270. The Real Battle
3.9k 10 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement:-

We finally have an editor and proofreader. One of the readers Zack_Spaghetti has volunteered to edit new and older chapters. So, expect the quality to improve a lot. Kudos to him for such contribution.

Note:- He isn't a professional so there might be some small errors. So, please don't blame him for any mistakes. Also, he will start from next chapter.

-----------------------------------

In Kirigakure,

Inside the Terumi clan compounds,

Humph…

"I am mad!"

Ayaka angrily stomps on the ground.

"Now… now… Ayaka-chan, don't be angry!" Mei tries to calm her down.

"How can I calm down? He just left me here yesterday and didn't even bother to bring me back." Ayaka sulks in a corner.

"He must have a reason to leave you behind!"

Mei shakes her head.

"Come on, now! Let's bake some cookies. I will teach you a new recipe. It's a special recipe from my mother."

"Really?!" Ayaka curiously turns to her.

"Of course! Today I will teach you the basic recipe. I will teach the rest after I return to Konoha." Mei pats her head.

"Mei Nee-san, you are so nice, unlike my mean brother! I can't wait for your wedding next week. Then Ayaka will spend all her time with you." Ayaka nods her head.

"Ok, let's go!" Mei shakes her head and walks inside the house.

Rumble… rumble…

Tremors run across the ground as an earthquake hits the village.

"Ah!"

Ayaka drops on her hand and knees and sticks to the ground. Mei dashes out of the house and heaves a sigh of relief to see Ayaka on the ground.

"What are you doing, Ayaka?" She curiously asks her.

"I am exercising the safety measures during an earthquake."

"Oh! Who taught you these?"

"Onii-chan taught me." Ayaka continues to hold her head while kneeling on the ground.

Rumble…

The tremors slowly fade away, and Ayaka slowly raises her head.

"It's over!" She heaves a sigh of relief and stands up.

"Huh! What's that?!"

Ayaka points towards a giant red tornado churning in the skies.

"That direction! Isn't the village in that direction?"

Mei notices the giant cloud and her expression turns ugly.

"Ao! Hurry and come here!"

Mei grabs Ayaka and jumps on top of the mansion to get a clear look.

"This is…"

Her eyes widen in shock.

"That's Konoha!"

She hurriedly takes out a sealing tag from her pocket and infuses chakra in it.

The seal glows, but there is no response.

"Why is there no response all of a sudden?" Mei bites her lips.

Whoosh…

Ao arrives behind her and bows.

"You summoned me, Mizukage-Sama!"

Mei points towards the giant red tornado.

"Byakugan!"

Ao activates his Byakugan and inspects the tornado.

Gulp…

He gulps his saliva and reports.

"Mizukage-sama! That's Izuna-san's chakra. That… that tornado has Izuna-san's chakra mixed in it." He reports with a trembling voice.

"Izuna-san's chakra is so dense and unique; I can recognize it from miles away."

"I knew it!" Mei angrily grits her teeth.

"He must have left Ayaka here for this reason too." Mei figures out the gist of the situation.

'It must be one of those otherworldly threats Izuna was talking with his group.'

"I can't blame him. He did it for our safety! But still..." She helplessly shakes her head.

She gently caresses her stomach.

"There is no point in worrying, let's return! I believe in Izuna's decision."

A similar situation occurs in Kumogakure and Sunagakure.

'A' has a telescope in his hands as he gazes at the churning red tornado.

"Damn, Konoha! What kind of forbidden Jutsu is this?" He grits his teeth.

BAM…

He slams his arm on the grill and shatters it.

"Fool! Ya Fool! That explosion is so cool!"

Bee has a telescope in his hand as he draws something in a small diary.

BAM…

A smack his head.

"Stop fooling around and get back to the Genbu Island."

A has a grim expression on his face.

"Looks like I have to speed up the pace of 'Project Chakra Cannon'. Konoha's strength is growing incessantly."

In a secret underground headquarter,

Obito narrows his eyes as he stares at the giant fire tornado.

"This must be the work of Silent Shinigami. I doubt anyone else besides him possesses such power."

He takes out a glowing glass orb from his pocket.

"The Akatsuki had been laid back for too many years, it's time to make an appearance."

----------------

Back at Konoha,

Swoosh…

The giant fire tornado disperses. The entire mountain has been blown to smithereens, leaving a bottomless trench behind.

"Such power!"

Minato turns towards Izuna.

"Izuna, I never expected you to create another forbidden jutsu. From the likes of it, this jutsu seems to be more potent for large-scale destruction."

'Incredible! So, this is the first time Nii-san used this jutsu. But its power doesn't lack compared to the other times.'

Adult Sasuke stares at Izuna in amazement.

Izuna shakes his head.

"Even I didn't expect the jutsu to create such an effect. This is my first time using it at full power."

