Chapter 228 – A long overdue talk
56 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, Aile had told Fiona then that he was not looking for bed warmers or low-status concubines. Due to things happening and the pressure of starting a new business, she did not correct two of the best helpers and people she trusted. She did not want to lose them.

By the time Fiona noticed the problem, they were already looking forward to meeting him more often, as they had gotten a better understanding of him. She had hoped that they would give up seeing him with other women, but that did not work either.

She had not gotten the chance to break it up to them that they will no longer be his concubines even though they have put on many sleepless nights and given up on a lot for his sake. Since they were, in a sense, her students, she did not want to take him away from them after all that. They have been practising and want to meet him more.

After Fiona heard about what happened with Anna. She thought that she could also use the opportunity to do the same to solve her problem. So here they were. The two girls, soon after Fiona finished, came and kissed him. Although there was some reluctance. It seems that they would follow Fiona's instruction.

After the first kiss, he pecked them on the cheeks and promised that he will get to know them later, and there is no need for the forced situation. His words sound liked polite rejection of them. Izumi acted wild as expected and dropped her cloak as she was underneath it in sexy clothing. She said, "You should not reject without judging us first."

It had been around 7 years that they were told that they had someone that they needed to serve. Although they were unhappy in the beginning, they soon accepted Aile.

They were working for him and felt a little entitled, knowing that it was his company and partially theirs too. So they worked more diligently to get his attention and appreciation. Their apprehensions decreased, and after seeing Aile a few time, they were not unhappy with the decision anymore.

In the few times they met him, he was examined, and they found him handsome, wealthy and someone fun. He was always the key person that brought people together and having enjoyment. They finally accepted him. When Fiona informed them about their new status today, they were just unhappy. They would no longer be in the level of a close companion, this was a demotion to them.

But they agreed, after hearing that they might not get another chance. They decided to prove themselves to him. With hard work, they can get a higher position in his heart.

Yet there was some misgiving in their heart. The apprehension stemmed from the fear that by following Fiona, they will make a loss. They would lose their previous, more illustrious position. The little hope that thing could change in the future would disappear, and so would their previous dreams and expectations.

Now that the time came, they were rejected and hurt. Maggi's eyes started to water while Izumi was going to tempt him with her body first and then refuse him.

She did not care about any consequences, this was the second time her life's decision was being affected dramatically. First, she was told to accept a man she never saw.

After accepting him and accepting the worst option being pushed to the corner, she was rejected. Granted that life did not disappoint her and he was interesting and what she had hoped for, it did not change the fact she had little choice in the matter. The worst part was that they knew that he had many women, yet they were declined.

Aile realized their thoughts and looked at Fiona, who was also sad as she felt responsible. He decided to honestly tell them his opinion.

Aile told them that was not rejected them but was against the current forced situation. He reiterated and explained to them that as Fiona told them, he had already accepted them. This would mean that they would end up together in the future, but there was no reason to force such a thing today. They deserved more.

To prove himself, he kissed them both passionately on their lips and showing affection with his hands. That made them relaxed, and he helped Izumi wear her robe and wiped Maggi's tears. After that, he talked with them a little and passed Luna's message to them. Making the both of them angry and laughing at the same time.

After that, Fiona and Aile left, only she was downcasted even more.

"Sorry, I just could not..."

"It is fine..." Aile knew that something like this would happen, eventually. He had noticed Fiona trying to matchmake for a long time, and she had been telling him indirectly that she has made a decision for him. "Fiona, what is going on?"

She was flustered and said meekly, "I just want to be fully honest with you before we proceed with our relationship. I do not want you to think that I took advantage of our closeness later... or manipulated you... if my mistakes are not redeemable, then you can decide now..."

Aile knew her character, it was one that considered the whole situation. Only when she knew everything, she would decide on something. She gave Aile the same honour, showing all her flaws so that like her, once he accepted her, he would know what he is getting into and would not change his mind later. "Did you tell me everything now?"

"No, there is one more thing..." Fiona said, downcasted and sad.

Aile waited, and since no response came, he said, "And you cannot tell me now?"

"I- I... it is not that simple... I do not want to bring you another issue now... We have a lot to deal with now and...." Aile knew that she was not comfortable with whatever it was and would wait for her to be ready to tell him.

"I will wait until you are ready... But what was meeting the magistrate about?"

"That is something Emily wanted. She will tell you tomorrow about it."

2