Chapter 17: Calm After The Storm
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the training grounds of Moonshine Run Celeste and Ierra watch as Jason spars against Drav'dornuss. The battle is hand-to-hand only. Drav'dornuss is constantly off guard when Jason swings at him, though he moves out the way and is not really ever hit. Ierra watches in interest, unsure how Drav'dornuss could be on the weaker end but still hold his own with out throwing a punch. In her mind, the brown Bunnisarian Celeste is keeping up with the battle closely.

"I think Jason has this, he has Drav'dornuss against the ropes and he's not throwing a punch," Ierra said, trying to strike a conversation with rabbit.

"He sucks hand-to-hand."

Ierra is shocked. She honestly couldn't say she expected the Bunnisarian to speak.

"Exactly." Ierra said.

"I meant Jason" Celeste corrected.

"Oh? How so?" The fair skinned Elf asked.

"Drav'dornuss is most likely a trained soldier, which is why Jason cat really hit him. He's not taking the fight seriously which is also why he hasn't thrown a punch at all. Jason's experience in hand-to-hand looks like he has plenty but its all experience and not from teaching. This fight is basically a street rat against a martial artist." the brown rabbit explains.

The Lockwood Elf watches the fight and notices that Celeste was right. The Klikan man  had a look of annoyance on his face as he tried his best to hit Drav'dornuss. He'd get so close to punching the Malenterian but still fail in doing so. Drav'dornuss on the other hand would continue dodging and weaving past his punches with a grin on his face. The fight was a joke to him, a time to tease Jason. Deep within himself, the Klikah was annoyed. Thinking he was initially going to overpower the Malenterian Drav'dornuss just to be toyed with like this.

"Is that all the Butcher of Dyhevan can do?" Drav'dornuss asked calling out to Jason as he now starts to knock his hands away.

"Alright. You win here Drav'dornuss."

The Malenterian soldier smiles and chuckles. Jason is confused and looks at him as he laughs. Ierra and Celeste also watch the events unfold in curiosity.

"I haven't won until you've hit me. Telegraph your moves less."

"Hes teaching me," The grey haired man thought. Jason begins swinging on Drav'dornuss again.

 

***

 

Later in the day, Beatrix is in the equipment room looking through her things. She's wearing a white shirt made for Avarians. She's not searching for anything in particular.

"I need a new bow," The Raven said to herself.

"I know a good place," A male voice said from behind Beatrix. The black feathered Aviarian turns to face the voice. Standing there was the male half of the De Leon Twins, Jack. He stood there in a pair of blue pants and black shirt. He stands there looking at the Aviarian. Never having never seen one of her kind before Jack was interested in learning about Beatrix. The Yanjung sits on a bench near him.

"I can take you there if you'd like."

Beatrix smiles sweetly and nods. 

"You are quite nice to a new recruit like me. You don't look too bad either," Beatrix said. She had expected the Witches to be harsher.

"I have no reason to be mean to you. But also, please lay off the flirtation. I have a girlfriend already," he said with a chuckle.

"Oh, my bad. Is she here?" The Raven asked, trying to learn about her new companions.

Jack shakes his head. That question sparked a realization within him, its been a while since he saw his partner last.

"She's not part of us, though she knows that I work for the Night Witches."

Beatrix is surprised. Someone who actively supports the Night Witches that isn't apart of them. "Of course there'd be people like that, that's where the new members come from," The bird woman thought.

"She believed in the old goal of the Night Witches. Mainly because we both planned on getting married and having children of our own in the future."

"Aww how sweet," Beatrix said. "You look very young though, that's quite a mature thought process."

"It was wasn't it?" Jack thought to himself. He smiles, a small amount of confidence filling within him.

"What's the Old Night Witches goal exactly?"

"It doesn't matter, its long gone. Lets get you that bow," The Yanjung said walking out of the Armory.

Beatrix followed, her feathers moving with the motion of her walking as she does. "The Night Witches old goal. What is it?" Beatrix thought to herself.

 

***

 

Julie is in the Guild room talking to Shane about his responsibilities in the guild. Julie is out of her bloody outfit and in something more comfortable; A green shirt that fits perfectly with the word "THICK" on it and black sweat pants. Shane is wearing a pair of new blue pants and a grey shirt. Julie's looking off to the side.

"Bein' apart of us ain't gonna be easy. ‘Ah won't always be there ta hold ya hand. Ya gotta do things yaslef or ya get in trouble." Julie explained.

