Arc 2 (Birth): (38) Blood-Money
247 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 2 (Birth): (38) Blood-Money

After some days, Haku and Tuner again visited our shop with 'good news.' As soon as they settled in the guest room, Tuner happily said, "Kola, did you get attacked by the Chor gang last time? I don't know what is happening in sector-34 these days? I heard at Adventurer Guild a few people talking that the Chor gang is no longer active, and to top it all, some even claimed that its members were killed a few days back, about the time you were wounded. Tell me, did you killed someone at the time they attacked you or something?"

Qunia and I looked in surprise at each other, and I said, "Thanks to God that this filth of sector-34 is no longer in the world to harsh us and hell no, what do you think my skills are Tuner? I am a Merchant, a simple, honest Merchant."

Qunia and I were just breaths away from spilling the beans, as Haku was always looking at us.

"You need not worry. We know that you are the last person to fight anyone with your skills, but the same is not true for our mighty Qunia. But, then again, fighting a whole gang, no, maybe she will not do that."

"..."

"If you guys are not the one who killed them, then that only implies that now the wolf is replaced by a tiger in sector-34. Maybe the absence of the Chor gang is not a thing to celebrate."

Now everyone was in their own thought. So Qunia shifted the topic that everyone could move on to, "Did you guys find anything about the Ancients forest's magic?"

This had Haku made speak, "I would have to ask for forgiveness for suspecting that you guys are agents of the Devil when the great magic around the Ancient Forest is a miracle performed by God of Space-time to please the Goddess of plants by promising the whole forest as a gift. The power of his promise allowed only the people she wishes to enter, and as much as she will enable in the forest. You both are lucky that the Goddess of Plants care for both of you and allow people you work within it."

"But, I cautioned Haku not to tell this to others and would suggest you keep it that way. As this is the favor, the Goddess has shown herself to you. Who are we to interfere in Goddess's plans." ( Tuner)

Initially, Haku wanted to even disclose this to the Bishop of Gazina city but decided against it. If God wished this miracle to be known, he would have given visions to others or even instructed it to Kola or Qunia or others. So, he deemed it against God's will to spread this information. Further, Haku and Tuner do not have very positive past experiences with their organizations on strange or against the norm things or events. After informing us, Haku and Tuner left for Merata village with our regular cavern.

----

While Haku and Tuner left Gazina city with a calm mind achieving what they were looking for, but in this city, many influential nobles were facing a new problem in the form of 'Blood-Money.' It was the only thing they know about their new headache. 

None would have cared much about it if they were simple murderers or criminals, but why was this 'Blood-Money' targeting the underlings they worked so hard to raise to do their dark biddings? Their problem was not ending here as they were not even sure how large this Blood-money was, or was it even a single organization or many pretending to be one?

----

But things were dark from the first day they came to know about it. Even at that time, few nobles claimed that some other nobles were now killing their rivals and using this false name to blame all their underdealings. Soon, even fighting among nobles started killing their underlings and was treated as a good show by the nobles at the sideline. But not for long as time passed, things got complicated, and none could escape the flame of 'Blood Money' war.

As more and more victims of Blood-Money were known, many realized that it was not someone from around them but some third party, as in the end, none of their underlings survived. But by now it was late, too late to do anything and since that time all the intelligent people wanted to know, who was this new power strong enough to do this and wanted to harm them.

But by now, nobody from outside wanted to trade in this dirty water. So, other guilds and associations, sects, and even church kept their hands off this affair, but all were preparing to deal with this unknown new power, that has taken root in Gazina city for an unspecified period is bearing its fang at them.

Still, some keep telling that others were just killing some small fry under them and concluded that this Blood-money might be a small fry new force, not knowing the sky's height. So, finally, all the victim organizations and nobles collectively made a new force, called Blood-hunters. They were well supported and equipped. After all, no one was sure what this Blood-money was? 

----

Let's start again, 

Things started the next night, after the night of the attack on the Chor gang. When Kola woke up after all day rest, and Haku and Tuner have left. After waking up, the first thing Kola did was to show Qunia his new Healing skill and claimed it's Goddess's blessing given to him for killing criminals she deemed necessary to be killed. The healing skill was the real cause for all the bloody seen of before was due to the increased burden of heal skill.

 

That day Qunia was super excited after knowing that Kola has told this truth only to her and not others. Then, Qunia called Jones and others to check the booty from last night. They had 2,343 golds, 12,372 silvers, and 10,234 coppers coins by the end of the tally, totaling 2,468 golds, 76 silvers, and 68 coppers. This large income shocked everyone, with extra 53 knives, 25 swords, 8 axes, 39 leather armors, and weapons with various damages. Few of the weapons were of better quality than we had, like Gabber's axe and Jack's Gaint Sword. Axe and Gaint sword was soon taken by Qunia. Watching this, slaves also switched their weapons for better ones, and this upgraded our defense and attack power.

----

The next day, at the Zuya Noble estate,

"Ohh! how come you are here so early in the morning? Is everything okay at the shop?" (Zuya's elder brother)

"We had earned some money in the past and wanted to return the money we took from the Zuya house last time. This is the 3,000 golds. We hope to return the rest after some time, as soon as we have."

"Looks like Meat shop is more profitable than anyone thought. But you got one thing wrong, as money was never from Zuya house but was from Nikki Zuya Sharma, my sister, as a gift for your new life in the city. So, I can not take it." (Zuya's elder brother)

"..."

"Why not do this? You can buy a good house or mansion from me in sector-34. That way, you can give me the money without any problem. I can also get to liquidate my property."(Zuya's elder brother)

"..."

"No need to worry about the quality or location, as my servant will soon bring the map of all my houses around the sector."(Zuya's elder brother)

"..."

"See how many good places are still waiting for their owners. Look, this one is a prime location near your shop and east gate. Easy to go to Merata village and to your shop. I will say that this house is made for you, Kola. Not only this mansion will raise your status as the past home of a Noble house with all the things a big man needs to have to be respected. If not for our same-origin village and past friendship. I would have never even said about this house to you."(Zuya's elder brother)

"..."

"Anyway, you were the one who wanted to give me 3,000 golds. rest is your choice."(Zuya's elder brother)

"Thank you for this favor and giving us what we need the most, a place to call home in this city. To think this beautiful mansion, which we saw in the past, would be ours one day. Thank you for the offer."

Since then, we have a proper place to live and take root in Gazina city. As we need a more presentable status to survive in this city's high-class market.

But who would have thought that this old mansion would be the place where the horror of Blood Money took roots, which chilled the bones of criminals and nobles alike? That night, the slaves who worked with us in the Chor gang's killing became permanent residents, and their job was to collect information on our next target at night. After all, who could let the freest money mountain in this city from hand go untouched?

Announcement

Thanks for reading the chapter. If you like the story and want to help out - ratings or favorites are just one click and help with the story's growth.

If you wish to know more about the story's ARC_2 ahead of the released public chapter. 

Please join my Patreon to access up to 14 advanced chapters. I know you want to learn more about the story ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

[\news]

3