Chapter 7: Stress
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sav'akk enters the kitchen and heads to the fridge. Jack follows and sits in a chair. The Raperic woman noticed Jack's presence before she had opined the fridge door.

"Why are you following me?" Sav'akk asked, sounding  slightly annoyed. There's nothing new about that.

Jack sits at the table. He often wondered why Sav'akk was annoyed so much.

"I want to know something." He said watching Sav'akk.

Sav'akk finds a container with Emarru's name on it. She turns toward him, holding the container.

"you shouldn't-"

Before he could finish, Sav'akk ate the contents within the container.

"What are you going to do about it?" She asked.

Jack looks back, nervous. He tries hiding his fear as best he can but Sav'akk sees it. 

"What could you do? You're afraid of everything, coward. You can barely do a simple commission with out panicking. Not to mention you still only take ones that anyone off the street can do."

Her words cut deep, yet Jack knew they where true. That hurt worse. How was he to be a great Yanjung Ninja like his sister and still to beginner level commissions. He remained silent, well aware that he was unable to beat or contend with Sav'akk.

"That's what I thought," Sav'akk said.

"Why did you force me to bring you here?" Jack asked.

Sav'akk looks at Jack aggravated, as if someone was talking badly about someone she cared about, if that is something she was capable of.

"Mind your damn business."

"I'm... just curious" Jack said, hesitantly.

Jack sinks into the seat as Sav'akk walks behind him. She stops and looks at him. He can't see her but he can feel her gaze of sorts, burning a hole in the back of his head. A gaze of what he thought to be anger. He almost expected her to snap his neck or hit him.

"All you need to know is something happened to my family." The Rapteric said plainly.

Sav'akk walks out of the kitchen and Jack slumps down more. He's relieved that he wasn't hit at all.

Jason walks in and talks in his Huskey .

"Hey, wanna spar?" Jason asked sternly.

"Oh... why do you always have to spar with me? Why not anyone else?"

"Boss is usually too busy with her girl or other things, Sav'akk's a bitch and never answers me, Drav'dornuss is too busy with his head up Julie's ass, Celeste not interested, same as Ierra." Jason said.

"Jacklynn, my sister?" Jack asked.

Jason pauses for a bit.

"Look, you wanna get stronger or not?" He asked Jack irritated.

Jack thinks for a moment. He's scared of what might happen to him, sparing with a murderer, let alone if he sparks with others. He shakes his head. Jason sighs and heads out. 

***

In the Meeting room, Jacklyn, Julie, and Emarru speak about the escort mission, and the possibilities of what may unfold.

"Hopefully there ain't any royal guards there." Julie said.

"Qwin said there would be. Plus it's common sense to have the royal guard there. The queen will be joining us in her coach."

"Jacklynn, ya do know Arrintar ain't like many other kingdoms right? The king is more important here." The Malenterian remarked, sipping her coffee.

"I know. All I'm saying is that I could easily sneak into the castle afterward. We’re getting our reward there, and being treated to food. It shouldn't be hard."

"Yeah, but how is that goin' ta help us. Yeah we'll know what the inside of the castle looks like but we ain't gonna remember that. We don't have a thing to keep that information."

Emarru is silent and watches. Jacklynn sits with her arms crossed. Julie adjusts her glasses and sits back relaxed.

"Jackie, it ain't taken only a few days ta remember the where everythin' is."

Jacklynn uncrosses her arms and sits up.

"If I need to I'll take notes and do hundreds of commissions dealing with the castle. We need to get everything right. If we don't our next attack is nothing and we fail." She explains.

"I already know where to go." Emarru spoke up.

Jacklynn looks at the Swinovo Ninja and so does Julie as she adjusts her glasses. The atmosphere slowly get heavier.

"What?"

"And how do ya?" Julie asked. Her tone sounded annoyed.

"I was a soldier before," Emarru explained casually. Looking at Julie.

"And why didn't ya say this before?"

Emarru leans back in her seat, arms crossed.

"I didn't want you knowing."

Julie takes her glasses off and wipes her head in disbelief. "Oh shit," Jacklynn thought.

"So, ya mean ta tell me that ya didn't tell me information that would have saved us all this time. That would have helped us in the first attack a few months ago, and ya didn't just because!?" Julie raged.

Emarru stays laid back. Jacklynn looks between the two, worried for the outcome..

"Yeah, pretty much."

Julie takes her glasses off and wipes her forehead. Jacklynn braces for what's to come, seeing Julie pissed off. The widow growls as she stands up and walks out. She walks out of the guild room and slams the door as she leaves. "That shit could have helped us... could have saved them," she thought. Julie walks into her room and sits on her bed.

"'Ah need a fuckin' assistant."

The Malenterian takes a few moments to relax. She looks at a small jar of green herbs. Just then she remembers something and shoots up.

"‘Ah gotta check shit."

The Leader of the night witches walks into a large room with beds and grey walls, the top of the walls are painted blue. The rom is filled with a few beds and some monitors. Some odd looking Machines as well. This was the Medical bay. She walks to the far back to a large cooler. She opens the door. Inside there are a few bags of blood labeled with Types on them.

