Chapter 20: Reminders
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day prior the attack, Julie meets the whole guild in the Mission room. Everyone is sitting and talking to each other as they wait for their leader to come in. The boss comes in orange fluffy pajama pants and a big blue, fluffy robe that is slightly tied, causing the top of her large breasts to be exposed. It was too early in the morning for her to really care. Her curly black hair hair is all messed up, though her tuft that curced over her face was in perfect shape. Beneath Julie's ice blue eyes you could see bags of restlessness. Julie had a mug of coffee with the words "World's Best Mom" on it as she makes her way to the front of the table. Once she sets the mug down everyone had began flooding their leader with questions. It was overwhelming, she wasn't a morning person. Slamming her bug on the table and spilling some things, everyone stops talking and watches her silent, the message was clear.

"One at a fuckin' time," the boss spoke sternly, there was no patience to spare.

Shane looks at Celeste for a moment. Celeste has never seen Julie this way yet, though she was still rather new. Celeste made a mental note to keep off Julie's bad side in this state. Though, as usual, Shane didn't care about his leaders feelings.

"Darling are you ok?" Ierra piped up, concerned for her dear friend. Ierra had woken up before anyone and had already gotten in her guild outfit.She was so very dedicated to Julie.

Julie looks at Ierra with a blank expression and adjusts her glasses, sitting back in her luxurious black chair. It was comfy, Julie could feel sleep slowly creeping around her body, cradling her and calling her back. Though she stood firm and didn't give in.

"Ah may not have slept in these past 3 days. Might be a few holes but, it's all 'ah got."

"Boss, your robe," Emarru spoke up, telling julie of how her furred blue cloak of concealment had slightly fallen around her shoulders now.
"Thanks Emarru."

Julie fixed her robe up to cover her body completely now. "yall readers aint gettin that show yet" Julie thought to herself with a smirk.

"Now, ‘Ah plan on bringin' Sav'akk, Shane, Ierra, and Beatrix."

Beatrix was excited to fight back against Dolland. He had ruined her and her close friends home in the GeoTax guild.

"Why not bring me along? I know the entire castles layout." Emarru spoke up.
"Ya told me it before, remember?"

Emarru goes to say something but stops. Julie doesn't mind this and sips her coffee, giving herself another hit of caffeine. Hopefully it does her good in the meeting.

"What's the plan?" Asked Sav'akk, sitting back relaxed.

Julie finishes sipping her coffee and holds the mug in her hand. She sits up and adjusts herself in the seat to be more comfortable.  Every time she had shifted her body her robe would become ever so slightly more undone. Despite everything being decently covered up, Ierra can tell Julie hadn't bothered to put a bra on before heading over. Beginning her explanation on the plan she has, the curly haired woman points to the sky and makes a circling motion with her finger.

"Bea is arial support. Y’all need help, it's her job to strike from up there." She explained. 

Julie turns to Bea and leans over to show how serious she was.

"Do not, ‘Ah repeat. Do not. Use those sky melodies or whatever without a warning or without being asked."
"Understood." The Raven nodded with a smile.
She knew she could handle this job, it wasn't all too hard.

"Sav'akk, ya and Shane will have ta distract the front gate soldiers and take care of them, allowing me time to get over the wall. Then you cut through the courtyard and find ya ways in through a low window, meet us on the balcony over the main entrance." She further explained.

Shane chuckles, thinking the plan outrageous. Jack, Sav'akk, and Drav'dornuss look over as they already see what's coming.

"That wall is 20 feet tall. You really think-"
"
Shut the fuck up. 'Ah aint dealin' with ya shit this mornin." The Malentrian mother said, jerking in Shane's direction to prove a point.

The red haired Goxian consceeds and goes silent to let Julie finish, also not wanting to deal with an argument so early. Though most of the members have looked away from their leader. Her robe had loosened and begun revealing some of her chest again. She notices and fixes her fluffy clothing once more, tying it tighter this time.

"You two will have to find a distraction as ‘Ah get over that damn wall. When inside, ‘Ah'll sneak into the castle as y’all find ya way in too. As said before, meet me and Ierra at the balcony" The dark leader continues on, an aura of exhaustion and confidence coming from her. 

"Easier said than done." Shane said.

