CH 563: It’s time to show my might
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to Sol, while he had indeed gone to the eternal battlefield, people didn’t realize that he could nearly instantly cover the distance between Lustburg and the battlefield without having to use the teleportation magic circle.

Currently, he was back in his Lustburg after a short visit to secure the prisoner. After all, you never knew what could happen.

Now he was back for a short while as he had many things he needed to discuss with Camelia and a few points he needed to analyze.

The church was basically his playground by now and he knew that this place was completely under his control and no spies could be found here.

This wasn’t surprising truly. With two women who could literally bend the mind and transform most people into fervent supporters, any spies that managed to enter this place should be considered as some sort of genius monster that defied all expectations.

“Sol…”

Sol stopped and looked behind him. After all, in this place there were only three people who could call him by name.

“Chloe. How have you been?”

Chloe, in a way his first friend. However, the relationship between them couldn’t be said to be particularly close. Sol had noticed a strain between them as time passed and he could understand why.

Chloe had first place to see many things and understood the background of Lustburg more than anyone on the exterior. She knew that Lustburg had the power and most importantly — The Will, to fight and conquer the world. Which would mean eventually, they would have to fight against Slothein one way or another.

There were no two ways about this.

“I have been…It has been complicated.”

Chloe wanted to hide things with a smile but in the end, she simply shrugged and gave her honest impression.

Chloe was lost. She did not know what she could do now or if she should try convincing Sol to stop his desire for war.

In the end, she simply sighed, “Will you continue this war?”

“Yes.”

“What happens after you win? Will you stop?”

“No.”

Chloe stayed silent for a few short seconds, “You know…The angels will not stay silent for long.”

“Is it a threat?”

“No, it’s a warning from a friend. Watch out for the sky. I advise you to work with those witches and make sure the sky of Lustburg is protected at all times once this war ends. Otherwise…You will regret it.”

She knew very well that telling Sol to not fight was useless. She also could not fight against this war by her lone self. This was why, she decided to take the second best decision she could take.

Once she was done with her words, she turned on her heels and started walking away, “Also, you do not need to have those nuns keep an eye on me. I will not flee from Lustburg nor do I plan to reveal all the information I have on end.”

Sol was not ashamed that she found the truth about this. After all, this had been his goal all along. He had been blatant enough that if in fact, she had not noticed this he would have been disappointed in her instead.

“Why?”

“Why, huh…I honestly don’t know. Perhaps because you are my first friend?” She grinned and walked away, vanishing behind a corner, leaving Sol with himself now.

Soon, shadows started to move as a few nuns appeared one after another. They were not using Milia or the finger’s shadow manipulation. Just some special tricks.

“We apologize.”

“Do not worry. You have done a good job. Chloe is simply too powerful for you currently.”

He did not tell them that he expected them to fail. This would be a little too much even for him.

“What should we do now?”

“Report the situation to the fingers. They know my intention and will give orders accordingly.”

“Yes!”

They answered in chorus and immediately left, allowing Sol to walk quietly while humming and singing.

****

After finally walking long enough, Sol reached the bedroom of Camlia. She had been busy in her room and the underground of the Church lately so finding was more and more complicated.

But he guessed this went for all of them. He was missing the carefree days but he knew this phase was necessary for them to reach the desired happy end.

Entering the room, he could see Camelia lying down on the bed in a white negligee. Her face was the epitome of innocence while her glamorous body was extremely sinful. Her chest moved rhythmically up and down, slightly hypnotizing Sol for a while as he approached her bed and finally reached her.

“You know, It’s impossible for a King to not be awake after all this.”

Taking a seat, he placed his hand on her forehead before gently pinching her nose. This caused her expression to morph slightly into a comical frown until she finally opened her charming blue eyes.

“You look funny.”

Sol chuckled before pushing her slightly and lying down on the bed as well. He was not wearing any armor so there was no discomfort.

Sighing, he hugged Camelia and closed his eyes, her body heat was transmitted to him, giving him a certain feeling of ease and calmness. As if he was a ship that had finally come home.

Looking at the face of her beloved, Camelia gently moved one of his strands of hair. She could see the tiredness between his brow. His prowess and powers were such that she had forgotten that at the end of the day, Sol was still just a young man.

Sadly, the world had no care for this and he was forced to grow up and mature faster to adapt to what the world was throwing at him.

“Tired?”

“Not much. I just need to close my eyes for a while.”

Sol did not talk much as he kept his eyes closed. Even with this, he could still hear the gears turning, and the river flowing but he noticed that when he was close to people he cared about, this feeling became fainter and less overwhelming.

“Camelia. Do you remember our discussion a few weeks ago? In the forest while Lilith and Lilin were mending their relationship.”

“Yes.”

“I told you. When we go back home. I will call everyone and tell them my tale.”

“You did.”

“But I didn’t.”

“Indeed.”

“Aren’t you curious?”

This time it was Camelia who hugged Sol. As if she wished for them to meld together and become one. “Of course I want to. I want to know everything about you. I wish to understand you better than anyone else. But…”

She stopped, searching her words, “I understand. Being honest is scary. Opening fully your heart means showing everything. Both the qualities and your ugliness that are buried deep within.”

Camelia understood how scary this could be and this was why, “You do not have to hurry. You do not have to feel like you need to reveal everything now. Even though you affirmed no secrets I think there is nothing wrong with keeping some things close to your heart.”

Sol did not open his eyes. His women were so accommodating. He knew they would do everything for him. All he had to do was ask.

“How about it? After this war ends, why don’t we tell everything to each other? No secrets, no lies, no fear, no judgments. You, me, and all the others.” She asked quietly while caressing his hair to which Sol answered with a small laugh,

“You know. You are setting very dangerous flags right now.”

He opened his eyes and finally gave her a small kiss on the forehead. He could see it in her eyes. The want, the desire to do far more.

But Sol decided to stop himself. Not now. Not when so many people were dying because of his orders. Even his escapade with Milia had been severely diminished to almost zero.

He could have all the fun he wanted — After the war.

As for how many flags this sentence raised, Sol did not care. All he had to do was to break those flags one after another.

“I will fight tomorrow.”

He gave her one last kiss and stood up. “It’s time to bring this war to a stop. Too many already died. I will also let the world understand that — No army can be a match for me.”

It was time for his name to resound through the battlefield.

0