Chapter 12: Discipline
28 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week later, Shane is back in full health. He's been training under Sav'akk as well. The Mad Lord's War was not spoken of again, yet it is a thing Shane keeps in his mind. The day after the argument Julie had gone on a quest, she had finally returned today. Ierra is laying on the couch when she notices the large Malenterian. She tries to get up quickly but trips, falling on the floor.

"Ow. Darling! Your back!" She shouted in excitement.

Julie nods and takes her mask off revealing her ice blue eyes and her glasses underneath the mask. The Elf stands up and turns into Moonshine Run.

"Boss is back!" She called out.

"Hold on!" Sav'akk yelled in the distance. She had been currently training Shane at the time.

Ierra huffs and turns back to Julie.

"It’s fine. How's Shane been? Behavin’ himself?" Julie asked putting a hand on her hip.

Ierra nods.

"He hasn't caused many problems, but..."

"But what?" the notorious villain asked.

"Well, I think Sav'akk pushes him too hard."

Julie thinks for a moment, she was exhausted from her long trip.

"‘Ah'll train him then." She said with a sigh.

"Darling, I don't think that's the best thing," Ierra said worried about what could happen. She full well understood Shane's distrust of Malenterians. The last thing the Lockwood Elf wanted would be someone she cares about, like Julie, to be handling someone that isn't the most passive. Julie looks at Ierra about to speak but Rose comes running up.

"Yay. Mama’s back!" She said with her arms open wide.

Julie chuckles and picks up her daughter.

"‘Ah missed ya so much Rose," Julie said hugging her daughter tightly.

"Iz missed you too Mama."

After a short hug, the Malenterian set her down. Despite missing her own daughter during her week long absence, she had some work to get too first.

"Let Mama take care of a few things then ‘Ah'll play with ya, ok?" Julie said energetically.

Rose nods and runs off to play. Julie looks at Ierra, getting down to business.

"Where's Shane?"

"I think he's training with Sav'akk right now. Also Think Emarru is training with Drav'dornuss too." Ierra said.

She inhales deeply as if to prepare herself for something.

"Alright." She said.

Julie and Ierra walk through the kitchen to get to the training grounds. Celeste is in the kitchen staring out the window.

"Quiet." Julie called.

Celeste quickly looks over and her face is red. She's in her new guild issued outfit. A long sleeved fish netting top, and black pants with a red accent in the shape of a rectangle on the thighs. She has on leather gloves that have hard knuckles. Ierra looks at her curiously.

"Darling where's your jacket?"

Celeste points to the armory.

"Nice outfit," Julie complimented.

Celeste smiles having been complimented.

"Now why ya starin' at so hard?" She asked Celeste.

Celeste's face turns a slight red and she speed walks out the kitchen. Julie and Ierra look at each other, wondering what that was about. Ierra shrugs and they go out to the training grounds. Julie looks around and sees Drav'dornuss training with Emarru. He looks over at her and Julie averts her gaze to Shane. Her and Ierra walk over. Shane barely had a shirt on, it being burned off. Sav'akk lets out a large ball of fire, traveling very fast. Shane hops to the left. He is visibly sweating. 

"You're finally getting good." Sav'akk said smirking.

Shane doesn't change expression. Julie walks up holding her right hand out.

"Enough." She says.

Sav'akk stands straight up and Shane looks over. He quietly scoffs.

"Ierra believes Sav'akk is pushin' ya too hard" Julie commands.

"I might be a little hard on the man," Sav'akk admitted.

Julie looks at Sav'akk. She knew exactly what she meant by that, The last person Sav'akk had trained ended up leaving due to her hard training.

"'Ah'll be trainin' ya from now on"

Ierra is slightly disheartened by Julies choice to follow through, Sav'akk chuckles.

"Fine by me." Sav'akk remarked.

Shane looks irritated, he felt he had been doing fine, and this Malenterian thinks she can just force herself into his everyday life in such a way. It made his blood boil.

"What makes you-"

Julie interrupts, adjusting her glasses.

"If ya hate Malenterians then that will come out during our sessions. Ya need ta learn discipline first. before anythin'. If ya think ya Goxians are so much better, then you will wat to prove it."

