Chapter 13: Wings of Glory
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beatrix, Julie, Ierra, and Emarru get to the training fields. Emarru slowly swings her right arm out to the side.

"Clear up. There's an evaluation happening." She said loudly.

Jason and Drav'dornuss where having a spar, but stopped and got against the wall of the base. The first evaluation round is Ierra and Beatrix. The Raven stands there confused as Ierra gets in a fighting stance.

"How are you going to evaluate me? I broke my bow." Beatrix asked. She had begun regretting that decision.

Julie heads inside and retrieves a bow for Beatrix. Just a normal wooden bow, nothing special.

"Here, this was meant to be a back up for Ierra if hers breaks," The Night Witch said.

"Go all out Beatrix, those are sparring arrows," Julie explained.

Beatrix nods and gets into position, holding her bow in her hand and watching Ierra.

"Go." Julie yells.

Beatrix takes to the sky, jumping high. Ierra fires off multiple arrows and Beatrix dodges perfectly, moving herself quickly using strong flaps and keen eye sight. With the bow, now in her talons, she tosses it up and grabs it with her wing, nocking an arrow and shoots. Ierra dodges, she was insanely quick. "This'll be difficult," Beatrix thought. But she kept her wits about her. Beatrix flies toward Ierra and tries to smack her with her wing to mess her up. Instead, Ierra grabs the wing and throws the Avarian behind her. Beatrix recovers and shoots off an arrow upside down. The Elf dodges again.

"Done some training with your time in the Science guild?" Ierra asked.

"I have, brief, but I have."

Ierra runs to a different part of the field. Beatrix looks for her, flying high in the sky. Her keen Eye sigh can keep up with the Elf's movements and flies at the Elf. Being caught off guard, Ierra gets grabbed by Bea's talon. She flies up, hovering above the ground. Ierra is trying to get a hold of her baton, The stand in for her knife. The dark feathered Aviarian notices and grabs her bow from her talons, freeing her other talon. She tries to grab Ierra's other hand, she was too late. Ierra swings to hit Beatrix but is dropped before she could land the hit.

"Not as easy as you thought, huh?" Beatrix said smugly.

"Yeah."

"Have I proven myself?" The bird woman asks.

Ierra fires off 2 arrows at Beatrix, she dodges both with the last almost hitting her. Ierra is nowhere to be seen by the Avarian woman. She turns to her left and knocks an arrow, she turns slightly more left and fires.

"Damn it!" Ierra yelled.

The Lockwood Elf hops out of her spot, landing in the center of the Training grounds. Ierra looks at the blue paint splotch on her chest.

"Well. That was unexpected. How did you know I was there, darling?" Ierra asked curiously.

"Avarians have eyes that can see on a different spectrum than Humans at will."

"Interesting. Emarru your turn." Ierra said. She underestimated Beatrix. She knows that was why she got hit.

Ierra walks over by Julie, Passed Emarru. The Swinovo Woman shakes her head in disappointment at Ierra with her arms crossed.

"I expected more from you Ierra."

"Can't do much when I'm being flung around." Ierra said.

Julie watches their conversation.

"I make for a better Sniper class Archer than a scout. But I do have up close experience."

"That explains it then." Beatrix said.

Ierra looks at Beatrix.

"By the skills you explained you are a Sniper Class Archer. Probably in the Master range. I'm an Expert class Scout." Beatrix explained.

"That makes it all the more embarrassing, I should have taken you out off the bat." 

"Arrogance," Julie said.

Ierra sits down waiting for the next fight. She feels slightly Embarrassed from her loss but doesn't sweat it much. Emarru gets into place as does Beatrix. Both on the opposite sides of the training grounds.

"You may have the sky advantage, but I have my tricks," Emarru smirked.

"Can't wait."

They wait for the word, both in battle pose. Emarru looks at Beatrix determined, her hand on the large wooden sword behind her.

"Start." Julie yells from the sidelines.

Beatrix quickly nocks multiple arrows at once and shoots them at Emarru. She dashes to the left and walks toward Beatrix. She tilts her bow sideways and nocks 5 arrows.

"Truly an Expert class Scout. Common technique to use multiple arrows, in a fight," Ierra mentioned.

Beatrix lets the arrows loose. Emarru jumps over them. When she lands, the Swinovo ninja rushes Beatrix, taking the large blade off her back. The wooden sword is bashed into the ground. The Aviarian barely dodges and flies into the sky. Emarru tosses the sword higher than Beatrix, then and grabs it, plummeting to the ground. Beatrix moves away and hits Emarru in the side of her head with her talon. This messes Emarru up, making her land on her side rather than her feet. She rights herself quickly.

"Nice speed. You’re calculated." Emarru said, smirking.

She puts up her arms and blades of water appear behind Beatrix. the Swinovo ninja throws up her sword again but this time she puts a spin on it. Emarru dashes to her sword in the air again, spins once, and throws it down to Beatrix who rolls over. She tries to shoot Emarru with a few arrows but she disappears to one of the blades of water. Emarru slashes downward, water sword in hand. Then she appears at another and does the same. She repeats this action with the 3 other blades. Beatrix constantly rolls trying to dodge them all. Emarru lands next to her large wooden weapon, grabs the hilt and kicks it up with her heel. Then she holds the sword to left side. Beatrix stands up and Emarru flies toward her and swings. Beatrix dodges, landing behind the Ninja. A few trees in front of Emarru are cut down.

