Chapter 18: Past Reminders Call For Present Evolution
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julie and Ierra walk into the main room. Shane and Rose are sitting on the couch. The Malenterian woman walks to her daughter and lays a hand in her curly white hair. Ierra follows with a smile.

"Hi sweetheart."

Rose looks up at her mother, holding Mr. Cuddles. A tuft of hair shaped like her mother's falls to the side of her head, revealing both of her pale blue eyes.

"Hi Mama. Hi Auntie Ierra." Rose smiled widely.

"Hello Rose. You look pretty today." Ierra complemented.

"Thank you. You do too."

"You're such a sweetheart, Rose," Ierra smiled.

Julie pats Rose's head and looks at Shane after. She had been thinking hard about a way to possibly help Shane. "Reviving the dead," the Night Witch leader thought to herself, rubbing her daughters head. "That's Impossible, at least for a human. But maybe-"
Rose tugs at her mother's arm for her attention, realizing she's spaced out. The curly haired Malenterian looked down at her daughter. Her pristine white hair now messed up on the top of her head from her mothers rubbing.

"Mama, you messing up my hair," Rose said.

"'You're' Rose," The mother corrected.

"You're messing up my hair."

Julie chuckles and takes her hand off her child's head. Rose runs off to find a brush and fix her hair. Julie looks at Shane, to which the Goxian looks back. She wasn't sure if Shane was worth the trouble of what she had planned yet, as a matter of fact she wasn't completely sure if she even wanted to do it. Being honest with herself, Julie had the temptation to lead Shane on with his sisters for a bit and then not help him the end as a punishment for how he had treated her, "That sounds better. Ah don't need ta take this crap," She thought.

"is there something wrong?" Shane said in a cold tone, the warmness from before had melted away.

"there it was again," The Malenterian thought to herself. "This is the attitude I'm sick of, I'll get back at his ass for it though."

"Not really. Just that attitude of yours."

The red haired Goxian looks away and huffs. Ierra smacks his head with a roll of paper.

"You have no respect for people in power."

Shane holds his head and looks at Ierra pissed off. "She's not shown respect for me at all!"

Julie lays a hand on her left hip and adjusts her glasses. She puts her weight on her left leg.

"Who was it that nursed ya back ta health?"

Shane is silent realizing the error in his statement. In this moment, Shane had wished he hadn't spoken. Though, as per usual, having no humility he does not own up to it and remains silent. Ierra looks over at her Malenterian boss to see her reaction to the Goxian's silence. The curly haired Night Witch leader grins knowing that she had won. Though they may argue and fight often, Julie had no such hatred for Shane, but for the way he had acted and treated everyone around him. And it is for that that she has decided to withhold her end of the bargain.

"That's what I thought." Julie said in much of a sassy tone.

Ierra smiles. Hearing Julie's confidence always gave some inspiration and motivation to her. Being what can be described as a fan of her large Malenterian friend, the fair skinned Elf always felt at home and comfortable around Julie. Shane scoffs angrily, looking away from Julie. Showing disrespect once again to the Infamous villain.

"You should treat mama better. If it not for her, you be hurt outside." Rose said in her stuffy voice. the White haired child of Julie holds Mr. Cuddles close to her chest and stands in front of Shane looking him dead in the eyes.

Shane was not unnerved by any of this in the slightest, in fact he was annoyed. Annoyed at the fact that a mere child thinks that they can tell him how to act, not just a child, a Malenterian child. Though he couldn't bring himself to completely hate Rose for some strange reason. He had begun to feel that he was losing sight of what they did to his home. How the soldiers destroyed his town and ravaged his sisters and mother, killing them after such horrid acts. Yet still when reminding himself, he had no hatred toward this child.

"Say sorry!" Rose stomped on the ground and puffed her cheeks out angrily. 

Having realized he won't be left alone, Shane sighs and looks at his Dark skinned superior. "Im sorry," He said in a feigned tone.

"you're faking it!" Rose stomps again. At this, Shane felt oddly compelled to find it within him to genuinely apologize to Julie. He takes a moment to build up the ability to do so.

Shane looks the malenterian mother in her icey blue eyes. they seemed to almost glow sometimes. "Im sorry," The Goxian said in a more honest tone.

Hearing an apology, although somewhat forced, from shane put a smile on the dark skinned leaders face. If not from the validation, from the fact that he tried it in a slightly genuine manner. In her mind she had begun contemplating if she should ealy withhold her end of their bargain, but eventually brings herself away from the thought. He had still been inconsiderate toward her and needed to learn his lesson.

"It's fine, Shane. just do remember who saved your life." Julie said in a soft yet slightly scolding tone.

"Your people are the reason why im here in the first place," The Goxian egged on. believing the fault of his family's death and his sisters destruction to be at the fault of the malenterian race.

"Whatever you believe, 'Ah saved ya. That should at least earn me as an individual respect of some kind." 