Though Ierra preferred her close friend to remain in a less stressful situation, she had to admit she had a point there. Julie leans forward, getting in Shane's face.

"Plus, 'Ah know how much harder ya'd try to beat me. And you'll always fail."

Shane gets mad and throws a punch at Julie. Julie grabs his fist and slaps him.

"Attack me again outside of trainin’ and ah'll break it," She said.

Shane goes to attack again. Julie blocks the same way. But this time she twists his wrist and moves behind him. She wraps her right arm around Shane's neck, brings him down to a comfortable height, and pins his arm behind his back, pulling up slightly. Shane grunts in pain.

"Sav'akk did ya even teach him?" She asked holding Shane tight as he squirms.

"No, was working on his dodging. Thought you'd want to doit anyway." Sav'akk said.

The Malenterian smiles.

"'Ah appreciate it, but ya should be training him right." Julie said.

The red haired Goxian squirms. Julie pulls more on his arm, making him yelp slightly. He doesn't budge. Julie knocks his knee out and forces him to the ground, still holding his arm. Julie then places her left knee lightly on Shane's back, holding his arm in the air  by the forearm. She twists it.

"Give up!" She yelled.

Shane still squirms. Julie applies pressure on Shane's back with her knee, Shane tries to grab his arm and wiggle out of the situation. 

"‘Ah'll give ya 5 seconds."

Unknown to Julie, Rose had wandered out to the raining grounds and was watching,

"Do it Mama!" Rose yells, smiling.

Julie chuckles and looks at Rose she yanks Shane's arm, popping his arm out of socket. He yells in pain. She lets go and steps aside. Shane writhes on the ground holding his arm, yelling in agony.

"Ya done?" She asked with her signature pose, a hand on the hip..

Shane is silent for a bit before he nods.

"Good boy." She said.

She kneels down to him and grabs his shoulder. Julie pushes hard on it and there's a loud pop. Shane holds his arm again and yells. Though this time moves his arm. After the pain settles, he 's in shock at his arm being fixed the way it was.

"'Ah dislocated ya shoulder. Didn't break ya arm." She said.

Shane is in disbelief and anger. The Malenterian criminal stands, looking down on Shane.

"That anger will get ya killed out there. Use it when needed and fuckin’ think. ‘Ah don't want ya ta die if ya can believe that. Listen." She said authoritatively.

Julie pauses. Drav'dornuss and Emarru where watching. Emarru was studying if Shane posed a threat in anyway to Julie from here he was, ready to attack. Drav'dornuss on the other hand was watching to admire Julie.

"If ya don’t like it, run. We’d catch ya anyway."

"I get it." Shane said coldly.

"Hate me all ya want, but ya work for us now." She explained.

Shane looks at the ground, feeling embarrassed by his defeat. Julie helps Shane up and hugs him. Shane is surprised by this gesture

"Just do better." She said softly.

Julie lets Shane go. He's clearly confused by the sudden change from hostile to passive. "What the hell was with that?" He thought.

"Now that that’s done." She said smiling.

Drav'dornuss walks behind Julie and touches her shoulder. Her body freezes up and her expression shows fear. She feels her chest tighten up and her breathing gets heavy. She quickly turns and pushes Drav'dornuss back. He's unsure what the reasoning for this was but decides to just let it be.

"Julie he didn't even do anything." Emarru said.

Julie exhales, calming herself.

"‘Ah don't like him touching me."

"Alright, then."

"Anyway can ya get a wooden sword for me.

Emarru leaves to get said object. Rose comes up and points at Drav'dornuss with her own wooden sword. Drav'dornuss raises his hands, joining in playing with Rose.

"Good job Rose. Always try ta corner ya opponent, then ya can get information" She instructed.

Rose nods smiling at her mother, then looks back at Drav’dornuss straight in the eyes.

"Got it Mama," Rose smiles.

Emarru comes out and throws the wooden sword at Julie, she catches it perfectly. The black haired woman taps Rose's sword. The small child looks up at her mother, who smiles. Julie walks back a bit and gets into a battle stance, holding out the wooden sword in front of her by her side, body flat and facing to Rose.

"Let’s see ya skill, Rose Hope Stoneheardt."

Rose points the sword at her mother and smiles smugly.

