Arc 1 (Conception): (30) Mysterious Ancient Forest
221 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
      

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated. If you can help me edit the chapters, please message me.

Always feel free to point out any mistakes. Each mistake corrected will make this work closer to what perfection this deserves.

Arc 1 (Conception): (30) Mysterious Ancient Forest

First, I ordered all the slaves to help the wounded slaves to the empty rooms for rest, While I asked one slave to go and bring Haku for their treatment. These slaves might not complain to me, but they were suffering silently from all the wounds inflicted by the Chor gang in Gazina city. As the financial situation of my shop was an open secret to the slaves up to now.

Many will say, I have given liberties very much to my slaves, but the result was also excellent. As anyone could see that my slaves not only worked hard for me and my cause. Older slaves would always share there experience for my benefits. Their support has reached the height where they would not cry for help even after suffering under the Chor gang and would keep helping me quietly.

Many might say that I do not know how to treat the slaves, but maybe to my slaves, it was a chance to make an owner to their liking by showing him how better they cooperate with me than others' slaves with their masters. Yes, not always does a slave have an owner who totally does not care about how others treat their slaves and do not take others as examples of how to treat his slaves. So, maybe these slaves have been trying every bit possible to make sure that I would never ever need others in the city for reference. 

But what they do not realize was that mistreating them was like acknowledging all the things I think are wrong. I have suffered along with my parents will be proven right if I do so, which I will never do willingly. While I was absorbed in thoughts after seeing these wounded slaves, Haku came with the slave, who went to bring him. 

"How are your business running in Gazina City, Kola?... Looks like not a smooth sail I see." (Haku)

The first thing Haku did upon entering the room was to ask to be about me in Gazina city but soon got his answer after looking at the wounded slaves lying on the beds and grounds. While Haku was taking care of the slaves, I went to meet Tuner. Before Tuner did came to my home to meet me but was not given time to talk as he has to take care of villagers from there sorrow after knowing about Gazina city from my experience.

Soon, I was at Tuner's place, where he was drinking with my father-in-law, Manoj. Both beckoned me to join them for the drink, which I did by accepting only a glass of water. 

"Thank you, Tuner, for you, Gift! If not for your help, I do not know what would have happened to my shop and me. Here is a small gift for you as a token of appreciation, and this is for you, Manoj."  

As a token of appreciation, I gifted them with two bottles of wines from Gazina city.

"Taking care of children it job of us elders! Don't mention all these small details and work hard to make us old bones proud." (Tuner)

Afterward, it was all about small pep talk, but as if they were waiting for someone, and true to my guess, Haku and Pata also joined us soon. Haku told me that as the number is large, he has taken care of all more serious ones today and will administer the rest tomorrow after recovering the Mana.

I also extended a wine bottle to him for his help, while the healing bill was on the tab on my name for the time being. As it was 5 gold for each patient, my 15 slaves will cost me like 75 golds, which I do not have.

As soon as these old bones have joined, the talk shifted on topics of how our work should progress with Hunting in Ancient forest and the meat Business in Gazina city? Afterward, Haku turned it to How did I first come across a unique tree in Ancient forest and prayed under it. Also, how I ended up getting the one-leaf cultivation method? To ensure that this sensitive issue of the cultivation method does not get out and creates problems for us, only people who have any knowledge about it are me, Qunia, both of my parents, and these three old-men. They are the only people we have with little expertise on this subject to pass any right or wrong judgment in my circle.

I realized that these people were not like Qunia, who believe in me with unconditional beliefs and would even accept anything I say, even Moon, Sun. But these peoples would try to dissect each and everything I say and then follow with long arguments on what is what even after I am not finished with my statement. Resulting in me being totally exhausted and devoid of any energy to go on. When I left the place after, I participated in their various arguments and discussions to prove this-and-that. The only final conclusion they could come up was to do things again in real at Ancient forest tomorrow. Therefore, we will try to reenact the journey to the 'Tree of Goddess.'

----

In the morning, when Operation 'Tree of Goddess' was set in motion. It was done without letting more people then needed to know about it. As we could not believe in everyone blindly as even if a single word of this event gets to the wrong ears, it will bring nothing but disaster for all in the village. So, we quietly formed two teams under Qunia and me as leaders and Pata, Rena, Tuner, Haku, Manoj, with 10-10 level-1 slaves in each unit. While the rest of the slaves were ordered to behave as usual and go on hunts with villagers. Soon, we started our journey in the morning and were expecting to reach 'Tree of Goddess' by late morning. But our teams did not even make it by evening and had to return to the village empty-handed.

