285 A Convincing Report
84 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baili Chao was quite startled to see them like this, especially when he realized that Yun Bei Fen was practicing a skill. Seeing that, he even forgot about his anger.

Seeing the Elder come in, Mei Chao Bing immediately took out a scroll of paper and a jade slip, getting up to hand both of them over.

Baili Chao raised his brows, taking them but not quite knowing what they were. "This is …?"

Mei Chao Bing was a little startled as well when the Elder asked like this. "My report. I did one in writing and then attached a recording of what I remember from that time. I figured that this might lend it more credibility."

Behind him, Shen Lei clicked his tongue. "Now you’re making me look bad. I didn’t have time to write mine yet." Clearly, Mei Chao Bing must’ve done his at the time when he had been watching Yun Bei Fen alone before. Well, most likely, it wouldn’t even take much time. It was just … usually, he had Luo Lin write his reports. He would just tell him what needed to be mentioned and Luo Lin would take care of that for him. Having to do it on his own … he felt a bit unaccustomed.

Baili Chao gave Shen Lei a look but didn’t bother about him and instead took a look at what Mei Chao Bing had prepared. He couldn’t find any problem with it. He had signed the written report and there was even a mention of the jade slip so there shouldn’t be any problem with that side.

As for Shen Lei, well, it wasn’t like he didn’t know this guy. He was pretty well aware that his third disciple usually had a hand in these things when it concerned Shen Lei. Well, he would probably be able to do it on his own as well.

Putting away the first report and the jade slip, the Elder gave him a deep look. "Well, Shen Lei, I guess you should better go and write yours. Actually, looking at what Mei Chao Bing did, it might be good if you prepared a jade slip as well. That might make matters more convincing."

Shen Lei sighed and nodded. "I’m off then." He went to one of the empty rooms and then sat down to work. In any case, he wasn’t like Mei Chao Bing. When doing something like this, he needed things to be quiet and calm and not see some little bunny jump around in front of his face.

Outside, Yun Bei Fen stopped with his practice when he realized that his Master had come by. He looked at him curiously but went to settle down at Mei Chao Bing’s side instead.

Baili Chao’s lips twitched. The years of raising that youth … he felt like they had all been wasted. Well, not that he hadn’t known that from the day he brought him back to the Teng Yong Sect. Clearly, this child had never put him in his eye.

But whatever, that wasn’t important right now. "We will send this information back to the sect with a suggestion to have Yang Wu Huang and Di Huan Bo return to the sect instead of staying here. This still needs the Sect Master’s approval though.

"So it will take a few days before things are finalized. For this time, try not to get into another conflict with them. Right now, the situation is difficult. It would be best to avoid any kind of argument if you can."

Mei Chao Bing nodded but Yun Bei Fen pursed his lips. "You shouldn’t tell us, Master. You should tell them!" Clearly, it was always that Yang Wu Huang who was trying to antagonize his senior martial brother Mei but had never been the other way around.

Mei Chao Bing reached over and rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s head again, feeling that his little bunny was really too cute. "Don’t worry about it. As long as we’re not on the mission, we can stay inside and practice. And while we are on the mission, we won’t see him anyway. I’m sure that there wouldn’t be any chance for him to make trouble again. You don’t need to worry."

Yun Bei Fen nodded and his tangled expression smoothed out again. Needless to say, in his eyes, Mei Chao Bing could never be wrong.

Baili Chao actually felt a little annoyed when he saw their display of affection. These two … who had thought of putting them in the same mission? And how were the other disciples not fed up with this yet?! Most likely, they were even worse when out on a mission!

In the end, he could only sigh and wait for Shen Lei to emerge with the report and the jade slip. Looking both of them over, he finally nodded his head. "Well, this isn’t too bad. Now, there’s still the matter of sending this back. I would like you to do that, Shen Lei."

Shen Lei perked up, actually happy to hear that.

Seeing his expression, Baili Chao gave him a look before he handed over everything but grabbed his sleeve while he was at it. "You’d better not think of this as a vacation. You will hand it over, wait for the response, and bring it back immediately. I don’t want you lingering around the sect and running off who knows where. Do you understand?"

Shen Lei clicked his tongue. "Elder, you’re doing me an injustice here. Did I say that I had any intentions like that?"

"Maybe not out loud but your eyes told me that you were thinking of something."

Shen Lei could only smile wryly. In any case, he was being shown the affection between the younger disciples the whole day. Who could fault him for thinking of his lover? Was he not even given a single night at home? Well, who knew if Luo Lin would already be out of his closed-door cultivation? Even if he went back, he was afraid he wouldn’t be able to see him. "Well, in any case, I know what to do. Don’t worry about it."

Elder Baili nodded and then waved for him to leave already. "It’s important that we make some progress. So no reason to wait around here. Just go since you’re ready."

Shen Lei smiled wryly but he still nodded and wanted to make his way out. Before he could though, Mei Chao Bing hurriedly followed him, holding him back for a moment.

"Senior martial brother Shen, might I ask for a favor if you go back?"

Shen Lei raised his brows but still motioned for him to go ahead.

"I was thinking about the matter with Fen’er’s spiritual beast. I was wondering if maybe there was some kind of talisman or something that could be used to track Xiao Hui in the future. Unfortunately, I don’t know who to ask about making something like this but senior martial brother Shen should know a lot of people. When you go back, maybe you could take care of that?"

Shen Lei glanced in the direction of Elder Baili who had just forbidden him from doing anything extra. Well, he had clearly heard but wasn’t indicating anything. Biased as he was, he probably didn’t have a problem letting him take a small detour if it was to the benefit of his little disciple.

Shen Lei grinned when he realized and then patted Mei Chao Bing’s shoulder. "Don’t worry, I’ll definitely take care of it! I need to hurry now though. Make sure you keep an eye on junior martial brother Yun while I’m away."

"Of course."

Shen Lei laughed and then finally did as the Elder told him and left for the Teng Yong Sect.

4