Chapter 6: An Escort
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julie is changing in her room. Her dark skin on display for a moment, showing a body riddled with scars. She gets dressed in her favorite shirt, an orange one that shows a little bit of her stomach with white lettering that writes "PERFECT" across the chest. She also puts on blue jeans and flip flops then walks out of her room. She walks back into the kitchen and starts filling the coffee pot up, then poured it into the maker with the beans going to their own compartment. She turns the pot on then waits next to it for her, now second, cup of coffee. The Night Witch leader looks around the room and notices a commission on the table. She walks over to check it out. It's an escort request.

"An escort commission?" She asked herself, she lifts her the sleeve of her shirt up, as it had fallen off her shoulder revealing a sky blue bra strap.

She looks at it and sees Jacklynn signed it. She looks at Jacklynn, who was outside helping Jack train, then looks back at the paper. She doesn't check the debriefing on it, instead adjusting her glasses.

"'Ah guess she is old enough, at least where she's from." Julie said to herself, she picks the paper up and brings it with her to make her coffee.

Jack enters the kitchen from the training grounds.

"Hey, Mama. How's your morning?" Jack said.

"Its good, ya know anythin' 'bout this?" The Malenterian asked.

Julie takes the commission and holds it up, sipping her coffee. Jack walks over to his boss and looks at it after she gave it to him. His face slowly changes to a confused and angry one.

"No. This cant be Jacklynn's. She's not a slut." The Yanjung said. "I'll get her to explain this."

Jack goes to walk back out to the training grounds but Julie grabs his arm and pulls him back.

"Ya ain't doin' anythin'. ‘Ah'll ask her 'bout this, understand." She said, sipping her coffee after words, holing onto the ninja.

"Why? I'm her brother!" Jack snapped back.

"‘Ah’m the goddamn boss. If anyone questions anyone 'bout shit, it’s gonna be me. Now Sit." She forced Jack into a chair.

Jack sits in silence for a bit, looking away. Julie looks at Jack irritably.

"‘Ah will ask her about this, understand?"

"Yes." Jack said, looking at the floor.

Julie thinks to herself for a moment, looking for an explanation for Jack to hold on to. She knows Jack just wanted to keep her safe and protect her. She comes to the same conclusion that she did when her sister decided to become a porn star.

"Every woman has needs." She said.

Jack gives Julie a dirty look. She looks back and allows it to be dismissed.

"What are you trying to say?" Jack asked.

"‘Ah'm sayin' that Ya sister is a young woman. She's 17 right? In ya tribe she's her own woman now. She has her needs and she's a grown woman she's allowed to do what she wants." Julie stated sternly.

"I don't want her doing that"

"It don't matter whatya want, it ain't ya place ta dictate what the hell she does!" Julie asserted. 

Jack is silent for a moment. Jacklynn walks in after training. Julie picks up the mission papers off the counter and sips her coffee as she waives it around. Jack stands and points at the paper.

"Sis what the hell is that!?" Jack exploded, pointing at the paper.

Julie slams the paper on the counter, startling him and Jacklynn.

"Sit the fuck down!" Julie yelled with power in her voice.

Jack does so quickly. The Witch Boss sighs and sets her cup down, Jacklynn looks at them confused.

"Before ‘Ah start askin' ya questions, it seems 'Ah have ta discipline ya brother" She softly points to the main room.

Jacklynn is silent for a moment confused about the situation unfolding. She walks into the main room and sits on the black couch. Jacklynn listens to the conversation between her brother and Julie. She only caches bits of the conversation. She hears words from Julie's voice like "unacceptable" and "uncalled for". Jacks voice talks back and she she catches the word "Whore" everything after was ignored by her stringing together the conversation in her mind. "Why would he call me a whore?" Jacklynn thinks. "My brother wouldn't do that." She looks down feeling betrayed and angry, yet sad at the same time. After a while Julie walks out and sits next to Jacklynn. She adjusts her glasses. Her sleeve fell down, exposing her sky blue bra and shoulder again.

 "Ya 17 now right?"

Jacklynn nods.

"Where ya from, ya a grown woman. Ya can drink, fuck, whatever. You can have so many new experiences. And if ya wanna take an escort mission like this, more power too ya."

