Chapter 04: I Joined The Literature Club!? (Part 1)
1.5k 32 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sayori: "Fresh meat is here, bitches! Ahh! I mean the new member is here everyone!"

"Sayori, what the f... I mean what did you just say?"

Sayori: "Ehehehe, nothing..." *fidgets her fingers*

As I entered the room with Sayori, my whole body froze. My eyes were not deceiving me. The answers to my question, is here. The whole members of the Literature Club... are here. In this very room that I am about to walk in. But why they look so... weird?

I saw a long,purple-haired girl across the room, staring intently at me. Like, crazy stare. I think she is Yuri. Not that kind of "yuri". But, I guess it feels great than me actually staring at her. I blushed a little.

Out of curiosity, I get close to her. But because of my nervousness, I bump into a table, eventually dropping my pen from my pocket. Who puts pens on their pockets by the way? Of course, me.

I bend down to reach it but I guess someone beat me to it.

Yuri: "Ah, here you go..."

I grab the pen from her hand but why can't she let it go?

"Thanks, uhhm.. you can let go now."

Yuri: "Oops, sorry about that."

She meekly lets go and smiles shyly. Seriously, I have only seen this girl for minutes but she's making my heart beat faster, more than normal!

Yuri: "Welcome to the Literature Club. It is a pleasure to meet you."

"A pleasure to meet you as well."

Yuri: "Sayori always told nice stories about you. She said you are quite a charmer."

Wait, me? A charmer? Am I though? Well , i guess Sayori already told everything. Maybe at least Sayori didn't tell "everything" about me.

Then I saw a short, pink-haired girl rush in front of me. Apparantly, she is Natsuki.

Natsuki: "Seriously Sayori? What happened to "Girl Power Forever" huh? Why do you have to bring a worthless man meat here? Way to kill the atmosphere."

Huh? A worthless man meat? Ha! That's funny. You know what, I like her.

Natsuki: "Hah! Got a problem with me?"

Oohh, sarcastic undertone? She's got spunk. I guess this girl will be interesting at the very least.

Natsuki: "Don't call me short, I teach you how to bow to a master."

She made her hand gesture of Sonny Chiba's palm strike to the balls. I shiver. A little though.

Then, another girl comes in. She had a brownish, long hair. She have this white ribbon, tying up her hair. I guess this is Monika. But, what is she holding? A book? A puzzle book?

Monika: "I still can't figure out this puzzle. They say it was suppose to be easy."

I stared at the cover of the book when suddenly she notices me.

Monika: "Ahh, Welcome to the Literature Club! It's nice to see you again here, Haruno."

Again? Wait what? Was I here before? Have I seen her before I got reincarnated here? I feel like it was more than that. I got the chills.

Huh. I feel like I already saw this scene for hundreds or thousands of times. Maybe it's because I always play this game. I tried shrug it off. The chills subsided...

...

But, all words escape me in this situation. Because this club.... is incredibly full of insanely cute girls! I must be super dense if I never notice that before... huh? Before? I think... ahhh! Forget it. I am overthinking things so much. Yeah, let's forget those thoughs.

Natsuki: "What are you looking at? If you want to say something, go ahead."

Honesty is the best policy.

"Well, I am staring at a bunch of insanely cute girls. I feel so speechless. Hehehe."

Natsuki: "What did you say?! I AM NOT CUTE!"

Nope, you are cute. To the maximum level. Suddenly, I got punched in the arm.

"Hey, what was that for?"

Yuri: "Natsuki..."

Natsuki: " Hmph."

Oh my lord. Did she just do the cute tsundere thing? She hits hard though. I rub my arm. Her small figure made me think that she's a first-year. She is also the one Sayori mention who made the cupcakes too.

Natsuki: "So... Why are you here? It's not just for the cupcakes, RIGHT??"

Oh shit, she knows! Quick Haru! Make up an excuse!

"No! No! I....uhhh.. came here to check this place out because Sayori keeps bragging and wanting me to join today and I finally gave in."

Phew. Nice save Haruno Ishikawa. I will live to tell the tale.

Natsuki: "Are you sure about that? My cupcakes are TO DIE FOR!"

She sounded like that meme. I almost laugh. Sayori on the other hand, slowly whisper to my ear.

