Beginnings
173 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The discussion board was an interesting place that held a lot of good information but also a lot of trolls and bad info. After sorting through the board for around 2 hours I was able to learn a few new key things. It seems as though I am not the only one who obtained a bonus from the beginning which isn't too surprising.

The surprising thing is that I could not find what anybody obtained through their bonuses, it was if everyone came to an unspoken agreement to keep it to themselves. Some people mentioned obtaining a bonus but never elaborated on it.

I was also able to learn a bit more about what the stats in-game represent. It seems as though 10 is the max for a new character and is considered above average, with 8 being average and 6 being below average. People were already congregating into their own groups and guilds. There were a few guilds that really stood out to me.

The GodSpeed Demigods- A small group of top-tier players that play for fun and PvP
Led By - Rage

Flawless Raiders- A group of players with uncanny boss raiding skills
Led By - Specter

Renegades- A group of players that bullies lower level guilds and players and holds a few key players.
Led By - Dark Warrior

Made Of Money- A group filled with young scions that have enough money to purchase the world.
Led By- Technomancer

Red Like Roses- A guild filled with mostly female players with top tier skill.
Led By - Rosey Skye

These five guilds have always been famous in past games, and are already in the process of gathering players in this game. I would join a guild but I don't want my freedom to get tied down, worse comes to worst... I guess I'll just make my own. Just kidding. Who would want to join a nobodies guild?

A beep awakens me from my thoughts and I notice that there are only ten seconds before the game launches. A feeling of anticipation grows inside of me while I stare at the countdown.
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
Time seems to slow down as the numbers keep flashing before my eyes.

3

2

1

Welcome To Destiny!

A bright flash blinds my eyes and a feeling of weightlessness enters my body. After a second that feeling passes and I am able to open my eyes. Looking around at my surrounding I see a lot of players similar to myself still trying to recover from the flash. Moving my eyes past these players a notification finds itself in front of me.

Welcome to Beginner Village 105! You may leave the village at level 10.

After the notification passes, I look at myself and see that my belongings only consisted of a brown rough tunic and pants, a single silver coin, and a chipped trash tier sword that dealt 1-2 physical damage.

Enabling Bonuses for player Shadow

Quest Unlocked - Beginnings
Quest Rank S
Quest Details- Every hero has a beginning, Make Yours.
Defeat a Boss Monster 5 levels above you in a party by yourself.

Awarding A tier Skill
Heroic Strike - Use all remaining mana and hp for a single strike that deals amount of mana and hp used x 3. Leaves the user at 1 hp and halves stats for 1 minute. Cooldown - 1 Hour

Of course. Just my luck. One of my so-called bonuses is an S tier quest that requires me to solo a higher level boss monster than myself. Even the skill that I received had the major drawback of taking my mana and hp and leaving me practically defenseless.

Deciding that it would be best for me to not worry too much I finally take a good look at the village around me. At first, it seems like a small village, but it is able to hold what looks to be around 10,000 players. It's on a different scale from anything that I have seen. Outside the village, there was a long grassland, a forest that gave off a gloomy aura and an area filled with hills.

Taking a closer look inside the village the players seemed to have come to their senses as most of them rushed out to the grassland, or to talk to the old man in the middle of the village. After a few seconds of chaos, a few guards came out and forced the players into a single line, with anyone who refused to comply getting killed on the spot. Taking a look at the guards I noticed their level and name above their head.

Level 12 - Village Guard
?????????????????????

No wonder it seemed as though it took them no effort to kill any rowdy players... they were over 10 levels higher than the players. Taking a look at the line that seemed endless I decide to talk to the old man who seemed to be the village chief later. The first place that I stopped by before heading out into the wild was the blacksmiths. The blacksmith didn't seem to be in at the moment but his assistant gave me a look at his wares. After taking a quick look I purchase a single Ordinary dagger which rids me of my only silver coin.

Ordinary Dagger
Physical Damage 3-4
No additional attributes
Palming the dagger in my hands for an instant my aura changed before receding inward and becoming even less noticeable than before. Thanking the assistant for his help I head toward the forest instead of the grassland which was teeming with players fighting over the monsters. My actions caught a few people attention before they ended up shaking their heads at what seemed to be a reckless fool in their eyes.

Not long after I enter the forest I come face to face with my first enemy.

Level 3 Wolf Cub
Title- None
HP 100/100
Mana 0/0
A small black wolf growls at me as I enter its range. As I stare into its red eyes the beast decides to make the first move and rushes toward me from the front. A smirk escapes from my lips as I attempt to sidestep out of the way, only to find that my body was moving slower than intended.
-10

Blocking with my dagger, I frown, as I get pushed back by the cub's charge.

Using my dagger, I extend my arm to distance myself as the wolf cub failed to claw me.

Before the cub can react, I stab it in the mouth and then in the eye.

-50

I try to inspect the cub again to check its remaining health, but in my moment of inattention, the cub lunges at me which I barely dodge.

‘Damn it, that was careless of me.’

I stab my sword into the wolf’s remaining eye, and it began to curl up in a ball as it whimpered in pain.

-55

I sigh at the realistic feature and looked at his experience bar.

‘An increase of 30% experience with 20 health remaining. My stats are definitely holding me back.’

I take a look at the loot and can't restrain myself from sighing again.

‘A copper coin. Just my luck.’

3