Arc 1 (Conception): (29) Bitter-Sweet
245 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated. If you can help me edit the chapters, please message me.

If you wish to know more about this story ahead of the released public chapter. 

Please join my Patreon to access up to 14 advanced chapters. I know you want to learn more about the story!

Arc 1 (Conception): (29) Bitter-Sweet

In the morning, one thing that keeps coming to my mind was that this party was organized by Zuya house and at Zuya house. Then, why did not Zuya herself attained this party? From all talks around, it was clear as daylight that the rise and fall of this noble house were tied to the social standing of Zuya in the Sharma house. So, they even explained to me to refrain me from meeting her, as a meeting of Zuya with her past lover at this time will in no way help her, but give her rivals enough reason to openly attack her standing in society. 

After this party, the sector-34 region of Gazina city will also see improvement in law and order, due to the new rise in Zuya house's power, which will deter its enemies. But things were quite bleak for me, like last night, I realized that there is no way this noble house will let me met Zuya or even let her news reach me or let Zuya know about my arrival in Gazina city. My shackle was that I am not strong enough to force even this weak Zuya noble house for information on Zuya, let alone fight for Zuya. So, I have to look for another way to contact Zuya and increase my power while bidding my time.

----

When Qunia and I reached the Shop, it was already open, and everyone was working. I could see how proud Ramu and other slaves felt after seeing smoothly running Shop, and customers were now coming to Shop to buy meat and not for free samples. And why should they not think so? After all, all this was done by them with little to none involvement of mine. I also realized that not everything needs to be done by my own hands. Instead, I need to believe in others with more experience and expertise in the problem at hand. As you can see, I had no idea how to work with animal hide, and neither has I ever have plans for it, but with Logan's addition as my slave, I could expect this new source of income soon. Now, I needed someone with a skill to make them into something useful to increase the revenue.

Similarly, Noah has swept away all my worries by sending me rare herbs from the Ancient forest for cultivation. I have often visited this very same Ancient forest but never has eyes for this trade; skill does change things. All this time, I was seeing these golds lying around in the green form and could not realize it. These events have also made me aware that skill and a relevant person can bring unexpected results if implemented right. 

I need to understand my skills better before taking any step forward and accordingly change my plans. Knowing my power is necessary for me to improve and survive in this city. Therefore, I wanted to understand and use my wizard skill. Up till now, this was one of the most confusing skills I have; element mage can use element magic along with format set rule by respected God-Goddesses. But the only thing I know about this wizard skill is that it makes it easier to control all the elements present in my surroundings for doing magic, and this is control over elements increases with an increase in my body-mind fitness, level, and skill-level. But no description or format on how to control the elements in nature for doing magic was available to me. 

So, my most significant gain of yesterday was that demonstration of fire conjuring and manipulation fire element by the Blue-sky sect's representative. What was he saying to others when doing the demonstration? Yes,

'...imagine the fire being collected on your hand and concentrate all your mana there. Mana on hand then control the fire element in surrounding and create fire...'

Since that time, I have moved to one of the backrooms in Shop and tried to replicate his action, my only clue so far. I tried from the morning to afternoon, but when I stopped apart from sweating profusely from all over my body, has no success.

----

By evening it was clear that our Shop was in the right direction, and we even received a few orders for deer meats from rich and nobles who came to yesterday's party and liked the new taste. We were marketing it as a luxury item with the current price at 3 golds 10 silvers per kg. So, the Zuya house has given us our first significant income of 120 golds for 50 kg deer meats consumed in yesterday's party, after a massive discount of 35 golds. I gave 100 golds to Sam and Tom for purchasing a few weapons for slaves to be on guards' duties. As the image of a luxury meat shop will also increase others' unwanted greed for this Shop. We also got a regular order to supply 1kg deer meat daily to the Zuya house.

Since that that our Shop will open early in the morning till let night, you may ask why a meat shop would open so early in the morning? Many people have a strong constitution in this world due to their skills, like barbarians, warriors, etc. who need high protein-food all the time and keeping the demands high for meats. These people also face one major problem of getting bored of always eating the same or similar meats in rotation. But the fear of food poisoning and other unknowns has kept them from enjoying the taste of wild deer meat. So, when our deer meat was making the fuss among ordinary citizens. These meat lovers were the people who could no longer wait and wanted to try what this wild meat fuss was about? leading to the new people anxious to try this meat before it runs out, Making them visit our Shop early in the morning, added that we have a monopoly in this market with limited supply, everyone has to come to this Shop to get a piece of these wild meats.

----

After lunch with Qunia and others, in late afternoon, I decided to return to Merata village to change the environment and relax. Maybe my stay here in Gazina city and all the troubles on a day-to-day basis has put me under stress. Perhaps I was not ready for such a drastic change in life. Therefore, I joined the returned journey with Qunia and 20 slaves who now had their turn to go to Merata village and have stayed in Gazina city until now. On this journey, I did not stop my effort to mimic that cultivator's fire magic. So, I used this new environment seating on the bullock cart and tried to relax and mimic fire magic for all the returned journey. It was like I have cut-off myself from the world and was totally invested in this quest of mine. So, Qunia and others did not disturb me and provided me with the quietness I need. 

----

Our caravan reached Merata village by evening. Nearly all the villagers came to meet me. After all, I was the first merchant from the village working in Gazina city, and many unexpected things were happening to this quiet and ordinary village due to me. These days many villagers think of getting rich by the profit I will give them at the end of the year. Though the amount they believe is riches are nothing to others in Gazina city.

Everyone was looking for a success story I would share with them, but what I have was not enjoyable. It was a simple story of my struggle to survive in Gazina city, where I was under people's suspicious eyes for being an outsider and attackes on our Shop and slaves by the Chor gang. After listening to this, they all looked dejected and downcast. Some even started to fear for their investment after this, but the situation changed when Tuner put his bits and pieces of experience and explained city life with his recollection to make it more spicy and acceptable for them.

I also found out that for these people, their life was always confined in the limits of this village. So, anything from the outside world brings them excitement, suspense, fear, etc. emotions they miss in their village life, but could never find as part of their life. These people will never try to bypass the lifestyle imposed on them by the system, and it is ingrained in them to live within limits set by this system all their life without reach out for things they want. They just play all their life in the hand of the skill-power based system like a puppet without emotions.

----

Things have also changed in my house. Now, it was full of people...or slaves. Finally, I could see my mother and father without worrying about our future and only enjoying their lives while supervising other slaves. Their kind nature is still reflected in how they treated these slaves like a part of the family with respect as humans rather than the slave. While looking at this new kind of harmony in different classes of people living under the same roof, I have a sudden epiphany on how to proceed with my wizard skill class.

5