Chapter 11: Stories Of The Past
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sav'akk follows Julie into the kitchen. She sits and Sav'akk leaning against a wall. 

"What are some stories you have before the witches Sav'akk?" Julie asked, curious.

"I was a Rapteric General before this all." She explained. "I have many stories."

"General?" Julie asked shocked. "What about the Battle of Tulim?"

Sav'akk snickers.

"Battle? More like a slaughter." She said, smiling devilishly.

"‘Ah heard-"

"Every one heard something about it. I was a high rank soldier during that." She said, looking away.

Julie adjusts her glasses, intrigued.

"So... what happened?" She asked again.

"I remember it as if it was yesterday. I was a high ranking, leading hundreds into battle. They both looked up to me and feared me. I had a... reputation, lets call it. The entire town was being ransacked and going up in flames. The bastards screamed as they burned, screamed as they ran, screamed as they died. The Goxians tried to fight back, but few things are stronger than a Rapteric." She said, her tone was one that hinted it was unpleasant to remember. "They stood no chance."

Julie sits upright. It seems like there's something that bothers her.

"Did ya-"

Sav'akk leans close to Julie.

"Did ya..."

Sav'akk is silent and looks down, she nods somberly.

"Everyone that did got punished. I'd know." She said sounding guilty.

Julie looks horrified. She almost feels close to throwing up but keeps it down.

"You... that's... how..."

Sav'akk looks at Julie again.

"I don't want to talk about it." Sav'akk said, a heavy tone of self hatred on her voice.

Sav'akk looks at Julie, she looks back horrified. Sav'akk lowers her head.

"I've learned a lot since then."

"Does that fix the trauma ya gave them?"

She looks away being hurt by that statement, though it was a truth she ha so painfully embraced. "Nothing I do will make it better," She thought.

"I didn't deserve to marry Zandeth," Sav'akk spoke lowly.

Julie's expression goes from anger to shock. Jack, who was walking to his room overhears and stops walking,

"You were the queen of Marshtinan?" The Yangjung Ninja asked.

"Melenomalé." Sav'akk stated.

Julie looks at Jack whose jaw is practically on the floor.

"You're Queen Melenomalé? Holy shit!" Jack said more surprised.

"You'd think that you'd realize that when I said I was Rapteric, I don't really look like one now do I?" Sav'akk said irritated.

"Wait. What’s happenin’?" Julie asked confused.

Jack looks at Julie in disbelief.

"You've never heard of Melenomalé the Feared?" Jack asked.

"Not really."

Sav'akk crosses her arms.

"My story is known in very few places." 

"What story is that?" The large Malenterian asked.

"I'll explain if I get drunk later." Sav'akk said.

"Really?" Julie looks at Sav'akk unamused.

"It's a memory I don't want to relive. So yes, really."

"'Ah guess 'Ah get that." Julie said. "'Ah got other things ta do so..."

Julie gets up and walks out the Kitchen.

***

Ierra leads Shane to the Med bay. Shane sits on the bed.

"There was something that went on between Bronok and Avilir?" Shane asked curiously. Avilir.

Ierra sits and looks at Shane.

"There was"

Shane looks at the pale skinned Elf.

"What happened?"

Ierra crosses her arms, remembering the old days.

"You barely know your home’s history, I see. Well, it was over a millennium ago. I think 1,747 Years. Anyway-"

"Wait..." Shane said, disbelieve controlling his actions. "1,000 years ago? You really researched that far back in Bronok's history?"

Ierra is silent for a moment, looking at Shane with a blank expression.

"I was there."

"WHAT?"

"Back then there was a rise in tension between early Avilir and Bronok. Childish in my opinion, really. The Lockwood tailors demanded they be paid more. At the time pay was around 5 Garsils an outfit. The hunters were worse, 3 each rabbit and 5 each dear. They demanded be paid per pound, like what is normal. Quite frankly I was fine with the payment I was-"

"Young?" Shane said.

