Chapter 18: This Was A Mistake….
469 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

....

As me and Sayori started to walk through home, Sayori suddenly notice something.

Sayori: "Haru, I can't find my Student I.D."

"Maybe you left it somewhere?"

Sayori: "I think I just putted it here in my bag?"

"Did you put your address then?"

Sayori: "Yeah, I did."

"Then, don't worry about it. If you written your address or maybe your contact number too, someone might return it to the school or to your house."

Sayori: "Yeah, you're right. Hehehe. Mine as well think of a poem for the festival right?"

"Yeah. Also great work today! You did your best, Vice President."

Sayori starts to reddens while I brush my hand to her hair.

Sayori: "Hey Haru, about that time..."

"What time?"

Sayori: "Where I ask you about walking home with Yuri or Natsuki..."

"Oh that... well. It doesn't matter. Besides, I'll continue walking home with you like the good old days, and everytime. Alright?"

She became quiet all of a sudden. She just nods in return. Time to ask her out then. One more push and so....

"Sayori, that reminds me... earlier, you said that I can come into your house. Can I go this time? Like right now? I want to go sleepover with you... if you want though..."

Sayori: "Well, I will say yes. But my parents... maybe they wouldn't allow you."

"Oh, about that... I asked their permission earlier... sorry about that.."

Sayori: "You did?!"

Sayori starts to take her phone out. She dials a number. It answered. I heard it was Sayori's Mom.

Sayori: "Hey Mom, did Haru called you?"

.....

Sayori: "What?! Ehhh? Stay with him? Sheesh mom! Okay, okay. I will. Thank you. I love you mom."

The call ended.

"See? So, am I invited now to your humble home?"

Thank God... her parents didn't mention about that... I owe them one. I wish I could see them tomorrow.

Sayori: "Well, Haru. You are invited but, don't do anything stupid to me, alright?"

"Wow, is this how you see me now? Well, if that is the price to pay so I could see my childhood friend again, I won't mind..."

Sayori: "You meannnieeee....."

She started to punch barage me at my back. Well, it is weak though.. more like a massage barrage... yes, that place feels good.

"Well, let me just go get some things at home. I'll just needed to do something at home."

Sayori: "It's six o'clock... if you don't hurry, I'll lock you outside."

"Ehhhh? This I just got roasted by Sayori?"

......

We started laughing at our lines... this feels really good. I hope something bad won't happen tonight.

.....

As we reach her house, I quickly headed to my home.

....

I got thirty minutes... I started ironing my new uniform for tomorrow. I also took a shower now and wore my pajamas. I also prepared the corresponding books and notebooks for my subjects for tomorrow and I make sure to finish cleaning up my house before leaving....

I take my school bag with a uniform in hand.

....

I got to Sayori's house by six forty-five. Luckily, she let me in...

.....

"Ahhh, it feels good to be home... right honey?"

I sarcastically said that.

Sayori: "Haru! Haru! What's for dinner?"

She didn't respind to it because she's hungry right now. Wow, she looks cute. But her clothes today... I feel like I saw them somewhere... when the time she hang.... that won't happen. Not on my watch.

"What do you want for dinner?"

Sayori: "Something so good and delicious!"

Wow, she acts like a kid more than a wife.

"Well then, I could cook you up some curry rice then."

And with that, I started gathering ingredients from the shelves and refrigerator... thank goodness she had all of the neccessary items...

Sayori: "I'll go write poems at the table in the living room."

"You won't watch me here? I could teach you, you know?"

Sayori: "It will only make me more hungry!"

She said that with a cute voice.

After that, she leave me at the kitchen and head to the living room. As for me, I started whiping out all the ingredients...

....

Should I put tomatoes? Carrots? Or potatoes? I don't quite remember how my Father make this... I thought I already know about this...

I grabbed my phone and check some recipes. When I found some good reviews of a recipe in the internet, I started going with that....

Cooking this takes quite long... I check the time...

"7:49 PM? Almost an hour now..."

I check the taste and consistency of the curry, it taste delicious. Gordon would be please about this. I hope... Who's Gordon by the way?

"Sayori! It's time to eat now!"

