Arc IV – Chapter 112: Meeting of the Rulers (Part 4)
182 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Sian's words were a direct threat, and the king immediately perceived the intention behind them. He retreated in his chair, clearly intimidated by Sian's posture.

Seeing his reaction made Sian feel a sense of satisfaction in the situation. Since Ayze had educated him, he knew that most of the time, it was necessary to show strength to be respected.

The two guards ran to the front of the king, protecting him from Sian's threat. The king, regaining his courage and arrogance, questioned, "Do you dare? You are the guardian of my kingdom, you cannot harm me."

"My duty is to protect the kingdom from dangers. As the guardian, I judge that your attitude will be the ruin of the kingdom," mocked Sian. "That's why I'm going to get rid of you to ensure the safety of your subjects."

At the end of Sian’s words, the sword of the left guard began to glow, and he struck.

A razor wind came out of the bright sword towards Sian, but before it reached halfway, the razor wind dissipated. The only remnant of the attack was just a light breeze in the dining hall.

Seeing the scene, the king of Poutis was stunned.

"Your confidence comes from these two?" mocked Sian. "They seem too weak to be royal guards."

The king lost all the arrogant pose he always maintained and now had an expression full of fear, which was strange since Sian had not done anything yet.

Stammering, the king of Poutis said, "Y-you forget that I am a king and have the power of a king?"

"Oh, interesting," said Sian provocatively as he looked at him. "Why don't you show me that power?"

"Jerome, get me out of here now!" the king shouted.

"Immediately, Your Majesty!" replied the guard on the right.

Sian felt the spatial agitation coming out of Jerome as he enclosed the king and the other guard, but did nothing. Normally, he would stop them, but this time it was not necessary.

In a silence that lasted a few seconds in the hall, nothing happened.

"What are you doing, Jerome?" the other guard asked aloud as he kept his sword pointed at Sian. "You need to get His Majesty out of here."

"I'm trying, but..." Jerome's voice had an anxious tone.

"Speak up, you useless!" shouted the king.

"The space is blocked," Jerome said while still trying to escape with the king. "The blockage is so solid that even my divine skill cannot break it."

The king immediately looked at Sian with fear in his eyes.

"You demon!" he shouted. "If you dare to continue, you won't get away with it."

"But I haven't done anything yet," complained Sian.

Sian's words were true, he hadn't done anything against the king or his guards. The one who blocked the space and even dissipated the wind blade was Illianna, not Sian.

Apparently, as she grew stronger, her unique skills followed her pace. According to what she said, the hotel was added to her skill as one of the areas managed by her. This allowed her to impose some restrictions, such as preventing people from using magic within the vicinity of the hotel.

Obviously, this didn't work very well with people stronger than her. If the guard had been weaker, his wind blade wouldn't have even formed. Her skill was so convenient that she could even choose people to whom her restrictions didn't apply.

As for why Jerome couldn't get out, even though he was stronger than her, it was due to a sub-skill of one of her unique skills. She could prevent someone from entering or leaving using spatial magic in a place she was managing.

So, if someone wanted to invade or escape from the hotel using spatial magic, they had to be a powerful mage.

That being said, Sian was still secretly surprised, as another person claimed to have a divine skill, and yet he still couldn't escape from the prison of a sub-skill. It seems that the gods really went all out when they were giving Illianna her skills.

"Well, Your Majesty, do you want to know what happened to your nephew? Well, here it is, he annoyed me and I killed him, just like I'm going to do with you."

Sian walked towards the two while snapping his fingers.

While the king's face was white, Illianna also stood up.

"Wait," she said nervously, holding Sian's arm. "You can't kill him."

Unlike the last time Illianna spoke without permission, the king seemed relieved and nervous.

"She's right," the King of Hosnein said. "I think this little scare is enough for him."

"I'd rather go all the way to avoid future problems," Sian complained.

"Don't worry, leave it to your old man," the King of Hosnein laughed. "I'm sure Frederick took it as a joke. Isn't that right, Frederick?"

"T-that's right! A joke!" The King of Poutis agreed, but his gaze said the opposite.

Sian had wandered through many places and knew this kind of person. They act submissive when facing him, but at the first opportunity, they try to get revenge. But apparently, this gaze did not go unnoticed by the King of Hosnein.

"Be careful, my good friend Frederick," said the king with a majestic and deep voice that couldn't be seen before. "If you try to do something stupid, there may be no one to save you next time, and that will also make you my enemy. So, it's better if you don't try any foolishness, do you understand?"

Although it seemed like just advice on the surface, from the tone in which the king spoke, it seemed more like an order. This made Sian even more suspicious. Apparently, the King of Hosnein had a considerably persuasive guarantee to keep the King of Poutis on a tight leash.

Although he had an unfriendly look, the King of Poutis nodded. "Yes, I don't intend to do anything impulsive."

"You don't have to worry about Sian's jokes," laughed the King of Hosnein. "He used to do this kind of joke with me frequently, but you'll get used to it soon enough."

The playful tone he had was completely different from his previous attitude towards the King of Poutis.

"I bid farewell, it's time for me to return to my palace," said the king of Poutis as he got up from his chair. "I still have much to do."

"But you just arrived, why don't you stay a little longer?" asked the king of Hosnein. "Take advantage of your stay to relax."

"You're right, I do need to relax," the king said as he continued on his way to the door. "As I'm not feeling well, I'll retire first."

Covering the king's rear, Jerome turned to Sian and requested, "Please send someone to guide His Majesty to his room in your residence."

Although it is common for a noble to host another in his residence, Sian did not want the king of Poutis in his home.

"You can rent a room," Sian suggested.

"His Majesty is a distinguished guest, you cannot treat him like that," Jerome objected.

"Of course we can," Sian retorted. "We are a hotel. But don't worry, we have accommodations fit for kings."

The hotel had four types of rooms for rent, from the basic standard ones to the more expensive Executive, Deluxe, and Royal rooms. While the cheapest cost only a few copper coins, the most expensive could reach a few gold coins.

As there were three rulers of kingdoms staying at his hotel, Sian intended to make them spend as much as possible before they left.

"Edwin will be waiting for you outside," Illianna said. "He will guide you to your quarters."

Jerome seemed to want to argue, but ended up following the king without saying another word.

 

 

If you're curious about what happens next, you can read advanced chapters on my Patreon.

6