Jacklynn smiles, having the encouragement of her boss. Jack comes out and sighs, he doesn't look too happy but remains silent. Julie hands her the contract and she looks at it. Slowly, Jacklynn realizes what Julie was getting at. She laughs, Julie and Jack are confused.

"Wait. You guys think that's an Escort contract? As in I have sex with a client?" She asked chuckling.

Julie pauses lifting her sleeve.

"Thats not what it is?"

"No Mama. I have to help a payload to its destination," the Yanjung woman continues, laughing as she speaks.

"Oh, either way 'Ah wouldn't care if it was or wasn't. Ya ya own woman, ya can make ya own decisions."

Jacklynn smiles widely from the encouragement Julie is giving her.

"So what's it for?" Jack asked curiously.

She gives Julie the Commission paper and she looks at it, reading the briefing.

"Well, it's for one of Dolland's Payloads," Jacklynn explains

Julie peaks over the top of the paper at Jacklynn. 

"But I have some insider information that makes this really interesting."

The male sibling takes a seat near Julie, who adjusts her glasses and listens to Jacklynn.

"The payload is some experiment that's been going on inside GeoTax apparently."

"And just how did ya get this information?" Julie asked

Jacklynn smiles wide.

"Funny story,"

***

Its a mostly cloudy, warm day in Dravencore. Jacklynn is in her guild attire, though with her face mask down, showing her nose and jaw. She had just finished her patrol and walks to the mission board in the center of the town. She notices the escort mission, grabs it and walks away. Just then, a man approached her. The man was wearing chest armor that was colored silver with a cloth draped over the front and back where the royal insignia, a Pegasus, in the center. The pants where deep blue and he wore white gloves and white boots. The Arrintarian royal guard uniform, a uniform of high degree. It's the sign of high respect and deserves it so.

"You think you can handle that mission, or is it for someone else?" The Royal Guard asked.

Jacklynn looks up at him. "A royal guard, perfect. Luckily they shouldn't recognize me," She thought

"I wouldn't have taken it otherwise." She said, smiling to spite the Guard.

The guard looks Jacklynn up and down. 

"I was hoping for someone more..."

"Masculine?"

The guard goes silent at Jacklynn's assumption. "I thought Arrintarian Royal Guard aren't supposed to be sexist," Jacklynn thought.

"Look, either fill me in or wait longer for another adventurer."

"Fine, fine." The guard sighs.

Jacklynn starts walking off, the guard follows to explain.

"My name is Qwin. I'll be your partner, If you really think you can handle this. The mission is to help me and a few others move a payload to the castle. It won't be far but the queen will be there. It's about a month from now and we need a few helpers as most of the royal guard is with the king in the castle, plus the queen believes this to be a good trust exercise with the local adventurers She also wants to see them in action. The only problem is those damned Night Witches. We don't know any of them by name." Qwin explained.

"You don't know any guild members by name." Jacklyn corrected.

The royal guard grumbles irritably. The Night Witch Assassin smiles. Jacklynn mainly takes assassination contracts, so as she may be a Night Witch, no one knows her outfit or face. She was also not wearing her mask, so she seemed like a normal, everyday Yanjung

"They seem to mainly take missions from around here, I was put here to make sure none of those bitches get their hands on this commission." He explained.

"And putting random lives in danger will be the best way to benefit the Arrintar military. Not like any unfortunate deaths that happen will have the public at the castle doors." Jacklynn said.

"I think its stupid that the queen wants to through this, but the king said it was ok and to go ahead with this trust exorcise. Of course the queen would come up with something this stupid and foolish." Qwin explained.

Qwin still follows Jacklynn and realizes too late that she's led him into an alley. Jacklynn swiftly kicks him in the stomach and follows up by pressing him against the wall, kunai to his throat.

"You judge women too much, including your own queen," Jacklynn said annoyedly.

Qwin smiles.

"Alright you're good enough for this,"

Jacklynn presses the kunai against his throat, applying more pressure.

"How about this, tell me everything you know. and Maybe you'll live."

Qwin looks shocked.

"You arn't getting shit out of me." He exclaimed.