"Come on Mama!" Rose yelled.

Julie runs up to her daughter, though not at full speed. Rose stands there until Julie is very close. The white-haired child then rolls behind her mother and tries to slash upward, she barely misses. Julie lightly slashes behind her and Rose ducks. While ducked, Rose slashes at hr mother's right foot from between her legs. Julie moves her leg back and her lose her balance. Julie jumps over Rose and somersaults away to regain her footing, turning around quickly after. Rose stands too. The two run at each other and clash wooden swords multiple times. Julie tries a chest slash and Rose slides between her mother's legs. Julie catches her daughter's leg by closing the space between. Rose tries desperately to get free.

"Flashy moves are more risky than anythin'," Julie said.

Rose stops moving. Her sword is within arms reach.

"If this was an actual battle ya'd be dead by now. If ya wanna use moves like that ya should train usein' them first. So it's a good thi-"

Julie feels her leg get hit. She looks behind her and Rose has her sword on her leg. The child giggles.

"Monologin'. Ya only got me 'cause ‘Ah'm tryin' ta teach ya." Julie chuckles.

Julie separates her legs, letting Rose go. Rose crawls out and stands behind her mother, in her battle pose.

"You talk too much Mama." Rose said.

Julie turns and places her hands on her hips, chuckling. Her large breast bounced slightly with her laughter.

"Ya think too highly of yaself." She fired back, adjusting her glasses

Rose clashes swords with her mother.

"But that's no way ta talk ta ya mother understand?" Julie said smiling at her daughter.

Rose stops the clash and tries to hit her mother, but she gets blocked.

"Though ya way better than any 5 year old." She chuckled.

Rose once again tries to push her moms sword away but her next attack is still blocked.

"Good thin' ya my daughter. ‘Ah'll teach ya ta be just like me."

Rose smiles. She pushes her mom's sword to the side then comes back and tries to hit her. Julie backs up and chuckles.

"Ya good Rose. Really good. Ya could probably beat me if ya train those other moves of yours." She chuckled, amazed at her daughters abilities.

"Really?" The Malenterian child asked, her eyes sparkling.

"Yes." She said proudly.

"You said you will train me too?" Rose asked exited.

Julie nods.

"Promise?" Rose asked.

Julie chuckles as she nods. Drav'dornuss smiles slightly watching the Mother and Daughter bond, he found it very cute and charming. Sav'akk had already left. As for Ierra and Emarru, the Swinovo tribe woman was also shocked at Rose's proficiency. Ierra had her sun hood of her outfit up covering her face from the sun and smiling.

"Yes Rose. ‘Ah promise."

"Iz can't wait!" Rose said exited.

Shane, having witnessed how this 5 year old child can move in a fight is shocked.

"That's insane!"

Julie looks behind her at the Goxian.

"Your daughter is a natural." Shane said.

Julie smiles and looks back at Rose. She's running off toward the building to talk with Celeste and Ierra.

"She's also Malenterian."

Shane is silent, knowing what Julie was getting at. There's a silence as Julie watches Rose talk about how she was training against her mother. Shane thinks to himself about how he had just complimented a Malenterian. a Malenterian child. A child, who had done nothing wrong. and how he had felt slightly ashamed to still feel mad at Rose for having done nothing.

"That really was amazing darling." She said smiling.

"You're going to be stronger than me if you keep that up." Celeste said.

Rose is smiling widely.

"Though, like Shane, ya have ta learn discipline. If not then ya'll lose the battle before it even began. Discipline is a big part ta how ya move and attack," Ierra explained.

"Oks." She said determined.

"Well, there's a lot ‘Ah have ta check up on," Julie said before making her way into Moonshine Run.

Shane remains silent.

"Maybe I'll teach you to use a bow." Ierra said rubbing Roses head.

Rose nodded enthusiastically. Celeste smiles. Julie thinks to herself how Rose could be growing so quickly when it had dawned on her. "Mom always said that sword fightin’ was in the blood," she thought. Julie makes some coffee. Jack comes into the Kitchen and smiles seeing her Mother figure home. The Malenterian smiles back when a question had popped in her head.

"Ya know any Kitsune?" Julie asked.

