Chapter 8 –  Vortex, Questions?
1k 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The possible problem of someone popping up to take him back remained. His response would probably not be a peaceful one, once they see the condition of the boy's body and soul.

Therefore, he has to maintain vigilance and hide his presence if something happens. Because they would probably examine the soul thoroughly, once they realize it is sealed, and his existence could be known. Hence his vigilance should remain in high because this wild card made him anxious.

His third concern was more of a problem. Opposite energies either nullify each other or cause an unpredictable result.

Hence, maintaining two opposite energies in a body without dealing with them would be suicidal or pointless because they would be nullified.

Consequently, his other option was to change his host, but that was more problematic because he had already taken root in this body and established a connection to it. Getting out of the state would be possible by exiting this body and taking over another. However, his situation would be much worse because he would have to use his remaining soul power to do this shift.

If the new host's body has a strong soul, they would devour him in his weakened state after the transfer.

Even in the case that he succeeded in taking over the body, he would be weakened, and would probably have to go dormant for some time.

There is no telling what would happen to the body of the new host without protection and a soul controlling it.  All in all, his current position was safer compared to this blind luck draw of picking another host. Thus, after analyzing the situation, he decided against finding another host.

Making his decision against switching host, he sighed that the path that he chooses would be extremely difficult.

Having dealt with his initial problems, the best way that he could. He mentally relaxed. As soon as his mind relaxed, he noticed a calling deep in his soul. He concentrated on the calling, and he was guided deeper into his soul.

As he was sinking in, his soul became darker and purer in nature. Soon he reached an area with energy gathered in a circular motion forming a sort of vortex, a black hole.

He was confused as to why something like this would be at his soul. After examining it, he noticed that he no longer had any control of his consciousness. He was slowly getting pulled into the black vortex.

He was panicking. He thought that he had just come to terms with his situation, and now he would be screwed over again.

Seeing that nothing could be done, he decided that he would not panic. However, he maintained full vigilance and would use his remaining soul power to escape if he notices any danger.

He was slowly drawn into the darkness, the closer he got to the vortex, the stronger became a sense of familiarity. Something went off in the dark soul's consciousness once he reached a threshold. There was a sort of connection that established. Once this sense was established, the soul felt like a barrier was shattered. This made the dark soul feel more comfortable, and it gave a feeling of extreme ecstasy. Enjoying this feeling, it remained like this for a while, and he slowly extended his senses. The soul felt less constrained as if it was meant to be in this state.

This state was akin to a sort of freedom, a mental release. The best way to describe it would be, if before he was a close off bud, now he is a flower in full bloom taking in all the sunlight and enjoying it to the fullest.

"Hello," came a voice from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Waking up the soul from the best feeling he has ever had. It would have had an angry expression if he had facial features. The little soul extended his senses anxiously to find the source of the sound, but his search was in vain.

"Hehe," seeing the anxious soul the voice had a carefree laugh and continued, "little one there is no need to search for me, you can not see me there because I am not there."

The soul had many questions, but all that he could come up with was, "Who are you?"

The more that he heard that voice, the more he felt a sense of closeness to it and unbeknownst to him, his anxiety seeped away.

"Straight to the hard question, hehe," the voice replied.

Getting this reply would have made the soul mad and angry before. But for some reason, he no longer could be angry, and unexpectedly he was somehow happy. This made his soul stabilize, and it slowly got nourished in this environment.

The stabilization also allowed it to perceive its current location, after being sucked into the vortex.

His current location was high above in the space. The current location made the soul feel like a king, looking down on everything. Below him was the worlds, universes, nebulas and galaxies, they seem so small and fragile from this location.

Seeing the universe at this height made every problem obsolete and unimportant, a sense of absolute power and superiority could be felt here. Everything seemed so small, making one carefree and laugh at the big problems that they had previously.

Just a while ago he was worried about safety but now looking down on universes, this gave him a glimpse of the power and its effect to one's perspective. Looking down on everything literally, made one understand how accurate is the saying that, "at a certain height, everything below would seem obsolete."

"It is a beautiful view, right?" Said the voice, waking the dark soul up for the second time from his stupor.

Before this point, he was able to identify things, and knowledge about them would just show up in his consciousness. However, here he was totally blind and could not understand what was happening.

The dark soul had lost his confidence at this point. He could not understand this location, and he thought something might be wrong with him.

He had a lot of questions that had popped up in his head, and the answer did not just come to him like before.

"Where is he? Where is that voice coming from? Is he a friend or a foe? What is the way out? Can he get out of here? If so, how? Is he still alive or did he somehow get destroyed and this is heaven or hell?"

Many more questions kept on appearing in his head and he simply could not answer them at this point. This had him confused, and he no longer resembled his previous confident persona.

The confusion caused by a new place was not answered by his knowledge. The lack of information about this place, plus the sudden change and lack of understanding and knowledge, had a profound effect on him.

This made his confidence lowered and piqued his curiosity.

The fact that he could not maintain high vigilance in this environment and went to a stupor many times stacked up with his problems, and he was having a sort of mental breakdown.

The voice had sensed the abnormal emotions of the dark-soul, and asked: "what is wrong?"

The dark soul was shaken. He really could not understand a lot of things here and decided to state his curiosity and started with firing the questions he was most curious about?

"Where am I? Why am I here?"

"Why do I not understand this place?"

"Who are you?"

Getting caught off guard and in a stupor many times, the dark soul felt embarrassed. But he did not show it he had asked the questions to gain an upper-hand. At the same time, it came from his heart, because these questions had really given him a lot of anxiety.

The dark soul wanted his questions answered because he really was lost here. He could not work out any solutions or have an understanding of what was happening. He just felt confused and was not expecting an answer. This is because these questions were related to him. Why would the Voice know their answers? His aim was to just vent out his frustrations.

"Aaahhhheeeeeemmmmm," the Voice made a sound to grasp whether to answer these questions or perhaps how to form an answer that would make sense to the dark soul.

Surprisingly, the Voice seemed to know something, and this gave the dark soul hope that perhaps he can understand himself better here.

The Majestic-Voice came once again, "let me introduce myself, I am you," and he continued by muttering in a low voice, "in a sense," the smugness could be felt from the Voice. If one had observed him, they would probably see a grin form on his face while saying this.

The dark soul was confused and perplexed to the extreme, he thought to himself, "how do I even continue the conversation at this point?"

Seeing that the mysteriousness did not come off as he intended, the Majestic-Voice once again sounded. This time in a bit of a more serious tone, "It is hard to explain who I am, at this point, you will understand it soon."

 

 

 

16