Arc II – Chapter 28: Agreement
1.4k 6 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perhaps because she still hasn't received an answer from Sian, Illianna said. "If you're wondering why I want these books, then you don't have to worry, I have my reasons."

"Even if you say that, I still want to know." Sian said.

With a smile, she answered. "You won't know until you accept my offer."

Controlling himself as much as possible so as not to slap that smiling face, Sian thought resolutely.

'When I get the chance, I'm going to end that smug smile of hers and then send her into oblivion.'

"Thinking of killing me the first chance you get?"

Having his intentions guessed, Sian tried to deny it. "I don't know what you're talking about."

'She's quite perceptive, it seems like an opportunity won't come that easy...'

With a calm expression, she said. "There's no point in denying it, it's written on your face."

"As you seem reluctant, I will add a little treat to show my good intentions." Illianna smiled slightly before continuing. "I know it is difficult for someone as lascivious as you to not be able to release lust with your daughter around-"

"I'm not that lascivious." Sian interrupted her.

"I saw you at various times looking at my cleavage."

"It's your impression."

"There is no point in lying, any woman can perceive such a lascivious look. But it doesn't matter, what I mean is that I can help you with that."

For her words, Sian's reaction was to observe her from top to bottom.

"It's no use looking at me like that, you're not worthy of my body." She said and then added. “But I can take Emily out to play whenever you need to. That way you can have some time alone with Ophilia.”

Narrowing his eyes, Sian asked. "Were you planning this from the beginning?"

Shrugging, she replied. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Taking a long breath, Sian said. "All right, we have a deal."

'Somehow, I have the feeling that I'm being dragged by the nose...’

Unaware of Sian's inner distrust, Illianna reached out to him.

Despite being apprehensive, Sian still shook her hand. "So, are you going to tell me what you're hiding now?"

“Yes, but don't forget my books.” With a brief pause, she said. "Diana was right, in this life, I never studied anything related to magic tools or anything related to architecture."

Seeing her admit that she had never studied about both things, Sian felt as if he finally had the upper hand on the discussion. Then, with a sudden sense of superiority emerging, he cast a look of contempt at her. "Oh, so you're finally admitting you lied?"

"I never said I had studied architecture or magic tools in this life, I just said I didn't need to lie about my abilities. So if you pay a little attention, you'll see that I didn't lie.”

‘Urg, this woman is so annoying.’

As frustration filled every pore of his body, Sian noticed something strange. "What do you mean by not having studied in this life?"

"Exactly what you're thinking."

Staring at her for a moment, he replied. "At the moment I'm thinking you might be crazy, and you're delirious."

"Of course it's not that!" With disgust expressed by every part of her beautiful face, she rolled her eyes and continued. "I am a reincarnated person and all the knowledge I have now come from my past life. So even though She told the truth, Diana was still wrong."

After a brief moment of silence, Sian took a long breath. "Now I feel like an idiot."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I was thinking that you would make a good excuse, but it turns out that you are really crazy."

"I'm not crazy!" Illianna retorted fiercely.

Seeing that she didn't seem to like being called crazy, an idea to tease her arose in Sian's mind.

Approaching her, he suddenly hugged her and stroked her long hair. "There, there, maybe you're a little confused, but you don't have to be scared, I don't want to kill you anymore."

Trying to break free, she put both hands on Sian's face and pushed, but not succeeding, she screamed. "What do you think you are doing?!"

Still stroking her hair, he said in a gentle voice that didn't even resemble the same voice that had previously threatened her with death. "No need to worry, I'll take you back to the duchy and tell Diana to take good care of you, but you need to be a good girl and behave well."

Giving Sian a headbutt, she screamed again. "Don't treat me like a child!"

"That must have hurt, right?" With a calm and gentle expression, he said. "Let Uncle Sian help."

When he brought his fingers close to the small bump formed on her forehead to heal her, she grabbed them and said with a serious look. "Let me go!"

Releasing it, he took a small bag of cookies out of the magic bag and said with a smile. "There, there, you don't have to be angry, get these cookies for you."

"I already told you not to treat me like a child!"

"So what do you want me to do?"  Sian continued provocatively. "I've never met a crazy person before. All I know is that they act recklessly, irrationally, and sometimes behave like children."

"If we look at those descriptions, I'm sure you're the crazy one here."

"Hey, I'm not crazy." Sian retorted. "I'm just trying to act like a decent person and help someone in need."

"And since when are you a good person?"

“Since I want to be.” He said puffing out his chest. "But of course, I'm usually just like that with children and people with mental illness."

For a moment, it looked like Illianna was going to explode in anger, but then she inspired deep and then expired. As if the anger of before was an illusion, she said calmly. "We can solve this simply, you use the contract and order me to tell the truth."

After a brief pause, Sian said dubiously. "I've done this before, if I do this again, wouldn't we go back to square one?"

"All right, before I didn't want to answer, but now I do."

"Very well, I order you to answer me only the truth." Seeing the purple mark on her forehead appear, he continued. "Here's the first question: Are you crazy?"

Giving him a side look, she replied. "I'm not crazy."

Clearing his throat, he said. "I just wanted to be sure."

He was about to ask the following question when a question arose. "If you were crazy enough to believe in your own hallucinations, could the contract distinguish the truth?"

"I suppose I should just let Ophilia hear the message I left behind."

Clearing his throat again, he said. “Okay, let's ignore that small possibility for now. Here's the second question: Are you a reincarnated person?"

“I am.”

"So you are like the Combatants who came from another world to fight in the Calamity epoch?" Sian asked.

"If you know that reincarnation is possible, why did you doubt it?"

"You can't believe anyone who goes around saying that." Sian shrugged. "But answer me, did you come from another world like the Combatants?"

"Yes, but unlike them, I reincarnated as a baby instead of coming directly with my old body." With a small sigh, Illianna put her hand on her face and looked up at the sky. "But it seems that no matter how many times I'm born, I'm still going to be born perfect and because of that, the heavens will always be jealous of me and always put obstacles in my path to try to bring me down."

Ignoring the part that Illianna only filled her own ego, Sian asked. "So you just woke up here all of a sudden?"

"No, I died and found a yellow shadow, she told me a few things and told me to choose 2 skills before I reincarnated."

"So you mean your knowledge of tools and architecture came from your past life?"

"Yes, but it's not just that. My old self, while incredible, would still not be able to complete a project as big as this in such a short time.”

"So is this related to the 2 skills you chose?"

“That's right, the skills I chose were Management and Create Objects. But to complete the blueprint perfectly, visiting the place where the inn would be built was necessary. So I can examine how the building would look in this place before it was even built. ”

"This looks incredible."

"Of course it is," She said proudly, "And thanks to me, this inn will be the best in the world in no time."

"Okay, I get it. You don't have to brag every three or four sentences."

"I can't help it, I was already amazing before and getting these skills was like giving a sword to a bandit to rob an old man."

Taking another long sigh, Sian looked up at the sky.

'She sure knows how to piss a person off.'

 

39