Back then, during his Rinnegan awakening, he created four new Kekkei Shi to awaken a Kekkei Mora. Oblivion Release was one of them.

'Seems like every Kekkei Shi has unique power, but the price to use them is also quite high. I won't be able to use this jutsu again for a while.'

Shiing…

One of the tomoes in his Rinnegan vanishes, leaving eight tomoes.

"Did we get him?" Jiraiya warily stares at the pit.

Swirl…

Ten red Orizuru appears in front of the group.

Huff… Huff…

Urashiki is breathing heavily as blood leaks from his blue Rinnegan.

Shoom…

The Rinnegan fades away to reveal his Byakugan.

"You are still alive?" Jiraiya couldn't help but question him.

"Not bad! Not bad! I never expected you insects to possess such powers." Urashiki huffs for breath as he praises the group.

"Oh! Still putting airs. You have paid quite the price to escape from my technique." Izuna mocks Urashiki.

"I wonder how many times can you rewind your time and return to your former state," Izuna smirks.

Previously, during their battle,

Izuna has instructed Tatsuya to monitor Urashiki's every movement and report to him through telepathy. Tatsuya has been studying Urashiki's techniques during the battle.

Only he can track Urashiki's movement during his escape technique thanks to his Mangekyo ability of clairvoyance.

When Izuna's jutsu hit him earlier, Urashiki used the ability of his Blue Rinnegan to reverse the surrounding time. He was able to escape from the explosion, but the shock waves still got him.

'Even Rinnegan has limitations.'

Izuna shakes his head.

Bleurgh…

Urashiki pukes out another mouthful of blood as he vengefully stares at the group.

"I'll need to regroup and reformulate my strategy."

Swirl…

He opens a Yomotsu Hirasaka to escape from them.

"Do, it!"

Izuna signals the group.

Swish… swish…

Minato, Jiraiya, Kushina, and Tatsuya make some hand signs and slam their hand on the ground.

Vroom…

The sealing formation lights up with chakra, and a gigantic barrier surrounds the place.

Bang…

Urashiki's Yomotsu Hirasaka shatters and the surrounding space closes, leaving no path for escape.

Rumble…

A blue barrier encloses the entire group, isolating the space-time of the area.

Swish… swish…

Izuna makes some One-hand signs and slams his palm on the ground.

Swoosh…

He erects another green barrier and conceals the rest of the group from Urashiki.

Whoosh…

Sasuke appears beside Izuna and removes his cloak.

Shiing…

His left eye changes to reveal a Six-tomoe Rinnegan.

"Now I can fight without the fear of exposing my identity."

Izuna also dispels his illusion to reveal his eight-tomoe Rinne-Sharingan.

"Yeah! I have been holding myself back for a while. Fortunately, this Urashiki will allow me to go all out and vent my frustration."

'I have finally found a worthy sandbag. Unlike Isshiki this guy's brain is in his knees.'

Izuna cracks his neck and turns to Urashiki.

"Let's dance!"

"Rinne-Sharingan!"

Urashiki's expression turns ugly as he notices Izuna's Rinne-Sharingan. Even Sasuke is surprised to see this.

Urashiki attempts to open another portal, but it shatters before it could form.

"A space-time Isolation Barrier?!"

He waves his fishing rod to shatter the barrier.

Bzzt…

Red lightning flickers around the barrier and deflects his fishing rod.

"Since you have come this far, why bothering leaving now? We Uchiha clan members will show our hospitality to the members of the Otsutsuki clan." Izuna and Sasuke walk towards him.

"Haha… Ahahaha…"

Urashiki clutches his forehead and laughs maniacally.

"You vermin are nothing more than fodder in our eyes. How dare you compare yourself to the likes of the Otsutsuki clan?"

Shoom…

He infuses some chakra into his palm and inserts it into his guard.

Swish… swish… swish…

Urashiki pulls out ten orbs from his gourd and throws them towards the Uchiha duo.

Poof… Poof…

The orbs morph into puppets with Otsutsuki symbols.

"I hate to use my skills against the likes of insects, but you have truly infuriated me this time."

Urashiki waves his hand and shoots ten chakra beams at the puppet.

Snap… snap…

The puppets assemble themselves and come to life.

"Beware, Nii-san! These puppets are quite tricky to handle and their weapons can even pierce through Susanoo."

Sasuke warns him.

Izuna pulls out a glowing cyan blade from his storage.

"When it comes to fighting a group of enemies, I am the best!"

----------------------

A/N:- How is the battle so far? Is it boring or is it exciting? Do you think it is fast-paced, slow-paced or just right on the mark? Are you able to follow up with the events of battle or have hard time grasping the situation. Comment your thoughts.

P.S. It's quite hard to relay the situation of battle without any drawing or visual means. Still, I will try my best to make it possible to imagine.

78