Into the Dragon’s Lair Story Arc, Part I [Prologue]
2.4k 7 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning, in the Upper City of the Holy See of Arcadia…

A frigid breeze blew through the sun-warmed plaza, carrying the scent of fresh flowers and clean air as it flowed westwards into the rest of the Upper City.

“Hmph.”

The elven Lich, the Vizier known as Elena de L’Enfer, grimaced as the pointed ends of her elvish ears twitched from the fleeting breeze that stirred at the tail end of her red longcoat. The majestic homes and crystalline flora of the Upper City all around her, were as beautiful as she had ever known them to be.

“It’s like heaven here, huh?”

It was, truly, a place worthy of the nobles and the wealthy of the Holy See of Arcadia. With a smile, Elena set her sights upon a noticeboard that stood amidst the luxury of the plaza. She made her way past groups of finely dressed humans and their exotic pets, ignoring their hushed whispers about the shape of her ears and the presence of a ‘demon worshipper’ in their midst.

“Well, well… what do we have here?”

There was a poster that caught her eye. Sequestered to the side, amidst all manner of miscellaneous notices. It depicted a petite girl in her teenage years with short lavender hair and brown eyes, who smiled from ear-to-ear as if blissfully unaware of her own fate, marked a single word written in a large red font.

“Missing... Anna de la Lune...”

With a grin, Elena reached for the poster, pulling it away from its secluded spot with a gentle tug that tore it slightly from the top. Nobody would miss it. Probably. And admittedly, it was not much to go by for the sake of her task from her Archon mistress, Nhaka Mezalune. That there was unsanctioned magic in the air of the Upper City, a ritual in the making of unknown origin that had to be found and stopped at any cost, and by any means necessary.

Even so, it was still something to work with. After all, rogue sorcerers and warlocks had this annoying tendency of finding living victims to enact their evil magics. She knew this to be true, whether she liked it or not.

50