Chapter 232 – Swish
38 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emily and Iris did not care much for the scenery and just followed Aile. They reached the general's room of the fort, this was equivalent to the throne room of a castle. The room was large and spacious. The seat at the end was at a higher platform. It gave a sense of majesty, and anyone that entered would indirectly feel smaller. Aile was attracted to the large seat that was placed, which was higher than him in height.

Aile wanted to see what made it so enthralling and seeing Aile quickly visit the seat surprised Emily. The room had large murals, and other things that seemed unique, but the throne was the most natural thing, yet Aile went to it. Emily asked, "Do you know something about it?"

"No, I have a feeling that I need to do something here..."

Emily was astonished and said, "I shouldn't be surprised as it is coming from you."

"Why?"

"Because there is a secret entrance there. Emily touched the side of the paintings on the wall. Then pulled a gauntlet that seemed like decoration on the throne. It acted as a liver and moved the throne. Aile quickly drew a light-gathering rune on his hand and stepped towards the corridor/tunnel-like entrance that was revealed under the throne.

Emily and Iris followed him, and as this was the second time, they too looked around to explore while maintaining their guard. The tunnels were sloped down and up until their path was blocked. The energy present in the tunnel had higher concentration and purity, making them think they were heading towards a treasure.

Aile soon arrived at a dark door made of stones. Emily started to explain, "That is where that energy leak was coming from before. However, on the other side of this door is just a square room and nothing seemed to be special about it. We checked everywhere inside and could not find the source of the energy inside. However, after we exited to regroup, the energy no longer leaked out. We did not go inside again to not trigger something or activate something that would attract unnecessary attention."

Aile meditated a little and examined the surrounding to see if there is any reaction or feeling of danger, he did not feel anything like that, so he felt at ease. With the gut feeling that guided him like a compass, and the lack of negative response from his fate orb, his resolve to continue ahead strengthened. Every one of his steps was in the right direction, and he carefully entered the room.

"Let's go inside, but stay on your guards!"

The room that appeared in front of him consisted of dark glossy walls and a roof. It had made the light generated by Aile became dimmer and a few seconds in, the light that was generated by a light-gathering rune flickered and was directly pulled and absorbed into the walls. For a brief second, it revealed a more complex pattern on the wall. He was smiling, and the ladies were in awe of his luck.

They had tried many things on the first day to find out the secret of this room, yet he was lucky enough to make the painted patterns appear because he used runes in the room.

Aile walked out and wanted to check whether the appearance of the pattern was linked to his runes. He prepared another set, and once they were bright, he entered. As they expected, the light was absorbed by the different surfaces of the small room. After the absorption was finished, for a brief moment, more complex patterns were visible. This time Aile realized something, some areas were remarkably similar to what he was learning about in his studies about runes and immediately made the connection that the room was covered in complex high-level runes.

The brief second was enough to learn enough about them, so he decided to see if he can increase the time they are visible, he left the room and drew light-gathering runes and entered it again. They were absorbed, and this time the runes that reacted to him were visible for a bit longer after seeing them, it triggered something inside of him, making the fate orb excited.

Hehe

He was happy as the fate orb showed him that this was the right place for him, so he went out and covered himself with many light-gathering runes, Aile was bright like the sun as he entered next time. However, it only took the room a few seconds to absorb everything and reveal its complex runes.

Every time they appeared, Aile was absorbed more into them until the supplementary knowledge about runes stored in his mind was activated once again. His understanding of runes did not elevate, but he got more knowledge about this specific rune. However, as it was a high-level complex rune, he couldn't understand everything about it. But the jest of it became clear to him, and he only knew that it was not harmful.

"Do you have energy crystals?"

Emily responded, "I have 5!"

Aile excitedly nodded and took 3 from her. He started to walk in a specific pattern from an arrow that was on the ground.

3 steps right,

2 steps forward,

9 steps left

1 step back

....

...

..

.

Once Aile finished what seemed like a dance, the sound movement similar to a small stream appeared, and not long after, grooves appeared on the surfaces of the room.

After that, he stopped his weird movements and took the three crystal and placed in the large grooves around the room. Ancient patterns lit up as the crystals melted on the grooves, forming and activating mysterious diagrams.

The groves acted as the aqueducts transporting the melted crystal's liquid transported around the room. Everywhere the liquid reached, it activated more of the patterns.

Some of the liquid was even pulled into the roof, but it did not drop. Once there was some liquid in all the groves, they experienced a feeling of being stretched. Their surrounding darkened, and all the lights from the patterns were gone.

Swish

2