192
1.8k 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

191 <<
Chapter 192: Perpetual Twilight (2)

“Strawberry. Hmmm. No..Apple.” Shula said as she stood with her hand pressed against her chin. She seemed to be lost in thought.

*You’re so stupid.* Agni thought inwardly, rolling her eyes as she endured Shula’s current harassment.

“Shula get from behind me!” She finally shouted, tired of the Imp’s blatant groping of Agni’s ass cheeks.

“Definitely grape.” Shula said with a smirk, as Agni forced the Imp to walk in front of her. After a short walk from their room, during which time Shula had plenty of time to slap, smack and massage Agni’s cheeks, the trio met up with the rest of their congregation members.

“You all look fabulous!” Gigi nearly shouted from across the central lobby. She ran towards them, arms outstretched, which in turn caused Shula to grimace as she was hugged first. Each of the women were hugged in turn, with Gigi taking a few extra moments to compliment Agni on her outfit.

“Very sexy. I like it, you should dress like this more often.”

“T-thanks.” Agni said, struggling to contain the blush rising up to grace her cheeks.

“You look great yourself.” Agni added, taking note of Gigi’s outfit, which resembled that of a witch more than her usual adventurer’s garb.

“Thanks.” She said as she took a step back. The remainder of the group finally caught up as well. Ariadna, Gates and Merri -- all dressed in their own unique style for the occasion.

“Well. It’s time to go, otherwise we’ll be late. Shall we?” Gates asked as he motioned for the others to follow. Soon the group of seven were on their way. Upon stepping outside of the chapel and onto the street, Agni realized just how busy the city of Grenvale was currently.

She could recall the first day she set foot in the city, she remembered it well for many reasons. The main one being her and Katrin’s lack of clothing..

“Hey.” She said as the group of friends walked towards the nearest gate.

“Yea?” Gigi responded.

“You said this festival is to welcome new arrivals to Adventia right? They come every three months so, why didn’t we get a festival?” It was a question Agni wondered about ever since hearing about the Equinox Festival.

“Ahhh. Hmm. That’s a good question. Honestly...I have no clue!” Gigi said, after giving Agni’s question only a few seconds of thought.

“It’s sort of a coincidence. The Twilight Festival isn’t really based on the arrival of new adventurers. It’s a week-long event.” Gates chimed in, after hearing their discussion.

“It’s called the Twilight Festival by some, because of the week-long event that starts later today.”

“I guess that makes sense. But it does seem a bit unfair.” Agni replied.

“Haha. I guess. Especially hearing how you and Katrin showed up. But being robbed isn’t all that uncommon. You’d be surprised how many people show up with only the clothes on their back.” Gates offered, in order to console Agni.

“How long have you been in Mystic Tower Gigi? You didn’t know that?” Gates then asked.

“Well, I don’t really pay attention to that kind of stuff. So excuse me.” She replied, cutting her eyes at the young man.

“Besides, I haven’t been in the chapel that much longer than you. Maybe one year your senior?” Gigi said, after thinking about it for a bit.

“So about three years then?” Gates surmised, based on his own time with the chapel.

“Yea. I guess that’s about right.” The ginger responded.

“Gates likes the older ladies.” Shula said as she chimed in.

Gates didn’t exactly deny Shula’s comment, which in turn caused Gigi to latch onto his arm like usual.

“Ugh. Sickening.” Shula remarked as she watched Gigi practically dragging Gates along. Katrin simply chuckled.

“So I’m sure you know the history behind the Equinox Festival, care to share?” Agni asked the Scribe.

“I thought you’d never ask.” Katrin confided as she looped her arm around Agni’s and pulled her closer, her eyes practically overflowing with eagerness. According to Katrin, the Equinox Festival was a celebration that had a melancholy origin.

“Do you know the origin of Adventia?” Katrin began by asking this question.

“No. Not really. I’ve never really thought about it, to be honest.”

“Figures.” Shula commented, winning a forehead thump from her bondmate.

“According to the lore, Adventia was created by the Trinity. Three people who were known as the first adventurers. They came into being, and in turn created a new world, each responsible for a different aspect of creation.”

“That sounds a lot like...bullshit.” Shula said. To this, Agni agreed. She’d died once before, afterall. She couldn’t remember a thing such as heaven or hell, so the experience sort of changed her perspective on religion and the afterlife.

“Regardless. The three were responsible for creating everything in this realm, even giving it the same name. They lived in harmony and created everything there is to see and do within this realm. Under the power of the three, the realm grew prosperous. But eventually tragedy struck and the Gods fought amongst themselves.”

“Of course they did.” Shula interjected. Katrin shot the Imp a look, one that strongly suggested she stop interrupting. Shula shrugged her shoulders then folded her arms, after all she knew when she was beaten.

“As I was saying, tragedy struck. A war erupted between the Gods and when it was all said and done -- only the one remained. In lamentation of all that was lost, He created the Equinox of Adventia. A time where the sun neither rises nor falls. For seven days and nights this phenomena is done, in remembrance of the fallen Gods and the harmony that used to exist between them.” Katrin further elaborated.

“From that point on -- for all time-- the Equinox became a symbol and celebration of what was, and what became of the progenitors of this world.” Agni could tell that Katrin was reciting the last couple of sentences verbatim. It was both endearing and a bit geeky. At times Agni wondered how Katrin could get so excited about obtaining knowledge from books and old scrolls. The thought of reading made her tits itch from boredom -- a bit of Agni’s past life bleeding through into the new.

“Even now, after thousands of years the Equinox Festival remains one of the four world-wide holidays of Adventia.” Katrin said, finishing up her explanation.

“So there’s only four holidays? Like..ever?” Agni asked, her curiosity genuinely piqued.

“Well, no. Each region has their own local customs and holidays as long as they don’t interfere with the overall reach of the Angellus.” Katrin responded.

“Angellus. Ugh.” Agni groaned as she thought about her last few encounters with the winged emissaries from the supposed heavens. Both experiences were very different. One seemed to hate her on principle, the other seemed more sympathetic. Both times she’d been subjected to a taste of holy element, and both times she’d been brought to her knees in some sense or another. Just the thought of it made her tail twitch with annoyance.

18