Chapter 59: Our Stories
1.1k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilith wore a sullen expression on her weary face that made it difficult for me stay angry with her now was not the time for taking the moral high ground I’d just ask her why she stood idly while our team mate was almost mutilated.

What kind of arrogant bitch was I to lecture somebody else on morality when I can sever a girls arm clean off without a moment’s hesitation,  I’d changed in my short time in this world If I had seen an accident or the result of a beating I’d have become sick to my stomach.

But not in this world I’ve seen people explode and be murdered in droves and yet I can sleep perfectly fine at night in fact I’d say it’s eerie how unaffected by violence I am nowadays.

                                                                                              “ Hey bestie can we talk?”

                                                                                              “Yeah, sure… no worries.”

Bestie followed me away from Aeolus who was tending to the freshly healed Madoka her wounds had vanished, but she was still covered in dry blood and had been rendered unconscious from the stress the ordeal.

The awkward silence between us grew ever larger Lilith wouldn’t look me in the eye and had made it clear that I would be the one that needed to instigate the conversation. Now than how can I word this delicately.

                                                                 “Why didn’t you help Madoka?”

                                                               “Because I can’t, Riri.” Lilith sighed.

                                                               “What do you mean by can't?"

                                                               “I just can’t, I’m sorry.”

                                                               “That’s a load of bullshit”  

 

 An irresistible anger swelled inside of me as I seized Lilith’s collar, pushing her against the brick wall that rested behind her. She gave no resistance, not even subconsciously trying to protect herself.

                                                                             “There’s a reason for my inaction, ” Lilith sobbed

                                                                              "Reasons huh, I’m listening.”  

                                                                               “I can’t tell you.”

                                                                               “Why not?”

                                                                                “You wouldn’t understand.”

                                                                                “Then make me “

                                                                               “I can’t….”

                                                                               “Fine if you can't tell me than show me."

 

I relinquished my grip a little as Lilith slid down the wall as she slid  I caught her in my arms and held her, I’d been so erratic as of late, so I should offer an apology, especially considering I know nothing of Lili’s circumstances.

“Lili, ” I said wiping the tears flowing from her swollen eyes while cupping her soft pale cheeks with my hands, I wanted her undivided attention but I might have overdone  it just a little.   

                                                                               “I’m so sorry bestie."

                                                                               "Why are you apologizing"  Lilith placed her hand atop of mine

                                                                               “I took out my frustrations on you.”

                                                                                “it’s fine..Riri.”

                                                                               “No, it’s not"

I brought Lili in for a tight hug. This girl had done so much for me in the short time that we’ve been acquainted and right now she’s the person I care for the most in this wretched world, well the second most someone else has claimed the right to my top spot.

                                                               "I’m terrified of hurting her or  pushing her away, so I need to learn more about her.

                                                              “Let’s exchange  stories, bestie.”

                                                               “What… stories.” Lilith said, rubbing her eyes.

                                                                "Our stories"

                                                              “You tell me why you couldn’t help Usa and..."

                                                             “in exchange you'll tell me everything about your past, okay” Lilith grinned.

                                                             “That’s a really harrowing story, you sure you want to know”

                                                             “Well, we have that in common mines not exactly all sunshine either far from it in fact."

                                                            “Lili, you’re going first" 

                                                            “Ah… okay, so there once was a very lonely girl.”  

 

                                                        

Why do you think Lilith didn't help Madoka
  • She hates Madoka Votes: 4 5.6%
  • She's got a valid reason Votes: 45 62.5%
  • She's a bitch? Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Some other reason (Comment Below) Votes: 12 16.7%
Total voters: 72
24