character was based on Urashima Taro folk lore and his jutsu's name too, I have to research the folk lore and conjure his jutsu names based on the folk lore to make it look more authentic. Also, comment your thoughts on Izuna's new chakra release.

I am introducing these jutsus because canonically all of Otsutsuki techniques are devised as Kekkei Mora techniques (Combination of Five chakra releases). Now this leads me to a question, how the fuck can a simple Rasengan or fireball jutsu can counter and nullify them. Like How? If this is the case then what's the use of training those Kekkei Genkai. I am sure, the level of a jutsu depends on its user but the other party has an inherent advantage in terms of grade of the jutsu with his Kekkei Mora.

Also, Kekkei Mora like Truth seeking ball can easily nullify any ninjutsu then why Otsutsuki never used them? Note:- Kaguya and Toneri were able to create Truth-Seeking balls which makes me think it is a Otsutsuki technique but I am skeptical.


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

73