223 Make Sure on Your Own
76 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elder Fa raised her brows when the four of them entered her tent. She definitely hadn’t expected to see Mei Chao Bing so soon again. And she especially hadn’t expected to see one of the Elders of the Teng Yong Sect to come and pay them a visit. "Elder Xing, I guess there’s something important you need to talk about?"

Elder Xing inclined his head. "There is news that we wanted to inform the Zhen Yan Sect about. Also, based on what we found, we’ve been thinking about establishing a better means of communication between our camps. I would like to discuss that with Elder Fa as well. I hope right now is a good moment for that?"

Elder Fa motioned at the chair in front of her desk. "Please, take a seat. Let’s cut straight to the chase. What exactly has happened?"

Elder Xing also didn’t mince his words and told her both about what Kui Min had found out about the alliance of the demonic practitioners and the transportation array.

Elder Fa’s expression turned solemn. "If all of this is true, then that doesn’t bode well for our righteous side. We really need to do something or I’m afraid they will surprise us and we will be without help. I think a transportation array of our own would indeed be the best solution for this."

Elder Xing nodded. "This is what the Teng Yong Sect thinks as well. My suggestion would be for you to take some disciples and follow us over to the array so you can make sure on your own and maybe have them join the investigation. After that, I would like to ask Elder Fa if you would be willing to contact the Jian Chu Sect about this.

"Our Teng Yong Sect’s standing hasn’t been that good recently. About what we had our disciples report the last time, the other sects weren’t able to find anything. I’m afraid the trust in us will have been diminished. So I think it would be best if you could make sure on your own that we aren’t lying and then maybe take action in our stead. Only if this isn’t asking too much, of course."

Elder Fa smiled in return. "You don’t have to worry. I do trust the Teng Yong Sect. If it puts your mind at ease, I will still take a few disciples and accompany you there. In any case, now is not the time to distrust each other. We need to stand together more than ever now." She glanced at the three disciples behind Elder Xing, pondering to herself for a moment. "Well, how about this? I will go and get a few disciples right now and then we can be on our way. The sooner we take care of this, the better."

Elder Xing nodded. "That would be great."

Elder Fa got to her feet and motioned for them to stay where they were. "Wait a moment for me. I will go and organize everything in our camp and then come to get you."

Elder Xing inclined his head and remained seated. In any case, what the other sect did to prepare was something he should not get involved in. Instead, he turned to the three disciples that were waiting behind him. "After Elder Fa has arranged everything, we will all go over to the array. The other disciples from our sect should also be there at that time. After that, I want you to join them in the investigation.

"It could be that Elder Fa will leave some of her disciples with us as well. Take care of them if you can. We don’t want anyone to come to harm but since we were the ones who brought them over, nothing may happen to them especially. Our sect’s reputation might depend on this."

The three disciples nodded solemnly, keeping it in mind. Liu Bao Ru couldn’t help but think that she should probably tell the other disciples of their sect to help with that task when they got there. With all of them working together, it should be possible to keep the Zhen Yan Sect’s disciples out of harm’s way.

On the other hand, Mei Chao Bing especially worried whether they would make it over there in time. He believed that Elder Fa would choose some disciples of a higher level so they shouldn’t be slowing them down. But then again, she also hadn’t been able to get reinforcements from the Zhen Yan Sect, unlike their Teng Yong Sect. So maybe the high-leveled disciple she had at her disposal were not that many and she might need to fill the ranks. Or maybe she just wouldn’t take as many people along. It still remained to be seen. In any case, he really did not want to miss out on this opportunity.

Soon enough, Elder Fa came back. She had five disciples in tow, indicating that she indeed didn’t have as many people there that could be used in this situation. Thankfully, the five were all of a high enough level. The weakest among them seemed to have just entered the late stage of core formation.

"Very well, we’ve prepared everything and can set off."

Elder Xing nodded and the group of nine left together, rushing toward the array.

For the whole way, Elder Xing studied the path ahead of them, slightly furrowing his brows. He had expected that they might be attacked on the way to the Zhen Yan Sect but nothing had happened. He hadn’t even noticed anyone following them.

It was quite strange. What Elder Baili had said before had stayed with him and he did indeed believe that there was a very high chance of it being true. Now though, there was no indication that they were really trying to do what they had expected.

Could it be that all of this was just to mislead them? In that case, he was afraid that they really hadn’t gotten any closer to uncovering the demonic practitioners’ true goal. Well, it still remained to be seen. Right now, he wasn’t sure either if it would be a good thing or a bad thing if Elder Baili’s worries came true.

5