"Damn runnin’ low on blood." Julie said to herself

Julie goes into the kitchen and opens the fridge and looks through a few of the cabinets.

"We are good on food. We did just take from Dravencore."

Julie goes to make herself some more coffee. This would be her 3rd cup of the morning.

Ierra comes into the kitchen, headed to the training grounds. Julie sits there and sighs.

"Darling, Is everything ok?" She asked sweetly.

Julie looks up to Ierra. The fair skinned Elf smiles. Julie's stress slightly melts away, knowing she can have faith in Ierra to help.

"It's been a kinda stressful mornin'."

Ierra walks over and hugs Julie.

"It will be fine Darkling. It always is."

Julie smiles and hugs Ierra back. Julie slowly relaxes. They sit in silence as they hug. Admittedly it was longer than Julie had wanted but she didn't mind Ierra.

"You seem stressed, darling. You should relax today." Ierra said sweetly.

"‘Ah can't relax ‘Ah have a guild ta run." 

"You also have a daughter."

Julie is silent for a moment as she thinks, Its been a while since she's spent time with Rose. Ierra turns to leave.

"Ok, well I'm going to patrol Axenveil." Ierra said.

"'Ah knew Aah was forgettin' somethin'!" Julie exclaimed as she pounds her hand on the table.

Ierra places her hands on Julie's shoulders and seats her down.

"Darling sit down. Really, relax today. You're not yourself, I've never seen you like this before. You're usually more calm." Ierra said worried.

Julie inhales and exhales deeply. She slowly stands up.

"Ya right Ierra. Mama needs some relaxation."

Drav'dornuss comes into the kitchen.

"I can help with some stress relief, Julie" he said in a sultry tone.

Julie's eyes widen hearing Drav'dornuss's voice. Her chest tightens up and she quickly goes to walk away. Drav'dornuss attempts to follow her but Ierra stops him and shakes her head. Her sighs. Julie quickly walks into her room and runs her hands through her hair. She's shaking She manages to calm herself down then hears a knock at the door. She answers it and it's Sav'akk. Julie looks up into the towering Rapteric's eyes.

"‘Ah ain't doin' shit right now. 'Ah'm very stressed out and gotta deal with somethin'. Do me a favor and keep Rose occupied if she's not playing with Celeste." Julie requested.

"Understood boss. Celeste is done with Rose right now and is watching cartoons together. Just wanted to give you your glasses. Anyway have a good time." Sav'akk said.

"‘Thank ya."

Sav'akk Shuts the door and walks to the main room. Drav'dornuss walks into the the main room. Rose notices and runs to him, pointing her wooden sword at him.

"Did you mess wiff mama again?" She asked

Drav'dornuss notices Sav'akk out the corner of his eyes and looks at her. Sav'akk is watching him closely. He looks back at Rose.

"I don't think I did."

Rose stays pointing the toy sword at him. It was a replica of Ingenium, Julie's sword, but not colored.

"I don't bewive you" The small Malenterian said, looking mad

Drav'dornuss is silent. He knew that some of the things he's done in the past where annoying and somethings he still does where annoying, but he wasn't that bad. At least he didn't think so.

"I didn't do anything," he said looking annoyed.

Rose stops and thins her eyes. Drav'dornuss sighs and walks off. Sav'akk walks to Rose.

"Hey kid."

Rose smiles at Sav'akk.

"Hewwo!" She said smiling.

Sav'akk huffs. having to care for a child like this.

"Sav'akk can we pway?"

"Yeah sure." Sav'akk said with a small groan.

Rose is overjoyed. She runs into her room, then back out with a toy knights helmet. Sav'akk genuinely smirks.

"Can you be a dwragon?" Rose asked excitedly.

Sav'akk looks away an sighs but looks back at Rose who looks on innocently. Sav'akk gets on her hands and knees and looks away from Rose. She blows a small flame from her mouth. Rose looks in awe.

"I didn't know you could do dat!" Rose said surprised.

Sav'akk smirks. They start playing around with Sav'akk being some dragon that took Mr. Cuddles. Rose who was a dragon slayer. Mr. Cuddles acted as a friend to Rose's character. In the end Sav'akk and Rose play fought and Sav'akk acts like she loses an arm. Rose giggled.

"Sav'akk, I wanna wearn to use a bow!"

Sav'akk is silent for a moment and nods. She stands up and walk to the Training grounds. There is Celeste and Ierra out there. Rose giggles and runs to Ierra. She looks at Rose and pats her head smiling. The Rapteric looks at Celeste.

"Quiet. I want to test your strength." She said looking at the bunny.

Celeste smirks and gets in a fighting pose. Sav'akk smirks but doesn't move.

"Boss can barely take me. You won't either. No. There's a village that hasn't paid up for our protection in a while. We gotta punish them'." Sav'akk explains.

Celeste stands up straight and goes to Sav'akk. The size difference is astonishing. Celeste comes up to Sav'akk's stomach. Celeste motions around her face, asking for a mask.

"Look for one. I have my outfit." She said motioning into the base.

Celeste nods and runs in the base. Sav'akk looks at Ierra and Rose. Rose is handling the bow pretty well as Ierra instructs her. no skin showing as well. Sav'akk heads into the base.

0