Sayori: "Do you know? She is the same year like us?"

"I already know that but it seems impossible! She's so tiny."

No offense, Natsuki. But instead of making fun of her, I feel actually worried. I can't shake this feeling again.

Sayori: "Anyways! This is Natsuki, she's always full of energy, most likely from the sugar from eating so many sweets!"

Well, she's right. But mostly.

Sayori: "And this is Yuri, she's the smartest member in the club!"

Yuri: "Don't say embarrassing things like that."

She's actually mature and timid. I remember that she seems to have a hard time keeping up with people like Sayori and Natsuki.

"It's nice to meet both of you then."

Yuri: "I guess it's nice to "meat" you too, Haruno. Sayori did say how fresh you are."

"Was that a joke?"

I don't think jokes are her strong part.

Natsuki: "What are you talking about, Haruno?"

"You should know that after calling me "man meat" after all."

Wow, I am speechless. Seriously, am I just meat for this girls? I am so damn confused right now.

Sayori: "And it sounds like you already know Monika right?"

Monika: "That's right! It's great to see you again, Haru-kun."

She said that as she smiles sweetly. So Monika is here to right? Hmm. It seems that she knows me, like last year? I try to think about last year. What happened to me and her last year? My memories are fuzzy. Damn, I may have remember anything, but that's just my past life. Besides, why do I have this feeling she's way out of my league? And why do I keep thinking that? I tried remembering anything about Monika. It seems that I can't and it was giving me the headaches. Finally, a moment of clarity made my mind calm down. Nothing can stop me now. Let's do this!

"You too, Monika. Let's have a great year together. Let's hang out more this time okay?"

I emphasise the word "this time" so she can be sure that I still remember her. The, she had this confused like face.

Monika: "Ahahaha, did you just say "hang out more?"

Oh. She didn't get that? Maybe?

Sayori: "Come sit down! We made room for you at the table, so you can sit down next to me or Monika. I'll get the cupcakes."

Natsuki: "Hey! I made them. I'll go get them!"

Sayori: "Sorry. I got excited. Hehe."

Yuri: "Then how about I go make some tea as well?"

The girls started to arrange chairs to form a table. And since Sayori mentioned earlier that it will be widened, there is one space next to her and a space next to Monika. Natsuki and Yuri walks over the corner of the room, Natsuki grabbed a wrapped tray while Yuri opens the closet. And you know what, let's do a pro-gamer move. I decided to sit down with Monika. I feel no shame nor doubt. She looks flustered. Oh yes. I did.

Monika: "Ummm...Haru? Why are you sitting next to me? Wouldn't you rather sit next to Sayori?"

She looks so shocked. It's like she wants me here, but didn't expected me to. I guess I did not do anything wrong? Right?

Well, fuck it. Today is so confusing and weird. But I don't care anymore. I am doing what I want! Thank you for the meal! I mean the cupcakes.

"No, is there a problem me sitting here?"

Monika: "Well, no. Ehehehe. This is new to me. I really didn't expect this."

Jackpot! I smiled back at her. She gets even more flustered. She meeky smiles back, but it's obvious that she's still confused that I'm sitting next to her. I decided to ignore this awkwardness and continue. More pro-gamer move. Wink wink.

"You know, it's nice to see you like this. It's so cute."

She gets even more flustered. I can see the look on her face.

Meanwhile, Natsuki proudly marches back to the table, tray in hand. Yuri too, on the other hand, with a tea set.

Natsuki: "Are you ready? Tadah!"

She says that with a super cute smile on her face.

Sayori: "Uwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

"Woah, it looks so yummy!"

Natsuki's cupcakes have this cute designs. Like this one cupcake that looks like a cat, and the ears are made from little chocolate pieces.

I started drooling again out of nowhere. I can just imagine those cupcakes being devoured by me. I keep the temptation to myself. And not to eat everything up.

Monika: "I had no idea you were so good at baking, Natsuki."

Natsuki: "Well, you know. Just hurry and take one."

Each of us grab our favorite cupcakes. Sayori here, on the side, finish hers in just several bites. But she got the icing over her face. Cute.

