426 One’s Honor Is More Important Than One’s Life
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The black warrior didn’t answer immediately and Mei Chao Bing used the opportunity to explain his thought process behind this request. “I know that this might be asking too much. But I’ve been thinking and today, it occurred to me that if I am central to my Master’s plans, there is only one thing that he could use to make me comply with whatever he wants.”

Tong Chen could perceive how close the two of them stuck together and nodded without hesitation. “Your lover.” This was indeed something that the demonic side might do and also something that would put Mei Chao Bing in a difficult position.

A lot of people were able to stay strong if it was only themselves who would be affected. Being injured or even dying was something they could accept. After all, their honor was often more important than mere survival. But if the people close to them were caught in the crossfire, that would change things. In this case, if it was somebody that they had protective feelings for, it wasn’t strange to be unable to extricate oneself. And the demonic side knew how to take advantage of that type of thing.

Mei Chao Bing nodded at that. “Precisely. I’m worried that he will try to use Yun Bei Fen against me. As you’ve noticed, Yun Bei Fen’s level is low and the skills he has learned so far … I’m afraid they won’t get him far. We couldn’t make up for much in the time here and right now, while we could bring him back to the sect, I’m not sure if that would keep him safe.

“Of course, being in the sect should be safer than here, but my Master knows the Teng Yong Sect as well as any of us. After all, he was an Elder there for a long time. I don’t think there is any place in the sect where he wouldn’t be able to find Fen’er and if I am as integral to his plan as we believe, then I think he would risk breaking into the sect.

“Thus, I’d rather keep Fen’er close by where we can have an eye on him. But it’s important that while he is here, he learns as much as he can as fast as possible to be ready in case of an emergency.”

The black warrior gave a hum. Learning as much as possible in a short amount of time, that kind of thing couldn’t be rushed. “Cultivation skills require precise control over one’s spiritual energy but that control grows with each skill you learn. His likely isn’t high if he has only learned a handful of skills before and even low-level ones at that. Asking me … what you want is for me to teach him sword skills instead.”

Mei Chao Bing inclined his head. “I know that this is asking a lot but we only have a limited amount of time. I know that spiritual energy can’t be used in dreams but it isn’t the same when it comes to sword arts. So if you and senior blue butterfly would be willing to take some time each night to teach Yun Bei Fen, then I’m sure that he could learn a lot.

“I know, it won’t be enough to defend against my Master or even any of my senior martial brothers but there is no amount of preparation that could be done in several days or weeks that could achieve that. All that I want is that he will at least be a little safer. If anything does happen, that much might be enough to make the difference between life and death.”

Hearing her name, blue butterfly couldn’t help but come closer as well, giving Yun Bei Fen a curious look. She had already thought that there was something like that when Mei Chao Bing had reacted to the things she had told them in the dream. Now, it seemed that she had been right.

She was quite curious about this youth. It seemed that pulling him into that dream of hers had really been a matter of luck. She hadn’t thought much about it and only gone for his dream as the basis because it was convenient but it seemed she had made the right decision.

Giving a hum, she nodded. “I definitely don’t mind using my dreams for that. Anyway, if it’s in a dream, the other side won’t know. That does have the benefit that they wouldn’t expect his sword arts to be as good. He needs to keep those in check until something happens though.”

Yun Bei Fen looked from one person to the other, feeling like he couldn’t quite keep up. Was he supposed to learn sword arts now? He wasn’t really good at that. But, well, as long as Mei Chao Bing was the one who wanted him to do it, he would never say no.

Mei Chao Bing reached up and rubbed the back of Yun Bei Fen’s head, nodding slowly. “Thank you very much, senior. We are really indebted to you.”

Blue butterfly just waved a hand. “Don’t say it, I haven’t even done anything yet. Also, this is for the benefit of the righteous sects as well so it is kind of my duty to get involved if I can help.

“I’m just afraid that asking Tong Chen to help teach this little one sword skills is like cracking a nut with a sledgehammer. If he doesn’t know anything yet, you might as well let me teach him a bit first. After all, I also know my way around swords a little. I can teach him the basics and then we can go from there.”

Mei Chao Bing nodded, feeling that this might be for the better. He didn’t think that Yun Bei Fen would be able to learn all that much in the few days they likely had left. And just asking one of the guardians for help was already making him feel like they were going too far. With two of them … well, he also knew outrageous that was.

Tong Chen had to admit that he didn’t know how to teach somebody from the ground up so he had no reason to disagree. The only way he could do it was to demonstrate and then hope the other person would get it right. But he had never tried how well that worked so he’d gladly leave the first part to blue butterfly. Thus, it seemed that this matter had also been decided.

1