642 A Valuable Spy
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin Ling didn’t get too much insight from what Yin Lin Lin told him. He had already known quite a bit from the time when he had been seducing her and Tai Na. But in any case, he had at least been able to make sure all of the details again so he wouldn’t miss out make anything that might be a valuable clue.

When she finished, he smiled lightly. "Very well. I’m sure that we’ll be able to find out more about him from this. Soon enough, I’ll help you vent your anger." He reached out and gently cupped her cheek but the person he actually thought of was somebody completely else. Oh, he’d definitely help him vent his anger. Until the day that bastard Qiu Ling had nothing left to live for, he would continue to do so.

Yin Lin Lin smiled with satisfaction when her husband gave her this promise. "Well, then the two of us …" She reached out to take his hand, a faint smile on her lips.

Jin Ling pulled himself out of his thoughts in response to that. "Well, I would love to stay but I think it would be best if I dealt with this matter immediately. We have a clue where they are right now so it is a good moment to act. Should they leave that place, it will be as if we were blind, and finding them again might be difficult. That bastard Qiu Ling can’t be underestimated. I really don’t want to risk it."

Yin Lin Lin pursed her lips, not happy with that answer. What was the use of having a handsome husband if he didn’t spend any time with her? But she also wanted to take revenge.

Even if it hadn’t been for this matter of sending her to the mortal realm, she couldn’t help but still feel angry about how she had lost out on her engagement back then because Rong Su finally decided on Bai Fen. And considering how much these two loved their only child, it would definitely hit them the hardest if something happened to him. If he couldn’t finish his trial … well, who knew what the punishment from Tian would be? He might not die after having finished at least a few trials down there but if he lost his magical abilities or one of his senses, that would definitely be quite amusing to watch.

Thinking of that scene, Yin Lin Lin finally nodded. "Very well. Then you go and arrange it. But don’t stay out too long. I’d rather spend time with you than to make this happen. My revenge can wait a bit."

Jin Ling nodded and got up. "I will do my best. If things go well, it won’t be long before I return. Just let me make sure that we don’t overlook anything. You are too important to me to let anything go wrong." He deliberately brightened his smile and then turned around, leaving the room. As soon as the door closed behind him, his expression turned into one of disgust. If he could, he would really want to go and take a bath now but first, he had to finish this. After dealing with one woman, there was still the other one. Who knew if she wouldn’t be able to tell him something else? While it wasn’t likely, he couldn’t leave anything when it came to his revenge.

He sighed and then left his palace, exiting the demon realm and hurrying over to the Nine Heavens. With his eyes narrowed, he found a spot outside of the capital city where hardly any people would pass by, and then send out a message to Tai Na. It would probably be more effective to go over to the place where she was but for one, he didn’t know exactly where she was at the moment, and second, he might be caught. After all, the titled gods in the capital city weren’t just for show. They were quite strong themselves so if he ran into one of them, he might be exposed, and with that her status as his helper as well. He didn’t want to risk that. Even though he didn’t care for her, she was still a useful spy. Even if she couldn’t tell him anything right now, that could change in the future. It was better to retain all options.

Tai Na soon received the message and her expression lit up. It hadn’t been long since she returned but she had been thinking of Jin Ling every single moment since then. She really wished that she could be living it his side like Yin Lin Lin was. How did that woman even deserve that kind of good thing? Clearly, she hadn’t treated him that well. If anyone should be his wife, it should be her, not Yin Lin Lin. But unfortunately, it wasn’t time for that yet. She didn’t doubt Jin Ling’s promises for even a single moment. He would definitely keep true to his words. After all, he loved her, didn’t he?

She smiled sweetly, conjured up a water mirror to check her appearance. She brushed through her hair and smoothed out the wrinkles on her robe before she walked out of the house, going to the place that Jin Ling had indicated in his message.

Unbeknown to her, somebody immediately followed her, taking out a transmission stone at the side to notify the God of Justice about her actions as if they had long waited for this to happen.

Soon enough, the God of Justice followed after them with a group of officials from the Court of Justice and stopped a little away from where Tai Na had gone to meet up with the demon king. He raised his hand, silently motioning for the officials to stop, and then just watched. In any case, it was best to first let her find out what was going on. Then, they could take her in for questioning later on. That way, she would provide the most value.

1