"Should you be using that much strength?" Bea asked, fearfully.

Emarru lightly tosses the sword in the air, backflips, and catches it between her feet. The Swinovo woman comes down above Beatrix who boosts herself out of the way with a flap of both her wings. Beatrix looks to the sidelines at everyone then at Emarru, who kicks the holt of the sword up, then starts standing on the tip of the hilt, not moving. "She's done for." Julie thought.

"Is this amount of force Seriously okay? Is she trying to kill me?" The raven asked.

"It wont kill you," Jason said.

Many daggers made of water appear around Emarru.

"May hurt like hell though."

She opens her eyes and the daggers fly out. Beatrix has one of her wings hit but it doesn't go through, nor does it drain blood. Emarru closes her eyes again and even more daggers appear. Beatrix flies onto the sky and sings a Song of Syphoning, the daggers slowly loose from and the water that makes them up falls to the ground. Emarru is impressed.

"Nice quick thinking," Emarru said getting back on the ground. "I forfeit. I can beat her easily but fast planning like that gets my approval."

Julie smiles and so does Beatrix.

"So ya quick on ya feet."

"Only because my friend taught me. He also taught me to use the rapier," Beatrix explained

"That the same friend from before?" Julie asked, intrigued.

Beatrix nods.

"Ya talk 'bout him a lot. Ya like him?" Julie asked, teasingly

Beatrix's face turns bright red.

"N-no." Bea stammered.

"That's cute," Julie said, chuckling.

"S-so is he." Beatrix said silently.

"‘Ah heard that."

Beatrix looks away embarrassed.

"'Ight well we off track get inta position. ‘Ah'll get inta mine." Julie said.

The 2 get into a battle pose. Julie holding a wooden replica of Ingenium. Beatrix in her battle pose as well. They look at each other.

"When ever ya ready." Julie said.

Beatrix nocks an arrow, and fires. Julie deflects it with her sword. Beatrix continues to fire at Julie with no clear improvement, the Black Widow keeps hitting the arrows away. Julie charges quickly at Beatrix, who flies into the air. The Malenterian grabs her by the talon, the Raven is slammed into the ground. Beatrix attempts to recover but fails when Julie hits her back down, she then dashes again at Beatrix when she stands, hitting her in the back with her elbow and trips her, taking her legs out. Bea tries to leg sweep Julie from being on the ground but fails and is grabbed by the leg and tossed up. Unable to correct herself fast enough to fly, Beatrix is punched in the face by Julie too. Beatrix falls to the ground and slowly gets herself up. Julie looks at Beatrix. She adjusts her glasses. Julie has a sinister looking smile on.

"Ok then. Let’s have some fun... yeah?" Julie said chuckling evilly.

Beatrix is unnerved and begins sweating. Julie takes her glasses and throws them, they are caught by Ierra.

"'Ah'm gettin inta it now," Julie said her head slowly being tilted downward.

Beatrix tries to knock an arrow but Julie throws her sword at Beatrix. This hits her in the stomach Julie runs up to her as Beatrix tries to recover. Julie smashes her elbow against Beatrix's jaw. Julie then grabs wood Ingenium and hits her in the hip with it. She lands multiple hits with Ingenium, continuing her onslaught. When finished with her combo, Julie kicks Beatrix away. She recovers mid air.

"Glistening Starshine!" Julie yells with a competitive tone.

Julie fires a sphere of dark magic at Beatrix. When it hits her it generates a shockwave, forcing the Aviarian to the ground. Beatrix lands in the center of the training grounds. The large Malenterian jumps up and shoots two rings of darkness from her fingers.

"'Ah don't play around, birdie," she said after she lands. "Ya don't think fast enough."

Beatrix is forced into the ground. Julie points her wooden sword at the raven after she lands.

"I'm out," Beatrix said.

Julie smiles and the Rings of Divine Capture disappear from Beatrix's body, Julie helps the dark feathered bird up.

"Glistening Starshine is a dangerous move. 'Ah usually make it explode after my opponent is in it but 'Ah don't wanna hurt ya too much." Julie said.

Emarru is looking at Julie.

"When we spar you go easy?" The Swinovo woman asked, she seemed annoyed by something.

"Why'd 'Ah go all out?"

Beatrix, with her ruffled up feathers and bleeding beak, stands up. Emarru is clearly irritated with Julie's reaction. But that also calls into question, how strong is she really?

"You use a lot of Light magic I see," Beatrix said, wiping her cracked beak. "Interesting"

"How did you even make it through all that, darling?" Ierra asked.

"‘Ah wasn't hitting her very hard. Ah went easy," Julie said.

Beatrix, Ierra, and Emarru are shocked at this statement. "EASY!?" Beatrix thought.

"How old are ya?" the Black Widow asked.

"Why?"

"Just wanna know."

"I'm about 29." Beatrix said.

"Ahh. 'Ah though ya where a kid."

Beatrix is confused why Julie would think this then she realizes she's small compared to her, at 4'9" She gets slightly irritated

"Let's get ya patched up now."

"It's fine, let's just sign me up." Beatrix said.

0