280. Unexpected Guests
3.8k 2 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:- These few chapters are totally different from my usual writing style. I have to research a lot about Japanese wedding culture to write this part. Since, I am writing this fic as a complete story, some slice of life are to expected.

------------------

Yawn…

Kakashi yawns as Guy drags him out of his house.

"KAKASHI! Let's buy a wedding gift for Izuna!"

Guy is fired up.

"Guy… it's five in the morning! I don't think there will be any gift shop open at this hour. Yawn…"

Kakashi rubs his sleepy eyes.

"KAKASHI!"

Guy grabs Kakashi's shoulders.

"What should I gift him? I want to show my hot-blooded passion to Izuna when I present my gift to him. What will be a youthful gift?"

He shakes Kakashi's shoulders.

Hmm…

"So, you haven't decided on your gift yet?" Kakashi stares at Guy with deadpan eyes.

"NO! I haven't been able to find a gift filled with youthful energy!" Guy shakes his head.

"Kakashi! Do you know of such a gift?"

"Well! I don't have any clue about such a gift but you should also consider the bride while presenting the gift. It should be a gift useful to the couple." Kakashi suggests to him.

Hmm…

"A gift useful to both Izuna and Mizukage! Izuna is a very powerful shinobi and Mizukage is also one of the Kage!"

Guy ponders for a while.

"Thank you, my friend, Kakashi! I think I have got a direction for my gift!" Guy nods his head and dashes away.

Phew…

"He left! I am so sleepy; I want to get some sleep. I haven't slept last night due to the patrol duty." Kakashi heaves a sigh of relief and turns around to leave.

Whoosh…

Guy suddenly appears in front of him.

"Oh, by the way, Kakashi!"

Hua… aha…

Guy's sudden appearance scares Kakashi.

"That scared the shit out of me!"

He glares at Guy.

"What is it now?"

"Umm… Kakashi! What are you going to gift the newlywed couple?"

Guy curiously stares at Kakashi, waiting for his response.

"Me! I am going to gift them tickets for a honeymoon trip in a resort in Land of Noodles."

Kakashi fishes out a voucher from his pocket.

"Oh!" Guy nods his head.

"Your gift is quite good, but my gift will arouse the burning passion of youth in their heart. Haha…"

Guy gives a thumb-up and leaves.

"Well! Good luck with your gift!" Kakashi smiles warily and waves at him.

He raises his head and notices the sun rising on the horizon.

"I guess it's too late to go back to sleep. I should probably grab some breakfast and get ready for the ceremony!"

Whoosh…

Kakashi flickers towards the market.

------------

In the Uchiha clan compound,

"Yōkoso!"

Fugaku, Akira, and Yagami are dressed in a black kimono with the Uchiha crest on it.

The three of them welcomes guests with a warm smile.

"Congratulations!"

Hiashi and Hizashi Hyuga approaches them with some Hyuga elders.

Hiashi presents a bouquet to Fugaku who politely accepts it and passes it to another Uchiha standing beside them.

"This is a joyous occasion for the Uchiha clan and we Hyūga are delighted to be a part of it." Hiashi exchanges pleasantries with Fugaku.

Both sides have a warm smile on their face as they greet each other.

Hyuga clan has become an ally of the Uchiha clan after the Hyuga incident ten years ago. They even lent a helping hand to the Uchiha clan during the attack on the Uchihas.

Hanabi is holding hands with Hinata as she curiously looks around.

"Here!" Ayaka waves her hand towards Hanabi.

"I am coming!" Hanabi dashes towards Ayaka with a smile.

"Haha… the kids of our clan sure get along well!" Hiashi smiles joyously and enters the venue.

"Hinata! Here!" Naruto waves his hand at Hinata.

"Na… Naruto-kun!" Hinata's face turns red from embarrassment.

"Go on!" Her mother nudges her with a smile.

"Yes, mom!"

Hinata walks towards Naruto.

"Oh! Hanna! Hanako! You are here!" Mikoto waves her hand at Hinata and Neji's mother.

Mikoto, Aiko, and Fumiko are dressed in a 'Tomesode' which is a formal, black kimono embroidered with colorful designs.

The ladies gather and chatter with each other.

Fugaku and the rest continue to greet the guests from the other clans.

Soon,

Minato and Kushina arrive with Karin in tow.

"Lord Fourth!" Fugaku greets Minato with a smile.

"Congratulations!" Minato nods with a smile.

Kushina looks around and notices the ladies' group.

"Mikoto! You look so pretty in this dress!"

She hurriedly joins the group.

Karin joins with the rest of the younger Konoha group.

