Arc III – Chapter 85: Training: Preparation (part 2)
364 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Postponing the leveling a bit, Sian did some more experimenting with the gifts Illianna received during her reincarnation.

In addition to the various auxiliary spells, they have discovered that she can change the appearance of her armor and staff at will. Whether returning to their original appearances or taking other simpler forms. However, this makes some functions more deficient.

"Those are good things," Milka looked admiringly at Illianna. "Maybe as much as my axe."

"Does that mean my staff is as good as the dragon halberd you got from Ayzeret?" Illianna asked Sian.

"Don't you dare compare your mediocre weapon to my precious baby!" Sian was indignant. "I didn't earn my baby from Ayze. I used years of knowledge and spent months of effort to create my baby!"

"That's right!" Milka complemented before continuing proudly. "Master's halberd is so incomparably powerful that even he can't control it."

With a smirk, Illianna teased Sian, "Can't you control your own weapon?"

"Not that I need to explain myself, but just so you know, even Ayze can't control my baby. That just shows how impressive it is."

Although Illianna still had a smug smile on her face, Sian chose not to argue. He knew that if he continued, he would only make her even more pleased.

"It's time to go, Teshar, it's up to you."

"You can leave it to me, master."

Flying off Sian's shoulder, Teshar's diminutive figure became massive in a matter of seconds. If you didn't count its enormous tail, it was around 10 meters long.

"What species is she?" Illianna looked in awe at Teshar's majestic appearance.

"A phoenix," Sian replied.

"A-A phoenix?! How?!"

Seeing Illianna awestruck, Sian felt invigorated.

"You mean, how did I make a phoenix submit to me?"

"That's right."

"Well, it's a long story. But in short, Teshar is with me willingly."

"Master makes great meals for me," Teshar added.

Although Tina was usually a tough kid, Teshar's move caused her to cower behind Sian.

"Is-is that a real phoenix?" Tina asked as she held tightly to the bar of Sian's shirt.

"Yep," Sian stated. "A real phoenix."

Perplexed by the giant Teshar before her eyes, Tina asked. "Wasn't she supposed to be made of fire?"

Taking Tina in his arms, Sian smiled, "If she was all fire, we couldn't, take a ride on her, right?"

Ignoring her astonished look, Sian jumped high and landed on Teshar's red feathered back. Following him, Milka also jumped, and soon came Illianna, who, despite not having the physical ability to jump high, could use flight spells.

Looking unsure as she looked down, Illianna said, "Erm, I just followed you guys, but I don't think that's the safest way to travel."

"Just sit back and enjoy the view," Sian said.

"My problem is exactly the view," she replied. "Besides, where am I going to hold on?"

Ignoring Illianna's concerns, Sian sat with Tina on his lap.

"Forward, Teshar!" Sian commanded. "Let's go to the ants' valley!"

Leaving only Illianna standing, Milka sat down next to Sian and crossed her arm with his and rested her head on his shoulder.

"That sounds like a romantic date, doesn't it, master?" she laughed in delight.

"No," Sian replied dryly.

As Teshar's flight began, Illianna fell to her knees on the feathers. With no choice, she sat behind Sian and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

In a matter of seconds, Teshar's speed had already exceeded by several folds the speed of his horses pulling the carriage the other day. To reassure Tina and Illianna who were uncomfortable with the wind, Sian created a barrier of air around them.

Although Sian expected a smooth ride to the valley, halfway down the road, an old acquaintance appeared.

*ROARRR*

His fierce roar made it clear he wasn't friendly.

Quickly approaching Teshar, a huge green snake that appeared to be at least thirty meters long showed itself. Unlike an ordinary snake, this giant snake had feather wings, horns on its nose, and on the tip of its tail was something that looked like a spiked mace.

"Damned worms!" The snake shouted. "How dare you come back on my territory after what you did to me?"

"It's none of your business, just get out of here," Sian just waved his hand nonchalantly.

Judging by the way the snake was gnashing its teeth and its threatening aura, Sian's response seemed to have irritated it, yet the snake suppressed its anger.

The reason for this was simple, every time they met, the situation never ended well for the snake. Even knowing this, as someone who ruled her territory, he had great pride and refused to ignore Sian and company when they pass through his territory.

"I have always respected your strength and never invaded your territory," the snake growled. "What do you want here?"

As Tina curled up in Sian's lap, Illianna looked wary and poked Sian’s back, "What did you guys do with that giant snake?"

But although she whispered almost inaudibly, the snake listened.

"Foolish creature, you dare mock me?!" the giant snake roared. "I am a dragon!"

"It's just a naga," Sian corrected. "It's a type of sub-dragon."

"He's angry because master stole some things from him." Waving to the naga, Milka continued, "Rest assured~~ we don't plan to hit you today."

"Yep," Sian agreed, "We don't have time for you. We're just passing through, so you can go now."

No longer containing his anger, the naga shouted, "Today is the day I kill you!"

Without a second's delay, the naga advanced toward them, but Sian remained calm.

"Take care of it, Teshar. Be careful not to kill him."

*Screee*

Before the naga could get any closer, a red blast coming from Teshar's beak hit it, causing it to plummet. Due to its huge body, the naga crushed several trees before making a small crater in the ground and raising a cloud of dust.

After a brief silence, Illianna said, "Do you really have to be hated everywhere you go?"

"It's not like it was my intention," Sian shrugged.

"If you didn't steal everything you see, things like this wouldn't happen," Illianna said.

"Well, that's a price I'm willing to pay."

Looking at the cloud of dust left behind, Illianna asked, "Why did you say not to kill? I thought you were not a lenient person."

"If the strong monsters here are gone, we're going to have problems," he replied. "When people realize that the strong monsters have diminished, the curious will come in droves. This forest is full of resources, I don't want to share it with anyone."

"Not only that," Milka added. "The curious will also bother the girls."

"I'm curious about something," Illianna said. "Although I haven't seen the other girls who are living there, I know there are some who are considerably strong. Considering that they arrived there after being captured and turned into slaves, that means they had no power to fight back. Does that mean that you trained them?"

"That's right," Milka inflated her large chest. "While they were learning the theory from the books master gave, Danna, Becca and I took care of their practical training."

Looking skeptical about the answer she received, Illianna said, "Still, isn't their strength a bit much considering that only a few years have passed?"

"We didn't skimp on tools to assist in their training."

As Illianna seemed about to speak again, Tina asked as she pointed to the ground, "Why are those giant bats falling to the ground?"

"Those are wyverns," Sian said.

"I read that they liked to sleep in caves and dark places," Illianna looked at the wyverns in confusion, "Why are they all sleeping in the open?"

"They are playing dead," Milka replied.

"Playing dead? I don't remember seeing such a thing in the book."

"That's master's fault. Since they've been slaughtered a few times, they play dead every time they feel master's presence."

"It's a shame that their meat is poisonous," Sian lamented.

"Why did you slaughter them?" Tina asked.

"Their eggs are delicacies, but they won't give them to me so easily, right? That's why I had to hit them and take by force."

Given that the words came so casually out of Sian's mouth, Illianna was speechless for a moment, but soon expressed herself.

"Although they are monsters, your way of thinking is... How can I put it..."

"Cruel?" Sian asked. "Well, I don't deny that. But it's the same with the chickens that people take the eggs from. To me, the wyverns are just giant chickens."

As Illianna became speechless again, they continued their journey. With no more obstacles on the way, it was not long before they reached the ants’ valley.

 

I added an illustration in chapter 30, you can see it herePixiv or on DeaviantArt.

If you want advanced chapters and variations of the illustrations, you will find them on my Patreon.

15