Shane nods looking at Julie's shirt, trying to not to laugh.

"Suggest things ta me personally, don't hog food. All that kind of crap."

Shane nods again.

"Now that that's over let’s talk 'bout ya sisters," She said.

Julie looks at Shane and adjusts her glasses. The Malenterian snaps her fingers and Shane looks up at her. Julie points to her face and looks irritated.

"Eyes up here kid. Get ya hormones in check." She said sternly before realizing the shirt she had been wearing. She look down at it, her glasses slightly falling foreword and a section of hair coming over her shoulder. "Oh, right. My shirt,"

Shane snickers slightly. The Night Witch boss found herself wondering if this was about the situation of if Shane had slowly been setting aside his hate of her for being Malenterian. Was it friendly or just simply that he had found it funny? What ever the case She decided to keep it light hearted. Julie chuckled.

"Forgot ah had this on really. It's all ah had. Anyway Shane, ah have a plan on how ta revive ya sisters."

Hearing that, the 25 year old Goxian went silent and got serious. Now was not the time for jokes.

"What is it?" The Goxian questioned.

"not sure when, Ah just have a plan that might work. There's an Omega Daemon near us."

Shane looked surprised. He thought that the Daemons and Fairies where legends. Folktales told by parents to keep kids in line when it comes to wishing about things. In the legends, the Daemons would grant a wish but twist it to be terrible and would do so as a punishment to those who where greedy and bad. The Faeries would only grant the wish of those who where good. In other legends, the faeries would aid a hero on their journey. Both Faeries and Daemons where large Fairies capable of almost anything in the world of magic. If anything was able to bring Shane's sisters back, it would be a Fairie or Daemon.

"And no matter what. Ya ain't gonna leave us, that's what ya agreed ta."

Shane nods, understanding his end of the deal. Rather or not he would make good on it of course had yet to be seen. The Malenterian was suspicious that he would try something and leave, she would not allow that to happen of course. Shane glances at Julie's shirt again and snickers. The sepia skinned woman looks at Shane then her shirt, rolling her eyes.

"'Ight 'ight. Shut up 'bout the fuckin' shirt. Ierra got it for me," she chuckled.

"Sorry. It's just..."

Julie tilts her head toward Shane.

"Was that a "sorry" ah just heard?"

Smiling slightly, shane looks away. the thought f Julies green "THICK" shirt keeping him near a chuckle.

"Shut up."

"There it is," Julie smiled.

The Malenterian gets up and looks out the window in the guild room. She had wanted to glance around and ease her of the experience from yesterday. In her brief escape she had realized that in just a few days the Night Witches had gained 2 new members. The guild was growing fast, and soon she may have to deal with 3 more members from Shane's sister's. If felt odd, almost like something deep down was telling her that this is all going to come into is brought to a strange twinkle in the skies of Roan. This wasn't too strange as Roan had rings around it, making days shine brightly and seem like there where stars present even during the day. No, this twinkle was far more radiant than that of Roans rings. What's more, this twinkle was not near the rings either, no it was alone. Singular in the sky. Looking at it Julie had a feeling of alienation. As if she was being singled out by something, being watched, observed.

"Shane, can you check this out? Ah aun't sure if ah'm seein things."

"What do you mean?" He asked, walking over. Shane looks up to the Star in the Day and instantly realizes what Julie meant.

"Oh. That's what you meant." 

The Malenterian heads to the kitchen finds Ierra there, drinking her usual thick red wine.

"Hello darkling," Ierra said sweetly. "I see you're wearing the shirt I got for you a while ago,"

Julie walks next to her to the coffee machine and gets a cup of coffee. 

"Hey Ierra, ya see the strange star in the sky?" She asked.

Ierra sips her drink and nods. She's wearing a nice red shirt and black pants like Julie. She also has on a sun hat with a pink ribbon around the base.

"Been there for a while. Saw it out there yesterday getting this hat from a friend."

Julie stops.

"Ya went outside?" Julie asked.

"I was sure ta be safe," Ierra said smiling, her teeth stained slightly red from her strange wine.

Julie nods slowly, then sips her coffee.

"Imma go ask the others about the Star," The Malenterian said.

"Alright."

Julie walks off to question the other members about the mysterious star. Her mind wondering what it is and what it could mean. Though the feeling of being watched has never once left her.

0