Julie looks at Shane in irritation. Ierra was now rubbing her head in frustration having already had enough herself. Sav'akk grumbles and shakes her head at Shane's constant comments.

"‘Ah fuckin' know. La time ya almost got yaself killed, so this time ya better do good or 'Ah'll kill ya"
"You can try." The goxian said annoyedly.
"Fuck this, fuck you, fuck off. Ah'm headed ta bed"

The tired woman begins to make her way out of the room, having said all she needed to when she heard Shane muttering to himself. She stops and looks over to him slowly.

"What was that? Speak up boy ‘Ah can't hear ya." Julie looked over at Shane, challenging him.
"Do you even know your way around the castle?" He asked.
"Someone ain't been listenin'."
"The entire castle. Not just what Emarru told you."

Julie stops for a moment and thinks, while Shade did have a point, and Emarru had pointed this out earlier, the large woman was confident in her abilities.

"The soldiers aren't stupid, like they'd actually fall for that plan." Shane said chuckling.
"‘Ah agree, But-"
"Do you even know where the soldiers are stationed other than the two at the front gate?" He asked.

Julie is silent as she thinks, albeit slowly. "He's got a point" She thought to herself.

"He's got a point." Sav'akk pointed out. Julie gives the Raptereckian a look of malcontent, having just said what she thought.
"We can work around that." The Witch Leader states.
"What if they have more soldiers around the castle? What if they have better armor? Better weapons?" Shane rambled on. Julie couldn't tell if this was meant to purposefully mess with her or genuinely help her. She listens, they were fairly good points and- Oh the caffeine kicks in!

With the stimulant substance now active in Julie's brain she was feeling more awake and thoughtful, though unable to come up with a quick back up plan, This annoys the Malenterian to a high degree. Eventually the powerful woman got so mad to where she ended up squeezing the cup and breaking it with raw strength, shocking everyone in the guild room except for Rose who felt sadness. She had gotten that mug for Julie for mothers day. The coffee inside the mug spilt all over Julie and pissed her off father, in fact it sent her over the edge.

"Shit!" She yelled. "'Ah'm fuckin' done!" Julie walks out of the room, unable to handle what stress she was under. Rose looks at the pieces of the mug and picks them up. So much made her sad; her mother's sour mood, the broken mug, the arguments between Shane and her mom. The day wasn't looking too nice for Rose.

Shane watches the white haired child try to fit the mug pieces together in an attempt to fix it. "White Hair" shane thought to himself, realizing how Rose had looked now, "That's not normal". The other members talk among themselves trying to make slight improvements or find ways they can pull storming the castle off. Ierra notices Shane and speaks up. 

"Boss is rarely like this. Only when she's stressed out."
"She's not good at handling stress," Sav'akk chimed in
"You're telling a man with no interest," Emarru said, adding in her opinion.

Drav'dornuss glares at Shane

"Our peoples aren't on the best of terms," He added.
"She seems to be angry very often in my opinion."

Shane stands up and makes his way to the door. Sav'akk speaks back to the warrior, Drav'dornuss.

"Malenterians that where the victim, and Julie has been nothing but kind to him until he's acted like an ass. He's the issue here."

Shane stops and looks at Sav'akk, not believing what he had heard, Jack watches, hesitant to jump in and speak his mind. Ierra is sitting and bothered with how the guild has become dysfunctional all because of one member.

"Say that again?" The Goxian said, as if to daring it.
"I think she's just tired," Emarru said, trying to deescalate the situation.
"You're part of the issue too, always thinking you can stop the boss' actions by 'Forbidding' them." Sav'akk said looking at the grey haired woman.
"So are we going to just let Jason's issues of mass murder slide?" The tan skinned ninja asked.

Having reached her limit with the bickering, Ierra slams her hands on the table and yells.

"Shut! The fuck! Up! All of you! Why don't we, instead of pointing fingers at everyone, we make the bloody plan?"

Bold as usual, the red haired Goxian goes to speak up.

"And who-"
"I'm the second in command, sit the fuck down and curb your attitude before I feed you to the damn wolves outside," Ierra hissed. Her normally smooth, grey skin is now cracked as well as the purple triangles on her cheeks having grown longer.