The red haired man looks down for a moment to think. "That's true," he admitted to himself in thought. "My towns attack may have come from the Malenterians. But Julie herself isn't anything like what I imagined them to be." Shane forces this thought process, afraid that all this was some trick by Julie. he looks back at where Julie was standing previously. The Night Witch leader is gone. To her the conversation was done and there was nothing more to talk about. Rose pokes the white skinned man's cheek from his left, prompting him to look at the small white haired child. Rose really was just a small Julie with white hair. It was almost as if he was looking into his boss' past when looking at her daughter. Rose holds up a stuffed animal to Shane, a cat.

"Can you pway wif me?" Rose asked  cutely. Her voice, as always, sounding as if her sinuses were congested. Shane is silent for a moment and lokos at Rose before signing.

"Sure," the Goxian said.

With much excitement, Rose hands him the cat and runs off to get Mr. Cuddles. They play a game together where the cat Shane plays as is Mr. Cuddles' mom. Shane's cat is found to have some unbelievable power within her body during the game. And mr. Cuddles is special as well, being made by someone very powerful as well. But the game doesn't last too long as Shane grows bored quickly. 

***

In the back of the base, in the training grounds is Sav'akk. Shes training with Drav'dornuss. Though her reptilian-like body be large, she can move rather quickly. She's shocked at even her ability. "Gaining weight hasn't slowed me down at all," She thought to herself as she dodges one of Drav'dornus's attacks.

"You're not too bad, despite your size. Wait, hold on. That's not what I meant!" Ther Malenterian soldier said, realising his mistake.

Offended, Sav'akk looks at Drav'dornuss. Fearing the worst, Drav'dornuss prepares for the beating of a lifetime. The Malenterian swallows hard as the hulking mass of yellow scales that makes up Sav'akk barrels toward him. Sav'akk punches Drav'dornuss in the face causing him to have a bad nosebleed. Watching from the sidelines, Jack laughs.

"You deserved that one Dra'vdornuss," Jack chuckles.

"You bastard! Watch what you say to me or I'll kill you next time!" the Rapterickian roard with fury.

Drav'dornuss nods and holds his nose, accepting the blame of what he's done. He looks at Jack.

"What are you doing out here, kid?" The Malo warrior asked. Despite usually being used to be a disrespectful term, Drav'dornuss always meant "kid" to be be frinedly.

"Mama told me i should come out and train, she said she was going to train with me but then for some reason backed out when she looked out here."

Sav'akk was unsure of why exactly Julie had passed up on the chance to spar with Jack so suddenly. only her and Drav'dornuss where out here. Drav'dornuss has an idea of why Julie seemed to act strange around him but wasn't too sure. The Malenerian's sheepish attitude was much unlike her usual powerful and sassy self. He was sure she hadn't him for multiple reasons.
In that moment Beatrix flies over after having just done 3 laps around Moonshine run as an initiation test. The same as Celeste, Ierra was taking her test and marking down the Raven's feats.

"Not bad for speed, Darling. Those 3 laps around the base where equal 1 mile. and you did it in about 4 minutes." The pale vampire aid, wearing a very large sun hat on her head to keep her in the shade. Ierra always seemingly cared about maintaining her pale skin complexion. "Celeste did better by a whole 2 and a half minutes"

"I'm nothing to write home about." Beatrix said admittedly.

"But," Ierra said. "Your precision test was wholly positive."

"what did she get?" Asked the the warrior, Drav'dornuss.

"Out of 25 arrows shot, she had a bullseye on 22 of them. Doing the math that is an accuracy of about 88%. No where near me who has 96%, having missed only one arrow." Ierra smiles, having prided herself on her impeccable eyesight an accuracy.

Ierra's moment of bragging had made the dark feathered bird realize she was nothing special. She had felt she was undeserving of any spot in the Night Witches. She was nothing compared to the likes of Ierra Fauna Galis or Celeste Marie Nomrosa, who, as a constant reminder, was the Bunnisarian that had trained the speed hero Alveta.

"You're in," The elf said to beatrix's shock.

"Really? But you said-"

"You may not be much compared to them, but we look for spirit more than anything, though your performance does have weight." Dra'dornuss chimed in. Jack and Sav'akk nod in agreement.

Jack remembers his initiation back when it was just Julie, Ierra, and an Arrintarian woman named Sucreshia. Compared to his sister who had scored a crisp 6;04 on the Mile run and scored well in other areas as upper body, lower body, and her sparring matches, jack had done abysmally poor. He took around 11 minutes to run the mile run and failed his spar. Beatrix nods.

"I will train myself to do better," She said.

"That's all that's needed," The Malenterian warrior chuckled.

Jack looks back into the kitchen at Julie.The Malenterian woman hides there, watching them. Jack wondered why exactly Julie backed out of their spar, perhaps she had remembered something. He shrugs it off off and turns around, talking to the others.

0