Chapter 227 – The keys to Fiona’s heart
57 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alia wanted Aile to know of everything and hope that Fiona was right. In the end, she was cornered, and Fiona already told him a lot. She could only hope that the 'impressive' Aile had a method. Things were different between them after they talked with each other.

His previous intrusive action of appearing in front of her and smacking her behind, without allowing her to retaliate, became a little more impressive and a little less rude. What happened made her blush and a little angry, but she was more concerned about her safety now, and those expressions were drowned in anxiety.

Her current situation was another reason she did not want things to get too unstable here. As the white clan could send troops in the name of keeping the place safe, only making her imprisoned here. The nobles that have previously been calm have already approached her differently. Some questioned her leadership, while others were more audacious to offer her marriages, and others started creating trouble making her think that the White Clan's plans will happen soon.

Aile thought about it and honestly gave them his opinion. He said,

"Due to your close relationship, it would be unlikely that the star Merchant Union could successfully help you." Aile continued to explain, "As you have publically shown your closeness to Fiona. Chances are that if she disappeared, the first place they would look for you will be there. The most likely outcome is that they are already keeping an eye on the Star Merchant Union."

Alternatively, the best and closest place she needs to get to would be Port Kiar, as there is a royal presence there. She could get help, but since she publically could not leave her post, Marquis Andrew could use her in many ways. In the best case requesting monetary value from her father, in the worst, forcefully marrying her and joining the royalty. She also agreed with Aile and told him that she did not want that to happen. This left her other towns in White Clan's territory. Which was heavily dangerous.

Since her looks were so distinct and eye-catching, she would have a problem dealing with them. Her other option was traversing all of the White clan's territories and hiding in a small village at the royal's side. Fabricating her death was rejected. This is because only one person would deliver her news, and she no longer trusted him and worried that the letters are being screened and read.

She could use Fiona's people to deliver the news. But it would be tricky, as by the time they would be allowed to see her father, it could be too late. The White Clan is already making moves, and if she has to wait until the news is delivered a different way, she would be doomed. With the help of Aile and Fiona, she realized that her situation was bleak. Alia's face was drained of blood and had turned pale. She could only look at them pleadingly, especially Fiona.

However, Aile was not willing to take a risk at the moment. If he did not have so much going on, perhaps he would help, but currently, he could not. If there was an option or way that did not involve him or his secrets, he would consider it. But until Aile finds such a response, he would not get involved.

After Fiona calmed her down, she started to ponder on her decision.

Aile left with Fiona soon after, this was meant to be his time, his date with her. Once Aile was outside, Fiona said she forgot the reason she came here. And took the gift she picked up from her room to gave it to Alia, and a few minutes later, she was out.

Aile guessed that it was not that she just forgot, but she also wanted to talk with Alia alone. They seemed to be much closer than Aile initially thought. After all, such a secret is not easily told. Even if she was pressured by circumstance unless Alia was stupid, she would not divulge it.

Although he was tempted to listen to their conversation, he did not do that in the end. He was curious, but he did not want to monitor Fiona's private conversation, one they did not want him to hear.

He did not want them to feel exposed. This was not something worth it, and if it is relevant, he would hear of it soon.

He waited for her return, and soon she was back. After sneaking out of the mansion, Aile was led back towards their mansion as Fiona snuggled into his bosom. Seeing the ever more affectionate Fiona, he was happy to help her more. But Aile stopped Fiona and asked, "What about our date?" Fiona held him closer and kissed him next to his lips, telling him that she needs to solve a few more things before she has peace of mind being with him.

Aile was not bothered by the requests, but he became curious, why was he brought in to meet with the magistrate. Fiona replied, "You will know that soon." She wanted to solve some of the other issues and apprehensions in her heart.

He was not in a hurry, so Aile was guided by her. They reached the residential building again, and Aile was taken in a different direction. Finally, they arrived in front of a door, and Aile was pushed in first, then Fiona followed.

Inside the room were the two people that Aile had been looking for yesterday. They were Fiona's two remaining assistants, Maggi and Izumi. He had the message from Luna to them.

Maggi was tall with slender legs and a piercing gaze, yet her personality was friendly. She had long golden hair.

Izumi was cute a bit taller than Luna with a bit of wildness in her personality. She had brown hair. Izumi gave off the feeling that something unexpected would happen if you are close to her.

Fiona then told Aile to sit down as she explained the situation to him.

Apparently, when they first arrived as compensation for their family's mistakes, Fiona took them in. She had also told them that they were part of the compensation for him, and if they became fruitful, they could become more than simple bed warmers. As she had seen him treat Diana so well, even though she would have been happy as a bed warming maid.

2