Shane didn't know what Ierra was, one thing was certain to him, she wasn't a normal person.

"Now sit, stalik." Ierra insulted, she hadn't even comprehended what she had said, her anger had her on a mental trip in the moment. A slur against Goxians.

Shane sits, seething with anger, of course he'd not enjoy being called such things. Though in stopping he seems to have finally learnt when to stop. From the use of such a word, the room was quiet, no one had expected such things from Ierra who was happy and kind, occasionally flirty as well.

"Now train and stop being children." The midnight black haired Elf said, her face returning to normal.

All the guild members, including Shane, exit the guild room and headed for the training grounds. Ierra grabs the red headed recruit and pulls him aside before he leaves the room. She waits for everyone to become and then speaks"

"You aren't the biggest issue here. But the way you're going, you will"
"Is that meant to scare me?" Shane asked
"A threat would be telling you that hating the boss openly will make me kill you. Maybe use that brain and remember who we are?"

Shane knew this, he had this revelation some few days ago. He ad made a lapse in judgement against Julie so soon after said revelation as well. "If this keeps up I'll never kill her," Shane thought to himself. The Goxian at this time decides to keep himself in check and willing to do what needs to be done. 

"Narcissists don't do good here Shane," Ierra said, looking Shane in the eyes. She had a cold look in them that seemed to hint that she is one of the reasons why that is. After, the long haired elf leaves the room. Shane was by himself now, feeling all was against him.

"I just want my sisters back" He said to himself, reminding himself of his goal. He felt he had lost his way. "But I still want the Widow dead."

 

Some time later, in the training grounds the other members were warming up for the day. Celeste and Beatrix where training against each other, the Avarian working on better aim and the Bunnisarian her speed. Jack would also be training against is twin sister, Jacklynn. Ierra was on the sidelines watching everyone. She'd take mental notes on everyone's current progress as she walked past. The fair skinned woman would keep a close eye especially on the spar between Shane and Drav'dornuss, as she was told about what transpired last time. Her actions earlier weighed heavy on her mind. She felt dirty that she said it. "I can't believe I let myself go that low." Ierra thought she had stopped using that term long, long ago. And she hated the feeling that it came from her throat so naturally.

Jack and Jacklynn had finished sparring at this point and won as usual.

"I can't get a break from my losing streak can I?" The twin brother said, disheartened.
"You'll get there, Bro."Jacklyn said with an encouraging tone.
"I'm thinking master was right, I should have stuck to being an assistant."

Hearing the words of her brother doubt his dream, she feels hurt. To her brother, Jacklynn is a reminder of what he won't and can't ever become. part of him holds some resentment toward her, though he knows it's childish. Jacklynn sits by her brother and rubs his back.

"You'll get better. You didn't start as young as I did, you're still learning."
"I guess that's true," Jack said after a bit of silence, he still viewed himself as inferior to his sister in all ways.
"Hey, hows Lisa?"
"Shes fine, been awhile since I've seen her."
"You should go see your girlfriend soon, I'm sure she misses you" Jacklynn said smiling at her brother, trying to lift his spirits.

The male twin smiles and nods. With that Ierra notices that they have stopped training and yells over to them to get back to it. They do so, much to Jack's discomfort.

***

The next day Julie awakens. She had slept peacefully throughout the entire day. The Malentarian would wake up and see her daughter, Rose, being cuddled up next to her. A nice way to wake up. The young girl would be holding Mr. Cuddles as always. The mother smiles and runs a hand through her daughter's hair to see her sleeping face. The malenterian hated how she would sometime have to sometimes leave before giving her daughter a form of a goodbye. Against what Ierra said the day before, Julie had anxiety of the day she would possibly not return to her little Rose. The child shifts in her sleep and Julie holds her small body in her arms, embracing her daughter in an attempt to comfort herself from the anxiety. For a split moment Julie had contemplated shutting down the attack, shutting down the entire guild.

"For you," Julie had to remind herself of why everything had started. "So the world you live in as a woman will be better"

With that, the Malenterian pulls herself out of bed and away from her daughter. Her daughter was her power, her reasoning. She got dressed in her guild outfit; the sleek one piece she had for her top and her baggy, orange, slightly translucent pants. She also put on the red band on her right arm, a sign of the disease she had beaten sometime ago. Though it was a stark reminder about the hell she had went through then, she wore it in support of those battling the same disease now. Everyone that was attending the raid on the castle had been out in the training grounds when Julie walked out.

