486 Two at Once
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The black warrior’s vision ended and he pulled back slightly.

Luo Lin immediately let go of his arm and retreated to Shen Lei’s side. “Thank you. I guess we will only see by tomorrow morning whether it has worked.”

Tong Chen nodded and gave a hum. “Probably. It’s a pity blue butterfly isn’t here. Otherwise, we could have checked whether you are able to copy two abilities at the same time.”

Luo Lin gave a hum as well, indeed feeling that it was a pity now that he thought about it. Blue butterfly’s ability was indeed rather useful. With how his own had worked so far, it could be that copying her ability would allow him to create a space that he could pull Shen Lei in even if nobody else could enter it and it wasn’t big. That would be incredible even though it might take more getting used to. Well, they could still try after blue butterfly returned.

At the same time, Yan Jian Hong gave a hum. “Actually, what about his junior?”

The others turned to him with questioning looks.

Yan Jian Hong smiled faintly and motioned at Yun Bei Fen. “Didn’t you say this little one also has an ability? Even though he himself hasn’t figured it out so far, his senior martial brother might be able to copy it. That would allow us to check whether he can copy two abilities at once or needs to wait for one to manifest and might give us some valuable insight into his junior’s ability as well.”

Luo Lin’s brows slowly raised. He liked how that sounded. It was just … “Fen’er doesn’t know how to use his ability though. Can I really copy it if he can’t use it in the same way the guardians can?”

Yan Jian Hong could only shrug his shoulders. “It’s worth a try, isn’t it? If it doesn’t work, you won’t have lost anything. If it does, it’s a win for everyone.”

Luo Lin nodded and then turned to Yun Bei Fen. “So, do you want to give it a try?”

Yun Bei Fen could only look at him blankly before blinking his eyes. He didn’t mind trying but he really didn’t know how to! “Well, what should I do?”

Tong Chen jumped in at that point. “Just do what you did the last time you were practicing with your senior martial brother in blue butterfly’s dreamscape. Can you do that?”

Yun Bei Fen felt even more confused. “Just practice the sword?”

Luo Lin furrowed his brows. “I think it would be best if it was something that used spiritual energy.”

Tong Chen gave a hum and then pulled out his own sword. “Alright, I will teach you a technique then. This one combines common sword moves with basic spiritual attacks. It should be suitable for somebody at your level.”

Yun Bei Fen nodded and then curiously eyed the movements of the black warrior as he demonstrated the technique once.

“Did you get that?”

Yun Bei Fen hesitated and then slowly nodded. “Probably?”

“Then give it a go.” The black warrior motioned for him to go ahead while also gesturing at Luo Lin to still stay back. He didn’t know when exactly Yun Bei Fen’s ability would activate. Was it while watching or while trying it out for the first time? Either way, it was certainly active while repeatedly doing the same moves so that was the best for to test their ideas for Luo Lin’s ability.

Yun Bei Fen finished the set of movements and turned back to him with wide eyes, not sure what to do next.

Tong Chen simply nodded. “Now, repeat that again just like you did with your first senior martial brother the last time. You don’t have to do anything else. Just do your best with practice.”

Yun Bei Fen nodded heavily and then went on to work.

Luo Lin waited, watching him for a while but also not forgetting to check whether the black warrior had given him any signs. He was quite curious if this would work. If he could help Yun Bei Fen with figuring out his ability, it would be great. He had felt bad about not having much to offer when he came to ask him for help earlier in the day. This would be the perfect opportunity to make up for that.

Finally, Tong Chen gave a hum and motioned for Luo Lin to go ahead.

The disciple nodded, let go of his lover’s arm, and then followed Yun Bei Fen. He wasn’t sure how to go about this. The others had always stood still while he tried to copy their ability. Now, Yun Bei Fen was moving around though, and even swinging a sword and trying to use his spiritual energy while he did so. The latter wasn’t working well but that was one more reason to be careful. Otherwise, he might get hit accidentally.

Luo Lin hesitated for a while but finally followed behind Yun Bei Fen, carefully stretching out his hand to touch his back. He used his own spiritual energy to touch him, still not sure if it would be enough. Unfortunately, he simply had no idea how exactly this worked.

He followed Yun Bei Fen until the end of the exercise, then stepped back and looked at the black warrior. He wasn’t sure if it had worked or if he should try it longer. But then, maybe the time wouldn’t make a difference.

Tong Chen also wasn’t sure if it had been enough but he simply inclined his head. Either way, they would know more tomorrow. “Let’s leave it at that for today. You should keep an eye on the situation and try to figure out more about your ability. The more you learn, the easier it will be to copy other abilities in the future. There might even be a way for you to spot other ability holders. It would be worth a try at least.”

Luo Lin nodded and returned to Shen Lei’s side. “Let’s go and … experiment?”

Shen Lei gave a hum. “Yes, if we’re not needed any longer?”

Tong Chen inclined his head as if he hadn’t gotten the subtext at all. Instead, he turned back to Yun Bei Fen. When it came to these two disciples, the latter was the one who would need more help, it seemed.

0