Chapter 1: The Royal Academy
3.9k 16 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been six months since Soma was enrolled in The Royal Academy and he is today on his way to the Academy as always.

The Royal Academy is the best Academy in the Kingdom and one of the best ten Academies in the whole world. That’s why the Nobles and Royals of the kingdom attend this Academy as well as the kids of merchants and commoners who are able to buy the tutoring fees.

Soma arrived at his classroom right on time for the class to start but there hardly anyone in the class, why? That’s because all of the students in this class are from upper-class Nobles and even the crown prince of the Kingdom is in this class, and those people would rather make others wait for them than them waiting for others.

The students started arriving one after the other starting with lower-ranked amongst them, and after half the students of this class arrived the teacher finally arrived and went directly to her seat and started checking her fingernails and makeup.

The three students who arrived in time for the class’s start were as always annoyed at the teacher’s attitude of not only coming late but also at her for not starting the class immediately, she will not start the lesson unless the figurehead of the class arrives.

And finally, he arrived after making everybody else wait for him, the crown prince of Japan kingdom Kusanagi Hayato, and his best friend and the first son of the prime minister Ochida Dai, the twin sisters and daughters of the Duke, Yada Yui and Yada Yue along with their lackeys, the rest of the students behind them.

Upon entering the class all the students and the teacher went to greet the crown prince Hayato, exempt for the three students who arrived on time, Maki Aiko the daughter of the Knights commander, her friend, Yumehara Yume the daughter of the court mage, and lastly, the commoner Kirishima Soma who was ignoring all that was happening around him while reading the book in his hand.

“Oi! You filthy Otamega!(Otaku Megane) why are you not greeting Hayato-sama! Ahhh?!”(Dai)

Suddenly Soma’s chair was kicked from behind knocking his glasses out of his face.

“Stop ignoring me! You bastard!”(Dai)

“*Sigh*, I don’t think I’m obliged to”(Soma)

Soma bent over and reached for his glasses but his hand was stepped on by someone.

“What’s with your attitude? Don’t you know who is it you are talking about?”(Hayato)

“…”(Soma)

Soma remained silent and did not talk back, and that’s not because he is afraid of Hayato or his friend Dai, quite the contrary actually. All he is thinking about right now is…

(I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you!)

Soma is someone who would never bow his head to those he deems undeserving.

Soma is kind towards those he cares about.

Indifferent and arrogant towards strangers.

Cruel and merciless towards those he hates.

Before he started living in the orphanage he used to live in the slums alone, he had no home and no family, he was doing odd jobs in the city so he can eat and would sleep in a back alley in the night, and he would often do odd jobs for the adventurers guild and they would let him read the books they have in return.

But the life in the slums was never safe, there are those who would try to steal food from the children so they can eat themselves and Soma was often targeted by such guys, but none was able to pull it off, why? Because Soma would break their arms and legs before they were able to.

He was just a kid so of course, he was not stronger than adults but he was smart, extremely smart. He would use the objects around him to fight and would figure out his opponent’s weakness and would use it against them and would hurt them badly for trying to harm him.

There were a couple of times where he actually killed those who tried to hurt him when he was living in the slums. But it was considered as self-defense by the knights and he was able to get away with it, but because of the news of a kid younger than 10 years old killing adults he was nicknamed “The Bloody Kid”.

You could say that his personality is twisted, but he needed to be twisted to survive, and that twisted personality of his made it possible for him to become cruel.

But if so why is he not talking back at Hayato and Dai? why does he not fight back? Is it because of fear?

The answer is that he doesn’t want to cause Yuki and Matsuo any trouble, you could say that those people are treating him that way in anticipation of him fighting back against the prince so they can use it as an excuse to get their hands on Yuki the beautiful and skilled mage, and Soma understands their intentions very well, that’s why he will not fight back nor will he talk back.

They continued bullying Soma and laughing at him the filthy commoner coming from the slums and he continued enduring it, at some point, even the teacher joined them and started throwing insults at him.

The teacher, Toda Hisa hated him for a personal reason, during their first lesson he pointed out a mistake she made which led to Hayato slightly laughing at her damaging her pride, and now she hates Soma more than anything for causing that.

And the more they bully Soma the stronger his hate and killing intent is, but all of those bullying him are arrogant fools who are unable to feel that, the only people who can feel his killing intent are Aiko and Yume whom his killing intent is not directed at. As for Soma, he is like this on the inside right now…

(I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb! I’ll kill you! I’ll tear you limb from limb!)

In this country, the Royals’ and Nobles’ attitude towards those below them is extremely bad which led to many dissatisfactions within the people but they don’t care, why? Because even if the people are not satisfied there is nothing they can do and one of the reasons for that is that the talent to use any type of magic other than general type is limited to the Royals and Nobles, and the general type magic that commoners use can’t be used in battle and so there is no way for commoners to oppose the Royals and Nobles.

This means Soma who is mana-less is even more inferior than commoners.

*NOTE: Otaku Megane means nerd wearing glasses.*

 
79