"Sav'akk, Ierra. Remember the plan?" Julie asked looking at them both.

They both nod. Both were in Guild attire as well with Ierra's hood up. In truth, Sav'akk didn't much like her guild outfit, it felt terrible against her amber scales. The Raptereck didn't quite like how it was formfit, she didn't want her suit to hug her body, a conversation to have with Ierra later.

Julie turns to Ierra who smiles wide at her best friend.

"Ya gonna stick with me." The witch boss said.

Ierra nods and smiles, she's very excited to join this skirmish with her close friend. Sava'akk puts her mask on. Sav'akk's mask was grey with the bottom cut out to make room for her protruding turtle-esk snout. A blue streak on the mask trails from the eyes halfway down the cheek. Julie looks to her right at Beatrix who is flying in place and watching orders are dished out.

"Bea, ya remember?" The determined leader asked.
"Arial support." the dark raven said determined.

She was wearing her new guild outfit, a war kilt to guard her legs from being shot at and cut as well as shoulder armor made from tan, layered leather. She also wore a leather helmet of sorts that had one sided glass for the eyes to hide her identity from the public eye. The helmet wraps around bea's head and rests on her upper beak as well. The top is sectioned with layers as it curves around the Aviarian's head, giving it the look of spikes that jet out the back of the helmet.

"Perfect. And Shane ya support Sav'akk." Julie nodded

The disrespectful Goxian looks at Sav'akk then nods in confirmation. Having confirmed that everyone knows what their role is, the Black Widow walks to the guild stable and mounts her horse as do Sav'akk and Shane, Beatrix would fly. The rest of the ride is silent until they get to the front of the castle. They all go into an alleyway near the castle and hide their horses there and Beatrix circles the castle in the air and watches the soldiers below. Julie and Ierra head to the wall directly ahead of them, going having a straight shot to their destination. Shane and Sav'akk go to quietly to make their way to the entrance. They hide themselves behind a building as the large 7 foot tall raptereck checks around the corner to see what they are dealing with. The pale skinned boy gets an idea.

"I have the perfect distraction."
"Why do you think I'd follow you?" the Raprereck snarled.

Sav'akk looks at the guards at the castle entrance. There where 2. Shane checks the Alleyway they just got from. A soldier was patrolling and checking the horses out quizzically.

"There's a soldier where we came from, he's checking the horses out." Shane mentioned to Sav'akk.

Sav'akk pounds on the wall and the guard looks over in their direction. Shane gets ready. The guard walks closer to check out the mysterious pounding was. When close enough, Shane hesitates but jumps out to stab the Arrintarian guard with a blade of magic. unsurprisingly the guard had armor that was infused with magic in it, so it stopped the raw magic blade from cutting him. Sav'akk growls and grabs the guards face and squeezes, crushing his head in her hands with raw strength. Shane was shocked. The strength Sav'akk displayed. He was sure to take a mental note.

"Alright. Now for the gate," The red mohawked woman said.
"Y-Yeah. Lets go" Shane was scared now, seeing the lack of remorse for taking a life Sav'akk displayed proved to him that Ierra's words where valid.
"If you fuck up. I'll kill you."

That sentence does it in, He was outmatched. There's no way he could kill the Widow. Shane got it through his mind, he was the weakest member. And he believes Sav'akk to be the strongest.

"O-On to my plan" the Goxian said a little scared.
"What do I do?" Sav'akk questioned, intrigued.
"Sneak around the otherside of the building closest to the wall, rush out and use your strength to take the guard out when the time is ready. I'll take the other down with a well placed attack and bam, we got the gate cleared."

Sav'akk nods. He walks out of the alleyway. Sav'akk hides the dead guards body in a trash bin and makes her way down the alley toward the wall, same direction as Julie and Ierra though the two are gone. Shane waves at the Gate keepers and walks over. He was nervous. "I don't want to kill kill anyone. I hated doing so in my test with Julie," Shane thought to himself.