One by one all the guests gather as the environment becomes harmonious.

Soon,

An entourage of Kiri shinobis arrives at the entrance of the venue.

"Lord Fuji!" Fugaku, Akira, and Yagami respectfully nod their head in greeting.

"Haha… there is no need to be so formal with me. We are one big family now!" Fuji laughs heartily.

Akira personally leads the group and caters to their needs.

Soon,

Another entourage of shinobis arrives at the Uchiha clan.

"Suna shinobis!"

Fugaku and Yagami frown as they stare at the group.

"Did we invite them?" Fugaku doubtfully stares at the group.

"It's Izuna! He is the one who invited them!"

Tsunade enters the venue with Shizune.

"Lord Fifth!"

Fugaku and Yagami respectfully greet her with a bow.

"But isn't it a bit of a stretch to invite them after what happened four years ago?" Fugaku has a grim expression on her face.

"I had similar thoughts but Izuna intended to invite this bunch. So, I could only agree with his demand!" Tsunade shakes her head.

"Let's see how things play out! With the last incident, I am sure Suna will be more docile than usual." She places a hand under her chin and stares at the group of the Suna shinobis.

"Yōkoso"

Fugaku and Yagami politely greet the group.

"Congratulations!"

Rasa passes a large bouquet of orchids to Fugaku. He notices the slight frown on the faces of the group and replies politely.

"We are here on this occasion to congratulate the Uchiha clan and also sign an alliance and a new peace treaty with Konoha." Rasa relays his intentions.

"This is just a small token of our gratitude!"

Rasa waves his hand and a group of Suna shinobis bring out some packed boxes.

"This! There is really no need for this!" The Konoha group is surprised by this extravagance.

"No! No! Please accept it! It's nothing in front of our sincerity!" Rasa tries to appease them.

In the end, the Uchiha group could only accept the gifts, seeing the sincerity in Rasa's eyes.

"Please! This way!" Yagami personally leads the Suna group.

Haah…

Fugaku takes a deep breath.

"This is turning more on the political side than just a peaceful wedding!" He sighs helplessly.

"What else do you expect?! The reputation of Izuna, Shisui, and Itachi is widespread! You should have expected such a situation from the start." Tsunade shakes her head.

"I guess the Uchiha clan has restored its lost dignity!" Fugaku has a smile on his face as a burden lifts from his heart.

'Previously, because of my incompetency, the clan suffered a major blow and was almost on the verge of extinction. That was a huge blow to the pride and dignity of the clan. But thankfully, due to Izuna, Shisui, and Itachi's efforts; the fame of the clan has reached new heights.'

Fugaku turns around to leave and host the ceremony.

Tap… tap…

Sounds of multiple footsteps fall in his ears.

"Who is it this time?" Fugaku helplessly turns around.

An entourage of the Kumogakure appears in his vision.

"Kumogakure?"

He questioningly turns to Tsunade.

"Did Izuna invite Kumogakure too?"

Hmm…

"He did send an invitation to all the other hidden villages but even I didn't expect this guy to appear here."

Tsunade nods her head.

"Out of the five hidden villages, we expected the arrival of Sunagakure and Kirigakure, but the appearance of Kumo is out of our expectation.

Given the headstrong personality of the Raikage and Tsuchikage, we expected them to outright reject the invitation. But I never expected him to appear here."

Tsunade has visible confusion on her face.

Tap… tap…

Sounds of footsteps of another large group fall in their ears.

"Don't tell me it's Iwa this time!" Fugaku's expression turns ugly.

"This is no longer a wedding ceremony! It has turned into a huge international political affair!"

Hmm…

A raises his head and notices the tiny Onoki slowly walking towards the venue.

"Hah! Looks like the spine of Iwa is broken just like it's Kage!" A ridicule the Iwa group.

Hmph…

The expression of Iwa shinobis turns ugly as they glare at Kumo shinobis with hostile gazes. Fire is blazing in their eyes as they are ready to pounce on the Kumo group.

Cough… cough…

Onoki coughs slightly and waves his hand.

"We are in Konoha to attend a wedding ceremony. This is not a war!"

"Yes, Tsuchikage-sama!" The Iwa shinobis lower their guard, but the hostility is still apparent in their eyes.

"Iwa still holds its dignity, unlike a certain someone who lowered his head and begged pathetically to others to rescue their men." Onoki mocks A.

"Tsuchikage! You are asking for it!" A riles up his chakra and presses his feet on the ground cracking it in the process.

"Bring it on! I am not afraid of you and your pathetic village!" Onoki lifts his finger as he slowly floats into the air.

"Enough!"


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

64