"I will heat this Kunai up and cut you slowly, burning you as I do so if you don't talk."

Qwin is silent.

"I don't hear anything."

"Alright! The payload is a serum from GeoTax that is being experimented on the soldiers to make them stronger." He said desperately.

"How long has this been going on for?"

"Since the Milaac War"

She thought to herself, realizing this has been going on for some time. According to what she was taught that was happened over 72 years ago. A war with Arrintar against the country, Zanarath.

"Anything else?" She asked still holding the kunai to his throat.

Qwin strains.

"The volunteers, they're mainly heroes."

"I want names," The ninja demanded..

"A2, Sorin, Houndr, and Jandu"

Jacklynn chuckles in disbelief.

"So, you judge my skills being a woman but you already have 2 women on the team. Jandu and A2."

"I was skeptical," Qwin replied

Jacklynn having gotten tired of listening to Qwin, she moves to the side and quickly slits his throat so as to not get any blood on her. Qwin holds his neck, then falls to the ground. Jacklynn spits on him.

"That's for my home with those Kisu’luang fuckers."

***

"So my sister, Jasmine is going ta be there?" Julie asked .

Jack and Jacklynn are shocked and look at Julie.

"Jandu is your sister!?" Jack questioned.

"And there's some injection GeoTax is working on to buff up the soldiers of Dolland's army."  The Night Witch boss said to herself

"Mama. Back up! Your sister is the hero Jandu!?" Jacklynn then shouts.

"Ya think they been doin' it more often since our attack on the castle 2 months ago?"

"He's already committing a war crime. In that case, I'm sure of it." A voice says.

Julie and Jacklynn look at the voice. it's a woman with light sepia colored skin, black hair hair in two long bangs on the side of her face, red eyes, and an orange triangle pointing toward her eye. She is wearing a green outfit that connects to two clay breast plates, both silver and having scratches. Her pants have the same green but she has armor on her lower leg. She also has some armor on her right shoulder and wrist. On her back is a giant sword. This woman is Emarru, Julie's guardian, according to her. Emarru is a Swinovo Ninja tribe.

"Dolland is a cautious man. Careful yet calculated. Always trying to be one step ahead of things. There's no doubt he is willing to try and beef up his soldiers." Emarru asked.

"I'm planning to actually help bring a payload to the castle to try and infiltrate." Jacklynn explained.

Emarru looks at Jacklynn, then at Julie, then back at Jacklynn.

"No." The Swinovo woman said. "I think that's foolish. The soldiers the king has are terrifying. Their skill, their valor. It's unrivaled. Plus your going to infiltrate the castle and give them supplies to become stronger at the same time?"

Julie goes silent, thinking.

"Its the only way at the time that I think we can get a feeling for the castle without risking our lives again," Jacklynn defended.

"And risking your life is the way to do it?"

"Someone has to try. The attack two months back put us on the spot with the entire kingdom. There's no way we could just sneak back in there and get to the castle like then without being hunted on sight! They don't know what I look like so this is the perfect plan."

Julie remains silent, still thinking. Jacklynn is irritated by the Guardian's stance to dictate who goes. Emarru looks at Julie.

"Boss, I'll go in her stead. Ill take out everyone there, stop the payload, and infiltrate."

"No. ‘Ah think she has the stealth skills ta pull this off." Julie said.

Jack attempts to get involved but Jacklynn steps in.

"I'm going to try to get a good layout of the land so we don't fail again."Jacklynn explains.

"Sis," Jack spoke up, everyone turns to him. "Go. You got this." Jack said.

"I appreciate that Jack, but it's Mama's choice over all," She sighs.

"Well yeah, I was just in the kitchen. I'm not deaf. I believe you're skilled enough to pull this off."

Julie looks at Jacklynn, adjusting her glasses.

"Oh no, 'Ah'm fully on board with ya goin. Let's talk in the guild room."

Julie, Jacklynn, and Emarru walk toward the guild room. The female Ninja smiles widely having Julie's support. Emarru on the other hand, isn't so happy.

"I still don't approve of this." Emarru said.

"Ya approval ain't needed" Julie shot back. Jack heads back into the kitchen, as Sav'akk does as well.

0