Chapter 226 –  Moonlighting as a thief!?
39 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After seeing the beautiful and multi-coloured town, they were both captivated by it. After the sparkle dimmed a little, Fiona said, "I forgot something. I will be back." She returned to her room and brought a beautiful gift box. It was not big, but the presentation made it look grander than it perhaps was. "I will take you to an interesting place."

She did not tell Aile its location and wanted it to be a surprise. What made it more thrilling were her next words, "but you should be open-minded." They were walking out on the main path towards the exit when she whispered to him, "Aile, can we sneak out." The thrill of escaping and not getting caught had resonated with her. After getting out of the estate, she was very excited and took the lead, guiding him around a few streets. They arrived at a well guarded and ascetically superior place that was not too far away.

The guards seemed well equipped and organized. "Do you think we can sneak in here?" She said in a challenging way. Seeing the excited smile of Fiona, Aile could not say no. He was wondering if she had developed an interest in the thrill of sneaking out of places, and perhaps she would change career soon, or at least she might moonlight as a thief.

Aile did not bring it up, worrying that it might interest her. He did not want to become a roadblock for his girls, but neither did he want them to face danger frequently. Being a thief was too dangerous to encourage or even mention it to her, he finally agreed on that. After sneaking into the heavily guarded mansion, Aile was expecting to leave, making it a little secret activity between them that they would come back to. But she let go of his hand and reached to the main gate and pushed it open. She no longer decided to conceal herself, and soon she knocked on one of the grandest doors.

She proudly walked in and pulled him a little close, and then locked hands with him. To Aile's astonishment, he saw the magistrate, the lady that resembled Princess Alice and the person he did not want to see.

Aile had not told Fiona that she was possibly related to the royalty. He could only sigh, an awkward dinner wound abound, but if Fiona would happy as a result of it, he did not mind. Aile did not show displeasure but held Fiona by the waist and transmitted to her that she might be related to the royalty.

He surprising got a reply from Fiona that said, "I know do not worry about her, everything will be clear to you soon."

Aile and the magistrate Alia got introduced once again, and this time Aile did not hold anything against her. She, too, did not have anything against him. While it was awkward initially as their first meeting was not started on the correct foot, Fiona's eloquent interventions brought them together. Aile was not sure how to makeup, he had only ever made up to Sara, and he was not convinced if a sweet candy would cut it here. Fortunately, the conversation between them flowed smoothly, and the delightful topics made them forget about what had happened.

Aile noticed a small detail, the food was served for three, and no one was around and wondered if some of this was planned. Aile did not want to ask the purpose of the visit as it could be a bit rude, especially considering how things were left at last time. However, he was sure that this was not a simple apology dinner; it seemed more elaborate. This would be Fiona indirectly asking him to do something collaborative, perhaps.

Fiona had succeeded in her first step, and Aile had developed a distinct impression of the magistrate, and he had forgone his past grievances.

The meal was tasty, and Aile and the conversation was more tasteful. Fiona bringing the positives of both sides made it somewhat obvious but cuter and heart-warming. Since they did not have unreconcilable enmity, the laughter became louder like that between two bosom friends.

After the dinner, Fiona just sprang the magistrate's secret, revealing the banquet's purpose. Alia was not happy, but after it happened, she could only frown a little before sighing. He figured out her identity and reason for being here.

Aile could only sigh, as this town too was embroiled in the conflict of the Royals and the White Clan. Alia is part of royalty and a peace envoy who was officially the guest of the White Clan, her presence is a bridge of trust between the two powers. A similar situation plays on the other side, the royals have a high-ranking member of the White Clan as a peace envoy.

This creates a semblance of balance and trust between the forces. Aile thought it resembled a hostage situation more.

The explanation continued, the current volatile atmosphere puts Alia in danger. While she has a team of loyal guards, they have informed her that a powerful group is keeping an eye on them. If they make a move, things will not be looking great for her.

Alia had also secretly received news from her dad to try her best to escape after she reported some troubling events. She can not go to the capital as she is officially meant as a peace envoy and these volatile times need her presence the most. But she does not want to end as a kidnapped victim either.

Her public extraction would be as good as declaring war, so the safest place for her would be some hidden place. However, people keep an eye on her guards mostly, as she would not be able to escape alone, and if she does, she could just be captured with no one to protect her.

In fact, they want her to escape to use her and create tension between the king and her family. So she had asked Fiona for help leading to the current predicament.

Her trust in Aile increased. Since she already told her most of her story, she explained her conjectures too. Alia does not trust all the guards that have come with her. She believes at least one has turned.

She can only trust two of them who are bound to her by a secret technique. She did not want Aile to know all of this, but Fiona's presence and, her concerns brought her walls down.

2