I started grabbing two plates and glasses of water and set them to a table. I actually brought rice from my home earlier if I was going to cook something else here but wow, it looks good. I put spices in the curry as well so it may look like it is spicy... well I adjusted the taste for Sayori. I made her a sweet curry rice.

"Huh...? Sayori! Are you there? Sayori!"

What?! What?! What?! I can feel trembling. My heart is pounding, very fast. I started to fear... I grabbed a kitchen knife out of my instinct and head to her room.

....

I go up to her room to see no one. I headed downstairs.

....

I notice the door was opened. And someone... is lying down outside... I drop my knife...

.....

"HAAAH! SAYORI!"

She is just unconcious here. Thank God. Did she pass out? From hunger or something? Nevertheless, I carry her to the living room.

.....

As I carry her and putted her on the sofa, my faith is sealed.

???: "GET OVEER HEREEE!"

"HUH?"

Someone gets a rope to my throat and tries to strangle me.

"Gack! Hrgggghhhhh! Gckkk! Acklkk! Haah! Haaaaaaah! Hehrk! Gclllk! Arrrrrghhhhhh!

I started to break free, but the grip is so strong. I tried kicking that person.

"DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME! YOU FUCKING BITCH!

I gave the person behind me a strong nudges, budges and kicks. The grip on the rope loosens and I break free.

I quickly turn around to see..

"WHAT THE HELLL? YOU ARE.... YOU ARE THAT FUCKING DRIVER EARLIER!"

Driver: "HAHAHAHA! IT IS SO EASY TO FIND PREY THIS TIME...."

He licks a butcher's knife. He showed me too that he had Sayori's Student I.D.

"You... fucking bastard.... why are you doing this..?"

I pretend to be scared as I tried to grab the knife I dropped earlier.

Driver: "You know, meat always taste fresh after a slaughter right? Do you know how much people I ran and killed with my truck? And if they survived, I will go look for their houses and start killing them."

"You are so goddamn insane!"

I crawl slower to reach my knife. If I can just stab this guy to a weak point, I can save Sayori without getting killed here...

Driver: "Earlier, I ran into you. Then later... I came back at that road.. to see her I.D. It was a BLESSING. UNLIKE THAT STUPID FUCKING TEACHER WHO REPORTED ME INTO THR POLICE! HE THINKS HE IS SO COOL? WELL GUESS WHAT? IF I KILL YOU RIGHT NOW! I WILL KNOW WHERE HE IS! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MY BRAIN TREMBLES!"

He started to swing the butcher's knife at me. I evaded it and got stuck to the floor. It is time!

"TAKE THIS! YOU BASTARD! ARRRRRRRGGGGH!

As I shout with all my might, I slice at his legs. Then at his left arm. But to my suprise... he didn't feel a thing. Panic and fear started to eat me... I hold my knife to defend myself. I can't leave Sayori alone. I can't call for help. SHIT! This is a deadlocked. Why should I do?

He started attacking again and again and again... and I evaded again and again and again...

"Damn, are you not feeling tired!? WRAAA!"

I continue to slice him up but fails miserably. Then suddenly...

Driver: "YOUR OPEN WIDE!"

*bone cut sounds* * bloods starts to splurt everywhere*

"AHHHHHHHH! MY..... ARMMMM! GAHHHHH!"

He slices off my arm with the knife on it...

Driver: "IT'S OVER FOR YOU NOW!"

Without anything to do, I accepted the blow. I can't move anymore...

*knife cut sounds*

The butcher knife pierce through my stomach.

"AHHHHHHH! HAAH! ANGHHAAAH! HAAAHHHHHHHH! ARRRRLKLKLKKABDJDJEUDBCYSYSVUVSHSIBWIBDDUUCWIBSUVQUVSUVWVUAUVDSH"

Numb... and dying... I saw him cut me up. He hold my arms and legs... He licks the blood on it. I got amputated. This is so horrible... He started slicing me more. The pain is gone. I feel I am about to disappear.

Please, kill me already... I don't want Sayori to die like this...

.....

Ahhhh.... I wish.... We both could taste.... the curry I made....

.....

And with that, death answers my plead.

....

My conciousness starts to fade....

15