Chapter 28: After The Trial And New Gear
2.4k 7 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

In the midst of the people’s cheers, Soma approached Ren along with Dolan and Ito and started talking to him.

 

“Ren, you seem to have been on edge today, what’s wrong?”(Ito)

 

“… It’s nothing”(Ren)

 

“You have discovered something, right? Something related to the adventurers guild”(Soma)

 

“…You knew about it?”(Ren)

 

“Yeah”(Soma)

 

“What are you two talking about?”(Dolan)

 

“…”(Ren)

 

“It’s about the fact that the adventurers guild is, in reality, an organization planted in here by Vitos to keep watch on powerful people in this country and to reduce their numbers by creating situations like this one but with the opposite results, their main goal is to weaken this country and to keep it weak, Ren must have learned this by questioning the female adventurer and her three underlings”(Soma)

 

“That’s right, and I also learned that they are not alone, the church and most of the bandit groups in this country are part of it, and the Holy Knights stationed at the borders and the merchants that visit us are in it as well, the Holy Knights’ job is to prevent anyone from going out of the country and to prevent us from making contact with the Kingdom of Millis and the Beastmen Empire and the merchants’ job is to sell low-quality goods at unbelievably high prices to strengthen their economy at the cost of ours”(Ren)

 

“What?! And all those nobles helping them are part of it as well?”(Dolan)

 

“The nobles are only fools attracted to the profit they are able to make by helping them, they have no idea about what really is happening”(Ren)

 

“What about the Love Church? What is their role in all of this?”(Ito)

 

“I couldn’t get anything about that…”(Ren)

 

“The church’s job is to prevent the advancement of knowledge and the development of the country, their job is to stop people from learning new things and from coming up with new ideas that might help the country advance, for example, them selling their healing potions only to the nobles at very high prices is so that the commoners would think that healing potions are luxury things for nobles only and that they don’t need it, and by taking the people who are able to use Light Magic in forcefully claiming that Light Magic should only be used for the sake of the Love Goddess is to keep the people from knowing anything about Healing Magic because if the people did learn about Healing Magic they will figure out that the potions they sell are really low-quality potions and that they can cause harm if used regularly”(Soma)

 

“I see, but for you to know about all of this and for you to sell healing potions and for you to sell these Light Crystals to me, What are your true intentions?”(Ren)

 

Soma took out a Light Crystal and inserted it into the Silver Scale of Truth.

 

“I am Vitos’s and the Love Goddess’s sworn enemy and I came to this country to help its people fix it, for now, that’s all that I’ll tell you for now”(Soma)

 

“The scale didn’t move…. Well, I trusted you from the start, everything you have done since arriving in this country is helping us, thank you”(Ren)

 

“Don’t mind it, but don’t you have some unfinished work to do?”(Soma)

 

“I have to go and raid the three nobles’ mansions and look for any pieces of evidence of other nobles involving themselves with the adventurers guild and what did they do, see you later!”(Ren)

 

“… He left..”(Ito)

 

“The lad is having it hard…”(Dolan)

 

“But he seems livelier than before”(Ito)

 

“Of course he is! He finally found a lead to the people harming his country for years now and right now he has the means to uncover them in his hands!”(Dolan)

 

“I will take my leave as well! I have some work to do!”(Ito)

 

After Ren and Ito left, Dolan Started staring at Soma with a smiling face.

 

“You have been in this mood since the morning! What's wrong with you, Old man?”(Soma)

 

“I’m not an Old man! I’m only 235 years old!”(Dolan)

 

“Yeah Yeah, so what happened?”(Soma)

 

“…. When I went to the Lord and presented the toilet seat and Purification Device to him a lot of the nobles around him objected to using it because they feared the wrath of the Love Church but he enthusiastically  approved of it and he even placed an order to replace all the toilets in his castle!”(Dolan)

 

“So it was a success”(Soma)

 

“It was a huge success! As thanks, I’ll make new gear for the both of you! For you and your friend Marian! So just tell me what do you want!”(Dolan)

 

“I want a new Battle Maid uniform!”(Marian)

 

“Maid?”(Soma)

 

“Yes! I am Soma-kun’s maid after all!”(Marian)

 

“Leave it to me! What about you, Soma?”(Dolan)

 

“… Here take these materials and make the best armor you can make out of them”(Soma)

 

Soma took leather, fangs, claws, and bones of the Blue Lizards he fought in the Bloody Hole along with some other materials he got from the monsters there and handed them to Dolan, Dolan was surprised to see Soma take materials out of thin air, but the quality of the materials surprised him more.

 

“What the hell are these materials?! I have never seen anything like this before! The amount of mana contained in these materials is no joking matter!”(Dolan)

 

“Make me the best armor you can master and if I liked it I’ll let you take the leftover materials for yourself!”(Soma)

 

“Really?! Just leave it to me!!”(Dolan)

 

Saying that Dolan took off towards the Craftsmen guild at a ridicules speed.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
 
55