662 No Clue to Be Had
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qiu Ling had no idea that his lackadaisical attitude had caused the people in the sect to have some doubts in their minds. He just strolled back to the ledge where he had been sitting with Jing Yi the other day and confessed to being of the dragon race. He really would have liked to fly back to his side immediately but since his beloved wanted some time alone to interrogate Hong Bao, he could only spend his own time looking through these books. Hmph, they’d better tell him what he wanted to know!

He randomly picked one of them which seemed to be the one he had stolen first and opened the first page. As it turned out, this thing was strikingly similar to the one his beloved had gotten from that Yue Lin. It was also just filled with baseless praises of some ancestor of theirs. It was just that instead of that Duan Gui Ying, the person they were making a fuss about was some guy named Feng Jian Hao.

Qiu Ling pondered for a moment, threw down the book, and took out the others, skimming over the introductions. Just as expected, all of them were similar. It was almost as if the disciples of these people had all sat down together to write these texts. Well, in fact, since they were all living in the same sect together, it wasn’t completely unbelievable that they might have done that. Maybe they just hadn’t known what to write.

In any case, from what he understood, there had originally been four people: Other than that first alchemist Duan Gui Ying and that Huan Yin who was the founder of the Hei Dian Sect, there was this Feng Jian Hao he had just read about who was the first practitioner of the sect and skilled with all kinds of weapons, as well as some cultivator called An Rong.

Later on, two more masters had joined them who were known as the first talisman artist and the first weapon forger. Clearly, their role in the sect wasn’t as important though. These people hadn’t even bothered to write down their names. It could even be that these two might have been original disciples that diverged from the paths their Masters had taken.

For example, weapon forging was something that might have been based upon what that Feng Jian Hao had taught. After all, to use a weapon, you would need to have a weapon, right? So most likely, somebody had started to take an interest in that. And from Qiu Ling’s understanding, talismans and formations weren’t that far apart either.

So maybe there were four original divisions and then several that had been established later on. In any case, there were quite a few divisions in the Hei Dian Sect that were heavily specialized with all those subdivisions. It really wouldn’t be strange if new branches were formed over time.

Well, that currently wasn’t what he was after. No, he needed to find clues about their current plan. But the only thing that stood out to him was how all of the introductions also mentioned some God of Darkness.

Qiu Ling chewed on that name for a while. He usually didn’t pay that much attention to the gods but he at least knew the most important titled gods. He was pretty sure that there was no God of Darkness among them though. Anyway, what would that guy do? Make sure night arrived? He really wanted to laugh at that idea! No, most likely, this was something else entirely. Either some made-up deity or somebody who had pretended to be a god but wasn’t.

Qiu Ling had some ideas but he couldn’t be sure yet. Only the introductions of these books contained actual information on the sect and its founders. As for the rest of these books, they were just information regarding the basics that each division had to learn. None of that was new to him so he didn’t bother to look any closer. He just threw the books back into his spatial ring and then examined the other things he had taken with him.

The robes … well, they were pretty uniform but with different colors. Nothing new there. From what Fu Min had given him as information on the cultivation world, this kind of thing was pretty common. Most sects had a specific color they would use for all their disciples but used different patterns to distinguish outer and inner sect disciples but there were also some sects like the Hei Dian Sect that were a bit more detailed in how they distinguished their disciples. In any case, this wasn’t important for their mission either.

He sighed and then threw the robes back where they came from and instead took out the weapons and the materials for the talismans. Unfortunately, just like with the robes, all of it seemed exceedingly normal. The weapons were clearly intended for beginning disciples. Something they could learn from without having to worry. If something broke, it broke and could be thrown away. Most likely, the disciples would have to get something better on their own, or maybe that weapon forging division and that division of weapon-wielding or whatever it might be called had some kind of deal. In any case, this wasn’t related to the mission.

Qiu Ling packed everything up and propped his chin up on his hand, staring at the Hei Dian Sect down below with narrowed eyes. Just what was going on? Actually, maybe there wasn’t any secret plan at all. But that wasn’t really something that they could report back. No, even if there was nothing to say, they had to make something up. Otherwise, the Sect Master might not believe them. What would they do then?

As soon as that thought appeared, Qiu Ling seriously began to consider it. In any case, forging some evidence was much easier than finding some. In a demonic sect, there should be a problem anyway. He just needed to find something that would make that Yuchi Bing Xia go 'How evil!', conjure up some evidence for it, and turn it in. Then their mission would be solved as simple as that. As for what to choose … well, there was some more time to figure that out but he was sure that he could come up with something.

1