"Y-You guards know the way around Arrintar I bet. Im touring here from Bronok and am looking for a place with some good drink. You wouldn't happy to know where a good pub is would you?" Though nervous, it helped him here. Shane had looked like an anxious newcomer to the soldiers.

The guard on the left side of him steps up to Shane and points to the left.

"Down there is one of the best pubs around. It has a red roof and brown walls. It's called Frankie's. Can't miss it" the guard said with a smile.

Sav'akk rushes up to right guard and punches him hard. the guard on the left goes to react and Shane falters. The smile of the guard threw him off. These were people. People with lives, people with families. Sav'akk slams the guards head against the wall, crushing his skull and starts to drag them off for hiding.

"Now I have a reason ta come here, Frankie's thanks bud." Sav'akk gently smacks Shane's shoulder and heads through the gate, into the courtyard of the castle. Shane was left contemplating if this was all worth it. His gusto the past few days he's been here now gone and broken. All this for the possibility to revive his sisters, would they even still love him after the horrifying things he's helped with?

"Keep up pip squeak!" Sav'akk growled annoyed.

With that, Shane follows the large hulking woman.

***

 

On Julie and Ierra's side of things, They came across a single guard that was patrolling the length of the wall. They were pacing a distance of about 20 feet. Ierra uses Illusion magic, a specification of Light magic, to vaguely cloak herself as she runs up to the guard and stabs them in the side of the neck with her knife. 

"Nice thinking, Rusa." the Widow praized, using Ierra's guild name so they don't get identified
"Thanks darling." The grey Elf ceases the usage of her cloaking magic. "Thats so hard to maintain. If I went longer I'd be stuck with Light Blight."

Black Widow nods and checks out the wall. It was a stone mass that was quite tall. 25 feet. Shane was wrong and she knew.

"Can't have that. Ah need ya in peak condition. Lets get over this bitch"

Ierra, showcasing incredible agility, leaps to the top of the wall and looks at the field between them and the castle. It was a solid 120 yards (109.728 Meters). "Wed have to make a mad dash to get there quickly. But there's so many soldiers on the way. We'd have to be sneaky." Ierra thought.

"Darling, this isn't exactly a walk in the park."
"That's what makes it more fun, Rusa." Julie said as she made some of the wall protrude out slightly using rock magic. It gave her ledges to climb up from. After she reaches the top of the 25 foot tall structure, she moves the protrusions back to make the wall smooth again and looks at the field before her.

"Rusa ya pretty strong and fast. Why don't ya carry me?"
"I didn't think of that." She said as she hopped down to the ground just below them.

The large Malenterian follows suit, landing beside Ierra. With a nod to the other, Ierra kneels to let the Witch leader on her back. To her, the boss was only as heavy as full back pack. With that, Ierra speeds off in a blur to the castle. All 120 yards pass by in around 5 seconds, though near the end Ierra slows down to make it so Black Widow doesn't fly off her back when she stops. Once they do, the determined guild leader gets off the quick Elf's back and looks up at the white stone castle. They were just under a window. Ierra displays her agility again by jumping into it. Widow however, uses wind magic to levitate herself up to the window. Taking a deep breath after almost over using her magic.

"Now to find the Bastards room." Black Widow said in determination, looking around the room.
"Can't be too far, right?" The Lockwood Elf queries, also checking her surroundings.

They find themselves in a room with a large bed, which had been covered in rose petals. Though they looked dead, proving the room hadn't been used too often with that and all the dust around it. The bed had curtains around the sides of it. its clear this room was meant to have a romantic feeling to it in its prime. There was a dresser against the wall their window entrance was. Ierra felt ill the things they might find in there. It was clear what this was.

"Seems we in his fuck room." The Widow groaned disgustingly.
"Looks unused since the last king." Ierra observed silently.
"He may be a war startin' asshole but he don't cheat on his wife at least." 

Ierra notices a guard walking the hall in front of them and locks her sight onto them. Being an Internal Night Guard he didn't have Armor, none of them did. Instead they had strong protective cloth and leather parts over the chest dawning the crest of Arrintar kingdom.

"Credit where it's due at least. We have an ING." The pale scout informed, pointing to the current threat.

