224 Forming a Group
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the group arrived at the array, the disciples of the Teng Yong Sect were already working on restoring the lines. Mei Chao Bing’s gaze flitted over and he silently heaved a sigh of relief. To be honest, he had been worried quite a bit that they wouldn’t make it in time. Now though, he could finally let go of that worry. He wouldn’t have to miss out on being able to investigate himself just what it was that his Master was planning.

Even though there were several new disciples of a high level among the group, Zhi Guan was still the one leading them. When he saw the Elders arriving with the disciples in tow, he stepped forward and inclined his head in greeting. "Elder Xing."

Elder Xing requited his greeting and then motioned toward Elder Fa and her disciples. "Elder Fa and some of the disciples from the Zhen Yan Sect have come to take a look as well. I gather they will accompany you over later on?" He glanced at Elder Fa to see whether or not she was still keeping to that decision.

Elder Fa nodded. "Yes. The disciples are all at least at the late stage of the core formation stage. I guess they shouldn’t be slowing you down and it will help our Zhen Yan Sect to get a fast understanding of what is going on and report back to our sect. I hope this won’t be making any trouble."

Zhi Guan faintly shook his head. "Having more people is good." He didn’t really know what else to say and turned to look at Elder Xing instead.

The two Elders glanced at each other, not quite sure how to continue. At this point, all that was left was to go and see what was on the other side and then report back.

"Well, I’ve seen that there is indeed a transportation array here. I believe my disciples will be able to take care of the rest of the matter on their own. In that case, I will return to our camp already and notify the sect. We will still need the materials to set up our own after all.

"Ah, right, you asked about the Jian Chu Sect. I will take care of that As for the Liu Ren Sect … I’m afraid the distance to them is a little too far. I would prefer it if you could send a message there."

Elder Xing nodded. "Well, maybe I could trouble Elder Fa to write a letter so that they will also know that you are of the same opinion? You could either hand it to me or just send it there but it might be safer if we don’t rely just on spiritual energy."

Elder Fa nodded. "Very well. Give me a moment then. In the meantime, I believe your disciples can just go on. There’s no reason for us to keep them waiting."

Elder Xing nodded and waved for Zhi Guan to do as she had said. In any case, getting the results of this investigation was the most important matter right now. They needed more information. Only if they managed to do that would they have a chance to form a plan to counter whatever it was the demonic practitioners were going for.

The two Elders stood to the side, finishing the matter with the letter while the disciples finished the array, finally turning to look at Zhi Guan to get the go-ahead.

Zhi Guan glanced at the two Elders and then walked over again, informing them that they had finished and could go over.

Elder Xing nodded. "Yes, be careful over there. Make sure that nobody takes any unnecessary risks. While it is important for us to find out more about the situation on the other side, it isn’t worth it to lose your lives over this."

Zhi Guan nodded and then turned back, waving for the other disciples to follow him. They all stepped into the array and imbued a hint of spiritual energy, making the lines of the array light up. Finally, they appeared in the same cave that Zhi Guan and the others had already seen the other time. Once again, nobody else was there and the surroundings were silent.

Zhi Guan drew his weapon just in case and then motioned for the others to spread out. "I’ve already explained the situation before. Now, make sure that you stay together in groups of at least two or three people. Spread out and take note of everything you can find. Should something happen, give a signal so we can reconvene and help each other out."

The disciples nodded and organized into groups.

Mei Chao Bing looked around, trying to find somebody that he could team up with. To his surprise, he couldn’t see Yuan Lei who he had worked with several times before. Yang Wu Huang also wasn’t there but he definitely wouldn’t have wanted to work with him. He was merely surprised that neither of them had been sent over here.

In any case, this left him with a problem. Quite a few of the disciples were close with each other so they naturally found together in a heartbeat, leaving him with not much of a choice. He felt a little uncomfortable and finally spotted Song Mu at the side who had also turned to look at him.

The two of them both tensed up but finally, Song Mu walked over to his side. "Well, how about doing this together?"

Mei Chao Bing smiled wryly. He could imagine something better than to have to work with Song Mu but then again, he didn’t have much of a choice right now. Thus, he finally nodded. "If you don’t mind working with me."

Song Mu just smiled faintly. "There’s no reason to mind. Well, do we need somebody else?" They were two people already so they would qualify as a group but it was still better to pick somebody else as well.

Mei Chao Bing looked around but he wasn’t quite sure who to ask. It wasn’t like he had a good relationship with most people. He probably could have asked Zhi Guan but he also didn’t want to make trouble for him. As the one leading the group, it might be inconvenient for him to come with them.

Before he could make a decision, a person stopped next to them. "I will follow you."

Mei Chao Bing turned around and then slowly raised his brows. The person next to them was none other than Xi Ju Hai, the ex-fiance of his senior martial brother. She was definitely the last person he would’ve expected to approach him.

5