Chapter 10: A Dangerous Theory
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julie Walks to the kitchen, fuming. Ierra is there with Emarru, talking about recent Commissions. Julie's aggravated entrance into the room caused the women to look over in curiosity of their boss.

"What's wrong, Julie?" The Swinovo Ninja asked.

"‘Ah think 'Ah realized what happened in the Dushire Attack." She said angrily.

"The Attack that started the Malo-Goxian War?" Ierra asked, shocked.

"The Bastard King." Julie said, leaning up against the counter near the window.

Emarru pushes herself off of the counter across from Julie and steps toward her.

"King Dolland?"

"Yes, and Shane's story with mine is proof," Julie said standing back up and adjusting her glasses.

Shane walks over not to long after Julie, Having heard everything he gets angry a Julie's theory.

"As far as I'm concerned, it was you Malenterians."

The large Woman looks at Shane, more irritated now.

"Use ya fuckin' head. How the hell would Dolland know if the Malenterians were actually going to attack? He doesn't have close contact with the Malenterian king." She explains.

Shane steps at Julie, challenging her. Its apparent to Emarru and Ierra that Shane has no clear idea of what he's doing

"The soldiers were black." Shane stated bluntly.

"Shadae kagade cahns! So are Trenakians!"

"The king's army has more than one fuckin' race dumbass!" Julie yelled. 

"I can attest. There are many soldiers of Malenterian descent." Emarru said.

"How do you know?" The Goxian questioned.

"I was in his army before the Bronok attack." Emarru stated.

Shane is shocked by this fact. Though this did not change his outlook on things.

"Then how come you didn't know?" Shane asked.

"I left by then."

"I still don't believe you." 

The argument has got the attention of Sav'akk, Celeste, and Jason. Ierra is worried about the outcome and remaining silent, hoping Julie doesn't explode. The other three just watch silently. 

"My people shouldn't have to take shit from you Goxians because ya king thinks we committed a fuckin' war crime that didn't fuckin' happen!"

"Your lies aren't going to faze me, Malenterian."

Julie steps toward Shane threateningly. Though taller than Julie, he was very thin.

"If ya think my people did that attack, ya can take ya sorry ass somewhere else. ‘Ah don't care what fuckin' goals ya have." Julie said.

Julie turns and takes a few steps away. She lifts her sleeve up.

"If they where headed inta a different land 'Ah'm sure they'd send out one of their best soldiers."

"You where a soldier?" Shane remarked.

Julie turns quickly, highly pissed off.

"My father was. Not ta mention ah was trainin' ta become a Field Nurse at the time and heard nothin'," The large Malenterian explains. 

"Like they'd tell a Nurse-In-Training." The Goxian challenged.

Julie facepalms.

"Ya fuckin' unbelievable." Julie said.

"You clearly don’t know how the military works kid. No matter the occasion they send at least one medic out to the battlefield to help wounded soldiers and Civilians. Its part of common practice." Sav'akk remarked.

Emarru goes to speak up.

"Fuck it, why work with you to bring my sisters back? I might as well kill you now." Shane said.

Emarru unsheathes her giant sword and holds it with both hands from how heavy it is, Ierra takes out her bow and nocks an arrow, pointing it at Shane, Sav'akk puffs out her cheeks ready to breath fire, Drav’dornuss also gets ready from behind Shane. Julie pushes down Emarru's sword and Ierra's bow with one hand each.

"Y'all act like the kid can actually harm me, let alone kill me."

The witches are silent for a moment before lowering their weapons. Its obvious that Julie is furious by her expression. Shane looks at Julie, a fear deep in his gut but remaining strong despite it.

"Even if Malenterians did attack Bronok, y'all would have deserved it for tryin' ta enslave my people for years before that."

Ierra looks through the kitchen to the training grounds. Celeste is out there with Rose. "At least she's not witnessing this," She thought. Julie walks up to Shane stopping in front of him

"What 'bout my people, huh? The people that were on the brink of enslavement? The people that lost their lives so they wouldn't have their future kids born in fuckin' chains by you fuckin’ Goxians. What about those people? Ya think Bronok is in the right for that?" She asked.

Shane is silent. He just looks at Julie as she goes off. Ierra watches in amazement. Drav'dornuss is smiling, admiring Julie's fierceness.

"If we did attack like ya said, it might as well have been in defense." 

"Don't you dare say something like that! My sisters and mother were raped and killed as well as my father in the Dunshire attack!"

"It! Was! Arrintar! They staged the attack to make it seem like we did it!" Julie yells.

Julie notices Celeste walking in with Rose. She walks toward them and Shane tries to get in her way. Julie pushes Shane hard and sends him into the counter next to him. Shane gets up and goes to run at her but Emarru grabs him and puts him in a head lock. The large Malenterian looks at her daughter, who has tears streaming down her face. "she must have heard the fight," Julie thought to herself as she hugs Rose to comfort the child.

"It’s ok Rose," She said softly, consoling her daughter. Rose sniffles.

"It’s ok. It’s done Rose. Ya tired?" She asked wiping Rose's tears.

Rose nods, laying her head on her mother's chest.

"'Ight," She said softly.

Julie picks up Rose. She looks at Celeste.

"Thanks She said.

The brown Bunnisarian nods. Julie stands while holding Rose and walks to her room. She lays Rose down and rubs her head. The Malenterian tucks Rose in and kisses her head before returning to the main room, Shane is there free of Emarru's grasp and sitting on the couch near Jack. She places a hand on her hip.

"If ya want ya sisters back, ya need ta be sure ta realize that it ain't me that was there. 'Ah have a daughter. and 'Ah'll be damned if you and ya sisters decide ta gang up on us for some false shit like that."

Shane looks at the Malenterian silently. Under any other circumstance he'd simply leave, but now he had a wish that he's sworn himself too.

"Fine," He said.

"Hmm, good enough." She said.

"‘Ah'm surprised at how ya've been walkin' and movin' around already despite bein' so screwed up." She said.

Shane turns away from Julie.

"Don't worry about it." He said coldly. Ierra wanders over in case anything pops off again.

"If you have such a problem with her being a Malentarian, how come you haven't said anything about me being a Lockwood Elf?" Ierra asked in a rude tone.

Shane looks at Ierra.

"Was there something about them too?" He asked, genuinely confused.

Julie stays silent and watches.

"I'm not sure what you mean," The Goxian said to Ierra.

Ierra sighs and shakes her head. "Guess they don't teach that in Bronok," she thought.

"For now lets get you back in the med bay and monitored. You have a while to go before you should be walking," The Elf said walking off.

In truth, that's why Shane had sat on the couch instead of heading back, he felt breathless. He follows Ierra back into the med bay.

0