The Night Witch leader looks over and takes out a knife she keeps on her lower leg, and quietly sneaks toward them. The floors was carpet, allowing Julie better movement in the dampened noise. She gets behind the guard, kicks his knee out and drags him into the room as Ierra lightly closes the door. The Elf woman then pulls out the large knife on her side holster and presses it against the guards stomach, Black Widow with her knife to the guards throat.

"King's room." The guild leader demanded, a tone harsh and cold coming from her throat.
"You aren't getting anything from me" The guard's defiance to the woman's demands spoken clear.

Ierra, to aid her friend in this interrogation, presses the knife against the guards stomach harder. Liking her elf compatriots direction, the Widow applies pressure to the neck, urging the sincerity of their promise to kill if he doesn't speak.

"Where is the king’s quarters?" the fair skinned elf asks with an annoyed hiss.

The guard goes to yell, and in slight desperation for maintaining the cover they have, Black Widow stabs the guard through the neck, Ierra stabbing his stomach.

"It's never as easy as asking a question" The widow seemingly complained.
"Darling the walls are soundproof." Ierra points out, pointing to the noise dampening panels on the walls.
"Well whatever, lets go"

The feeling of uselessly taking someones life hits Julie's psyche hard. Julie understands life she takes, and tries to make it more motivation for her goal. All those she kills aren't just obstacles, they are victims. Her victims. 

Having no time to look back on, Widow moves into the hallway and looks around for another guard. There were none around them, giving her and Ierra the ability to move down the hallway without getting caught. They get to the balcony. There they look out to the field before the castle, searching for Shane and Sav'akk. And boy did they find them, surrounded by guards.

"Damn it." The Widow growled, slowly gauging if they can handle it of need help. they neeeded help even with Sav'akks muscle. There was a new kind of soldier Black Widow never saw before. They were large and muscular, as tall as Sav'akk. The large soldier was even keeping up with the Rapterecks power

The two jump out the window and rush to the gathering. As they run to the group Ierra shoots arrows off. Beatrix does as well shooting 2 arrows at once every 3 seconds with her talons. With them both there's a considerable rain of arrows on the soldiers. Though it barely affects the horde of guards. Sav'akk is punching and clawing at the larger soldier, getting hit at the same time. Shane moves around a lot often trying to keep away from the soldiers, though he gets ganged up on be some soldiers. The Widow sends a small beam of light through the gaggle of guards around the Goxian.

"Mind 'Ah join the fun?" The widow said, gaining the guards attention. A flip switched and seemingly the guards are contemplating life choices, but this was the kings life they were fighting for, they cant and wont just simply run.

Black Widow looks at the smaller guards as Sav'akk fights hers. Ierra is switching between hitting with her bow and shooting. Shane is now fighting with a sword instead of running, he's not really making any advances to kill, only to injure. Widow slices one guard that would have otherwise cut Shane badly. She protects him in this large battle. Black Widow envelops her sword in Dark Magic, lifts her sword to the sky and slashes. Dark crescent shaped projectiles in a cone in front of her to cut down other guards. Beatrix herself keeps firing arrows as she zooms around the group of enemies, her skill in precision the best out of everyone's, she lands arrows through the eyes, the hearts, and even shoots out limbs before guards can get off an attack on the other members, the kills she makes also slowly weighing on her mind, but this was for survival. Sav'akk is attacking with all her might, hands bleeding from how much and how hard she is hitting the large soldier. She begins clawing at him instead, smoke billowing from her nose. She channels her Marshtinanian blood and breathes fire from her mouth, melting the soldiers upper body to bone and muscle before they fall to the ground. The soldiers have finally been dealt with after some time. The grass around the Witches tainted red in the blood of their enemies.

It scared Julie slightly, How easy killing was to her now. How she can just let go now. She knows she's went down a horrible path. But she's in too deep now to change it. the Malenterian can recognize that. 2 years earlier, she'd vomit at the sight of this even just on tv, and now she was the cause of it all. She wished things could be how they were then. Internally they all wished they weren't here. But they all had their own reasons as well, and small thought of that was enough to motivate them. For Julie it was Rose, her daughter. For Shane, his sisters. For Beatrix, GeoTax, her previous home. and for Ierra it was Julie.
They all sit on the ground. Sav'akk with bruises and small cuts. Shane, Ierra, and Julie with many more cuts on them. Come clothing on all of them cut up from the scuffle. Beatrix flies down to meet them.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry!" Beatrix frantically said, fearing the Widow's wrath.