"I do not," Jack replied.

"Oh. ‘Ah was wonderin' 'cause ‘Ah wanted ta try and get one ta join us. Kinda need a spell caster. ‘Ah know magic but Kitsune... They use it all the time, it's they life."  Julie explained.

Jack nods but then rushes outside seeing a new figure on the training grounds. Julie looks back and realizes what it was. She quickly sets down her cup of coffee and rushes outside. There stands an Avarian, a bird person. Specifically a woman. Julie looks her up and down. There's a bow at the end of her talons and her "hands'' are up. Avarians are highly bird-like, having feathers, beaks, and talons for feet. Though Avarian hands can be vastly different. They usually wear large hoop earrings as a faith in their god, Wavaria. This Avarian was a raven with her black feathers and purple eyes. She wasn't wearing the common Avarian outfit. It's usually a centerpiece of comfortable leather that is like a vest of some sort, though the female's version doesn't go over their shoulder, It usually is held up by hugging the breasts. No, this Avarian was wearing a GeoTax science outfit, complete with the blue bandanna around the neck. The raven looks around. Everyone has some sort of weapon out and drawn pointed at the Bird-woman.

"Are you the Night Witches?" The raven asked, she had a panicked tone of voice.

"Who is asking?" Ierra asked, her bow aimed at the bird, arrow drawn.

The raven looks at Ierra.

"My name is Beatrix Menoa." She said, raising her left hand. "I want to join. Who is the leader?"

Julie moves Ierra to the side. Beatrix changes her attention to Julie. The large woman looks her up and down again. She was slim, though naturally for an Avarian she had big thighs. Emarru throws Ingenium to the Black Widow, she catches it and points toward Beatrix.

"Lower ya hands and die." Julie said threateningly. She was in a terrible position here too. She knew that with her face known to her, even when not attached to the name of "Black Widow" shed be hunted if this Avarian had the chance to tell anyone.

Beatrix nods.

"How'd ya find us?"

Beatrix turns her arms into wings, and shakes them. Beatrix had retractable wings. The wings would fold on top each other like layers and make a small appendage.

"I've been flying for days." Beatrix said desperate.

Julie is silent for a moment and thinks. She didn't understand why everyone was suddenly looking to join them. "where there always people who wanted to, or is this all sudden?" Julie questioned to herself. She tightens the grip on Ingenium and asks the question all the other Witches have been thinking of.

"What the hell is special about us?"

Beatrix goes to speak then notices Shane and Drav'dornuss. She slightly lowers her arms.

"Wait there's men here? I thought it was women only." Beatrix said confused.

Julie points Ingenium at Beatrix again threateningly and her arms go back up.

"I just want to join please." Beatrix said, her tone was one of exhaustion.

Julie looks at Beatrix skeptical. Beatrix goes to lower her arms again, but Julie threateningly steps toward her. She instantly puts her arms back up. "I could have done this in a better way," The raven thought to herself.

"Why are you here?" Julie asked threateningly.

Beatrix goes to move the leg grasping the bow. Ierra pulls her arrow back farther.

"Don't move!" She shouted.

Beatrix sighs looking at the floor.

"I'll explain everything. I swear." Beatrix said.

Julie thinks for a bit.

"How do we know we can trust you?"

"Can I move?" Beatrix asked shaking her arms, her feathers fold back up into each other.

"Yes."

Beatrix bends down to the bow, she picks it up and breaks it over her knee. Then throws it away from her. Ierra reacts like she has physical pain.

"I know it seems strange how I just land here suddenly." She asked.

" Take the quiver off. Now." Julie demanded.

Beatrix does so. "But this is very important, and we can help each other I think."

"And that dagger you have." She said carefully.

"I don’t use daggers only bows." Beatrix said.

Julie lowers her sword. "Help each other?" She thinks to herself. She thinks to herself for a small moment then notices the GeoTax coat the Raven has on her. She sheaths Ingenium.

"Follow." Julie said authoritatively.

Ierra looks at Julie.

"Darling, can we really trust her?" Ierra asked quietly.

"She broke her only weapon." Julie said, looking at Ierra

Jack and Jacklynn come running out but Julie waves them off. They walk back in, waiting in the kitchen. Beatrix, Julie, Ierra, and Emarru enter the base and into the guild room. Julie sits at the front of the table as always everyone else takes their seat. 