Sayori: "Shooooo~ guuuddddd~"

Of course, as a cupcake expert, not that I am one though, if you are going to eat cupcakes, find the best angle to bite in. Hmm? Natsuki looks quiet. She's staring at me. Ohh, is she waiting for me to eat it up? I think she would like my reaction. I finally bite down.

"This is so good! It is so sweet and full of flavor! love how the icing and the fluffiness are done! Thank you, Natsuki."

Can I have one more though? Hehehe. I guess she made this herself. I remember her making cupcakes for the club in the game.

"Witk cooking skills like this, you will make anyone fall head over heels for you."

Including me, of course. I love cupcakes so much. And what if she made homemade meals? I can't imagined that.

Natsuki: "Wha..whaat? What are.... are you saying just now? It is not like I.... I...made them for you or anything. Well, maybe."

"Ehh? I though Sayori said-"

Natsuki: "Well, maybe!" But not for, y-you know, you! Dummy..."

"Okay, okay."

As I said that as Natsuki's weird logic fails to work on me.

Natsuki: "Dummy..."

This whole day feels really strange. But in a good way.

...

Yuri started distributing tea cups in front of us. She makes it like a service. The way she put the cups like in a decorative way. I am feeling more amazed by the Literature Club.

"You can keep a tea-set in the classroom?"

Yuri: "Don't worry, the teacher gaves up permission. After all, doesn't a hot cup of tea help you enjoy a good book?"

"Sure, a nice warm drink can really help relax the mind and body."

Monika: "Ehehe, don't let yourself get intimidated. Yuri's just trying to impress you."

Yuri: "Ahhh, I didn't mean that..."

"But hey, it's working..."

Yuri looks away, she looks upset.

"Don't worry Yuri, for sure I can relate to you. I can enjoy a good cup of tea while studying, so I believed you."

I usually drink tea with my father. I don't drink coffee that much because it reminds me of my mother. Nevermind that. I take a sip.

"Hmm..., it is pretty refreshing! I never had tea like this before. I miss drinking tea this days. Thank you, Yuri."

Yuri: "I'm glad you liked it."

She smiles a little for a sense of relief. Wow, it's not like I am lying. Meanwhile, Monika stares at me. Like, she wanted to say something, but she instead smiles. I smiled back at her.

Monika: "So what made you consider joining the Literature Club?"

"Um... Interesting that you would ask me that... hehehe..."

Something tells me that I shouldn't tell Monika that I was practically dragged here by Sayori. But, I should be honest.

"Well, I was dragged here by Sayori, but the cupcakes were definitely the reason. I love cupcakes. You could say I am a sucker for them. Hehehe."

Natsuki: "Hah! I knew it!"

Monika: "I know right? Her cupcakes are the best, they are my faaaavorite!"

Natsuki: "Huh? But this is the first time I brought some here?"

Monika: "We'll make sure you feel at home here, alright? As president of the Literature Club, it's my duty to make the club fun and exciting for everyone!"

"Wow, I am suprised you know. How come you decided to start your own club? You could be a board member in any clubs. I do remember you are part of the Debate Club right?"

Monika: "Ahaha, well, you know... I just couldn't stand all of the politics around the major clubs. It feels only like arguing for budgets and starting events."

Ahh. I know what you feel.

Monika: "You see, I'd much rather take something I personally enjoy and make something special out of it, especially literature. And if I encourage people to like literature, it's like I am fulfilling my dream too."

Sayori: "Monika is a great leader!"

Yuri nods in agreement. Natsuki, well. She's eating. Nevermind the cute moment. I wish I have a cellphone right now.

"I'm suprised there aren't more people in the club. I mean it is hard to start one, especially if it is about literature. People will tend to say that it is boring or what not."

Monika: "Correct! Especially when it is something brand new and something that doesn't grab your attention."

"Hmm, I guess we should work hard and show people that literature can be fun right?"

Somehow, I am enthusiastic abot this.

Monika: "Indeed! I am confident that we can all really grow this club before we graduate! Right everyone?"

Sayori: "Yeah!"

Yuri: "Definitely."

Natsuki: "You know it!"

Wow, different girls but same goals. I guess Monika tried her best to find these three... Maybe that's why they are so excited having a new member joining.

Suddenly, Yuri asks me something...

31