The guild's leader looks up to the avian woman and huffs, still catching her breath.

"What happened?" Julie asked.

Beatrix explained, flustered and afraid.

"The big guy was wandering close to Shane and Sav'akk and I couldn't tell them, so I tried shooting him in the head to take him out and he didn't go down. The arrow just stopped against his skin!"

Ierra waved it off.

"It's fine right... darling?" Ierra didn't really hear the last part, she was too busy looking out for other soldiers.
"The arrow stopped against his skin?" Jule asked. The restating of it seemed to get Ierra's attention as she looked at her friend and boss, then Beatrix.

She takes a moment to think about what was said before speaking up.

"The arrow didn't pierce his body?" Ierra asked dumbfounded.
"I know it sounds crazy but thats what happened! I swear!" the Raven shrilled, she was panicking in fear of her life., and high on adrenaline.
"Relax Bea, 'Ah trust ya."

The Widow stands and looks at Beatrix. The Witch boss places her hands on her own back and arches it to crack it.

"Ahh. Much better. Now, 'Ah trust that ya didn't miss or anythin' like that. The question is, what the hell was that big asshole?"

Julie looks at the large soldier that had attacked them just now, wondering to herself the exact question she posed. Shane looks at Julie and notices that she was cut badly, she was also bleeding heavy too. He looks away knowing it was from a hit she probably took protecting him, she must not have felt it. Ierra stays on look out while the others regroup themselves.

"He can't be huma- oh shit" The Elves heart drops as she looks toward the castle. "We need to get the hell out of here!"

The Widow looks at what Ierra is scared about. Worry spreads across her face as she sees more soldiers running toward them accompanied by the larger ones as well. The large soldiers were around 6 to 7 feet tall, some larger.

"Shit shit shit!" Ierra begins running away, slowly becoming a jog
"That's fucking insane!" Shane said standing still.

Julie grabs Shane's arm and pulls him

"Shut up and run."

Sav'akk, before running, blows a fire wall in front of them to block the view of her and the Witches as well as harm the soldiers should they walk through the flames. The lizard looking woman catches up with the others and they all quickly mount their horses, Beatrix firing arrows at the soldiers to slow them. The arrows bounce and break against the larger soldiers body. In a panicked frenzy she sings a song of Beast Haste. This strengthens the horses to sprint faster, allowing the Night Witches a faster escape back to the Jenova woods. Back to Moonshine Run. When they all return, Julie limps inside and holds her mask in her right hand, the others take their masks off and sit on the couch to relax as Drav'dornuss and Jack rush over to help them all. The large Malenterian woman walks over to Jack, trying to stay from Drav'dornuss.

"Mama what happened there?" The Yungjin ninja asked, panicked.
"Big ass soldiers. These where some Big'uns. Never seen them before really. So strong."

The hulking woman that was Sav'akk growls in aggravation and looks at her boss. So much blood was lost on the ride home. The left side of Julie from the hip down was coated in blood, her blood.

"It was hard for me to even kill one. And even then I had to breathe fire and took a bit. Boss protected Shane and got badly cut though."
"Darkling you really should be more careful," Ierra spoke softly, worried for her friends saftey.

The strong minded boss of the Witches waves the worries off. She was feeling confident in her strength. But also feeling rather dizzy.

"'Ahm fine. 'Ah'll be..." Her voice slowly gets softer as the room spins. Julie looks in a direction of the room and believes she sees a woman.

The woman she laid eyes one was wearing an elegant purple dress that had open shoulders and a dark brown corset. Grey skin and light green eyes with long midnight black hair. She had purple bags under her eyes and seemingly had a set of 4 ribs that came out her back and wrapped around to the front of her body. No one else seemed to notice her. Was she there, or was she a hallucination? Julie couldn't tell before she passed out from blood loss. Drav'dornuss and Ierra rush to the med bay to bring back some gauze to wrap her body up. After that was done Drav'dornuss carried her to the med bay to let Julie rest. No one saw the woman.

0