"So what did ya want?" The Night Witch Leader asked in an authoritative voice.

"I want to join you."

"Why?" Emarru asked, watching of Bea's movements.

Julie sighs, tired of Emarru getting involved with everything she does.

"GeoTax, and your cause" She said looking at Emarru.

Ierra looks at Julie confused.

"Cause?"

"The old reason, We don't follow that anymore." Julie said.

Beatrix is surprised. She had looked for them for days on end, inspired by their beliefs just to be told they don't work toward their goal any more. She was at a loss for words.

"That isn't true... is it?"

Ierra nods.

"Either way there's more to it. Please I want to join." She stated again.

Julie is intrigued yet cautious, this wouldn't be the first time a spy had tried to infiltrate them.

"Why do you want to join so badly? Tell the truth." Emarru demanded.

Beatrix lowers her head. She looks back at Julie.

"You're the leader?" She asked.

Julie is silent and calm outside, yet on the inside she's panicking. "I made it that fucking obvious didn't I?"

"Why do ya wanna know?"

"I work for GeoTax,  in the tech development department. To make a long and complex story short and simple, I hate working under the king." She explained.

"What do ya mean the Bastard doesn't own GeoTax." Julie said confused.

Ierra pops up.

"Oh I forgot you were on the mission, yeah. Dolland took control of GeoTax. Many of the scientists left due to their studies being swayed to please the king rather than what they where prior" Ierra said.

"Exactly. A good friend of mine worked on animal and creature studies. Since The king took it over though the fun in everything has been taken. He has us researching some... serum." Beatrix explained

Emarru looks at Beatrix, a little uneasy. "He's trying to make more?" She thought to herself.

"Boss allow me to test her abilities." Emarru said out of the blue. Julie was shocked about this sudden burst from Emarru, she had gotten involved before but to go as far as to give someone who hasn't even gotten the ok to join an initiation test, that was far out of character.

"She's clearly an archer darling. What better than a master archer to test her." Ierra chimed in.

"I'm testing her.

"Shut up and let me think.

Ierra and Emarru fall silent. The Aviarian raven too is silent. Ierra looks at Emarru, wondering why she had been so pushy to test Beaxtrix. The Swinovo ninja stares at the black feathered bird woman intensely, somewhat making Bea feel uncomfortable. The atmosphere was deep and heavy. "Emarru has some reason she wants to give her the initiation instantly, and she isn't telling us why. What is it this time?" Julie thinks to herself. After a few more moments of silence, Julie speaks up.

"Ok. What are ya skills?"

"I'm a great scientist. Skilled archer, Not well magic. But I do believe I make up for it in my vision making me a great scout, especially in the air." Beatrix explained.

"She did find us," Ierra pointed out.

"I know many songs of healing. I'm a bard." Beatrix said.

Julie nods. Ierra looks at Julie and smiles.

"This is perfect. An Avarian Bard!" Ierra said excitedly.

"What do you mean?" Julie asked.

"You've never heard the stories?" Ierra asked.

Emarru is silent, just starring at Beatrix.

"I expected so. An Avarian bard is one of the most important pieces in older militaries. A flying healer with a loud voice to be heard across the field." 

"Wouldn't that be heard by the enemies healing them?" Julie asked.

"The less experienced ones ended up healing the enemy too, which is why they fell out of favor."

"I'm an expert bard. So my songs of healing are selective and concentrated, not general" Beatrix explained.

"Well, all that's good, but what if a soldier hears it and tells the Bastard that they need one." Julie asked.

Beatrix smirks slightly.

"Songs of Syphoning. Those are specific to Avarians. They counter other magic." Bea explained.

Julie thinks for a moment before turning to Ierra.

"Ya best suited ta see her skill. Go ahead."

"Yes boss." Ierra nodded.

Beatrix looks around the room as Ierra stands.

"N-now?" Bea asked confused.

Julie nods.

"Wow you really don't waste time." Beatrix said.

"Well ya here already, might as well see what ya can do. Lets go."

Beatrix nods, she stands with the others and walks toward the training grounds with the 3.

0