----

None of us sure what was happening there for the whole day. The events of note in the forest today were like this:

First, Tuner, Manoj, and Haku could not move any more in-depth than 7-8 km in the forest. Nobody realized this restriction before as our hunting took place only up to a maximum depth of 5 km in the Ancient forest.

Second, Pata, Rena, and 10 slaves could not follow us after 12-13 km depth of the forest. But Qunia and I could move freely without any hindrance in this forest. This restriction was bizarre. It was not physical, rather mental, and we were not facing any powerful animal attack during our previous visits to the forest.

The most strange was the part where the separation of the team happened. In these areas where the split among the people was happening, people involved and around did not realize that he(his team) was left behind (have moved ahead) for hours and nor did the fact that how he(his team) has moved in the forest during this time. Not even Qunia and I were spared from this mental attack of not realizing this very fact. This spooked everyone, specially Haku, who is the priest of faith of God of Healing and Light, Currian. So, he was suspecting that this forest might have something to do with the Devil and was suspecting me to be a devil follower. I could feel that his look on Qunia and me was now showing the hint of contempt.

Feeling this awkward atmosphere, Manoj spoke before something unwanted happened here, "Haku, I request you Don't jump to conclusions, and I assure you that Kola and Qunia never have bad intension or why will they take us there. Nobody was ever harmed, or any evil ritual was detected in the village or around until now."

"Than what about the phenomenon of not being able to follow them. Maybe they are being manipulated by Devil unknowingly and may act as his agents in future. When their cultivation level is high." (Haku)

Seeing how Haku was not still satisfied. So, Tuner also tried to calm him. I kept Quite and made sure that Qunia is Quite too. Because if Haku is not ready to listen to Manoj and Tuner, his old friends on this. Then each word we utter will only make him mad and worsen this situation.

"Do you think that if Devil made them an agent, then he will let them exposed so easily, and you would be able to figure this out. If that were the case, the Devil would not let them divulge their secret so easily to you." (Tuner)

"Then what do you say about what happened in the ancient forest, Today. Everyone has this feeling that was not right." (Haku)

"That is what troubles everyone. So, we would love to get your help, but please try to not come to any conclusion or tell someone in the church. As that will doom us all." (Manoj)

Looks like our decision to keep quiet and let these old men handle it was right. Now, Haku was much calmer and looks like he has gotten over his priest's impulses to look at the world in black and white. 

I have to admit, I was also feeling strange about this phenomenon. But things for me was not to the extent where I would go crazy over it. As it has done only fair stuff for me until now. Therefore, I will keep looking at it with a critical eye rather than just accepting it blindly. But that will be up to the point that I do not have to suffer for it.

So, Tuner suggested a better approach to studying this problem at hand: "I want you, Haku, to go to Gazina city's Church to check their record about this Ancient forest. There has to be something about it in there. This forest is older than even the Boish Kingdom and is one of the Indus continent's oldest natural structures. So, someone might have discovered it before, and Such things are more likely to be studied by Church than any other association." 

Everyone liked this, and Haku agreed on this. Similarly, Tuner will look into the Adventure guild's records for any news or information on this Ancient forest. So, it was decided that no one will follow on this 'Tree of Goddess' matter, and any visit to it was now canceled. Even Qunia and I were barred from going there.

----

Qunia and I were in bed. We could not sleep after knowing what we have walked in unknowingly. While Qunia still belives in 'Tree of Goddess,' but thinks that Devil might not be happy with more people worshiping Goddess, so was doing his evil magic to prevent more people from believing in her.

But I was getting chills along my spine, as there was no goddess dream, to begin with. All was my mind creates to get Quina to join me without question. So, I feared that maybe unknowingly, I might have really done something for Devil. If not for the information is given along with One-Leaf-Cultivation methods were proven right until now, I would have imagined that this was some evil cultivation method given to us by Devil and totally agreed with Haku.

But now that was not the case. So, I will not stop my Cultivation, whether it is evil or good. As I need power, the power to get Zuya in my arms again, and tell everyone, do not dare to touch my loved ones...which no God was ready to give me...only Goddess of plants.

I also came to Merata village so soon to pray to the 'Tree of Goddess' and ask for her guidance on my Wizard skill. I have no other way to explore my wizard skill. So, Devil or Goddess, all I could now do was visit the 'Tree of Goddess' secretly without letting others know about my visit this time. So, I asked for help from the only person I could, Qunia, my lovely wife, to cover for me. And I know the best way to bribe my beautiful wife to agree with my wishes. So this night is going to be extra sweet :P.

----

 

You're a lifesaver. Literally, thanks for believing in me and reading chapter till the end.

If you wish to know more about this story ahead of the released public chapter. 

Please join my Patreon to access up to 14 advanced chapters. I know you want to learn more about the story ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

[\author]

4