"Are you calling me old!?"

Shane nods. Ierra groans and ignores his rude comment. She continues on with her explanation, looking back to a time, far before any of the Night Witches where born let alone thought of.

"Now, I was fine with the pay I was getting. But the more I thought about it, I was overworking myself. Bronok heard the Elves and raised the prices as wanted. But the Elves wanted more. Most things where understandable such as equal pay, others where... not so much." The pale elf rambled on.

The thin Goxian nodded, intrigued by the tale of his motherland. Ierra looked as if she had been witnessing a chain of events that was clearly becoming worse.

"Avilir took it to far once. They tried to marry the chief's daughter to the prince. The prince had his eye on a Klikah woman though. And at 15, as an escape from the marriage he'd be forced into, he ran off with her."

"I think I heard it before. Didn't he claim Bronok have them everything and got nothing?" Shane asked.

"Is that what they teach you in school?" Ierra seemed genuinely worried. Not for the image of her people, but for the image of the first king of Bronok.

"Kind of, I more so read stories of that king when I was little."

"Well, it was close enough. He stood by his son and declared it had gone too far. "My son had made his choice." Hose where his words. THe elves where outraged, ungrateful. at lest they grew in the past millennium."

Shane had been listening to Ierra attentively, he adjusts how he was sitting to be more comfortable. "she said Early Avlilir. Does that mean they had just formed?" Shane asked himself.

"So they just wanted to get the Avilir out there," Shane said.

Ierra crosses her legs, sitting up nicely.

"That's all they wanted was Recognition. But that was the last straw. Later I heard that a few Elves entered the castle and told the king that they believed that he was in the right, I only wished I could be there, I was busy cleaning up my tailoring shop being only around 13,000 at the time."

Shane's eyes widened.

"You're like 14,000 years old? How?" Shane asked, shocked.

"You know, you're quite rude, being stuck on a woman's age like that. And yes I'm about 15,483. Now anywa-"

"Damn, that's old."

"Will you shut up?" Ierra exploded.

Ierra turns her back from Shane and crosses her arms.

"Now where was I?"

"Ah yes, I could only wish to confront the king and apologize for my peoples rudeness. The requests for a Lockwood Elf queen turned to demands, then into protests. They got so bad the king had to close the gates of inner Bronok. That was real bad business for me. One of my top clients were, I digress. The protests got worse after that. Then the king broke when his son was attacked. He demanded all Lockwood Elves leave the kingdom. I was devastated. My business there was outstanding, and it had been my home for generations." Ierra said sadly.

The injustice his home had faced makes a slight anger well within the Goxian. Ierra's tone of distaste in her people actions made his own feelings valid.

"So you lost your living because of your people's actions?"

"Exactly. But years later I met Julie. Nice woman, beautiful too. Very attractive." Ierra said  smiling.

Shane huffs at the mention of Julies name and looks away, irritably. Ierra looks at him.

"She definitely is... something."

"Do not start again."

"I find it odd that she would get so mad and still keep me here." The Goxian said.

The pale Elf knew the true reason as to why she'd keep Shane here, though it occurred to her that it hadn't crossed the mans mind.

"To be honest if you left she'd probably have us find you and bring you back." Ierra stated.

"Why?"

Ierra switches her crossed legs.

"She's just a motherly woman. She'd want you back at full health then let you go." Ierra said smiling.

Julie enters the Medical bay. "lets hope he took the lie," the Lockwood Elf thought. Shane looks at Julie, anger flairs in his eyes.

"Ya can believe whatever ya want. ‘Ah'll still help ya out. But that also means that ya have ta join. If ya don't ‘Ah'd have ta kill ya." Julie said sternly.

Ierra watches, admiring Julie in her lavish dark skin and ice blue eyes. Shane huffs.

"Talk about motherly." He muttered.

"It’s ya choice." She said, catching an attitude with a sassy undertone.

Ierra looks at Shane then at Julie. Shane sighs.

0