Chapter 32: Flood Day Two
2.1k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

Combatants kept fighting and changing places with others when they needed to rest and drink Stamina-Mana potions, they all did their best to keep the monsters at bay and to never allow a single monster into the town, and they were not alone, the townspeople who are not able to participate in defending their town are working on tending to the injured combatants and by providing food and drinks for them, and that went on and today is the second day of the flood.

Inside the town, near the gate, there was a rest center set up for the combatants to rest heal up and to eat, among the people working in there, Maria and her daughter Mai along with the children from the orphanage are doing charity in the rest center by providing a helping hand for the injured and the tired combatants, everyone was impressed with them doing charity here especially after Dolan spread the rumor of them helping Soma make the Stamina-Mana potions given for free to all the combatants.

The combatants coming to the rest center would always go to Maria, Mai, and the children lower their heads and thank them, and every single time Maria would say to them that they should thank Soma not her, but the combatants would just laugh and tell her that it was Soma himself who told them to come and thank them.

“Ren-sama, how is Soma doing? I didn’t see him come to the rest center even once and today is the second day already”(Maria)

Right now Ren came to the rest center for the fourth time since they started fighting the Flood monsters yesterday, and as soon as she saw him, Maria along with the children and her daughter came to ask him about Soma’s wellbeing.

“See that blue lightning raining down from the sky?”(Ren)

“You mean the one cast by the magicians?”(Mai)

“It’s Soma who is casting that magic, he is the one killing the most monsters out of all the combatants we have”(Ren)

“That’s impossible!? That blue lightning has been going from the start of battle yesterday! Are you telling me that he has been fighting since then without any rest?!”(Maria)

“That’s exactly what I am saying, he didn’t stop fighting those monsters since the start, and he is the one killing the most of them, I went to ask him as his friend to take a break, but he refused, and when I told him that I’m worried about him as his friend he stopped fighting the monsters and kicked me towards the town and went back to killing monsters again”(Ren)

“Wasn’t he injured when you talked to him?”(Mai)

“Let alone being injured, he didn’t even have a single bead of sweat nor a speck of dust on him, here I was covered in sweat, dirt, and monster blood, but he had none on him, even his breath is normal, he was not even tired yet, and to top it all from time to time he would get bored from fighting the monsters continuously like that and would take a book out of nowhere and would start reading from it as he kills the monsters”(Ren)

“ “ “…” ” ”

In the battlefield, since the start of the second day, a man surrounded by a group of his personal guards made his way into the battlefield and started aiding the combatants in fighting against the monsters, he was not that strong and that’s why he only stepped forward along with his guards when someone was injured or needed to have others to take their place while they took some rest, he and his guards would work together to fill the gaps left by such people momentarily till the combatants rearranged themselves properly.

That man was Alf El Elk the Lord of the town of Elk, and the guys who came with him are the heads of the noble families that supported him the most, all of them have always wanted to participate with the people in fighting against the Flood, but they couldn’t do that because the corrupt nobles in the town might try to assassinate them amidst the confusion, and they couldn’t let that happen.

They couldn’t let that happen not because they were afraid to lose their lives, no, they were afraid that after their death that the corrupt nobles who killed them would take control of the town hurting the people in the process.

But this Flood was different, the town has a strong helping hand in the form of the Head of the Alchemy department of the Craftsmen guild, the same man fighting right now in front of them all, Soma, from time to time they would look at him to see him killing monsters one after the other, and more than that they were impressed by the blue lightning covering his body and the blue lightning raining from the sky killing monsters that are yet to reach the combatants.

But what impressed the Lord the most was the posture that Soma would take from time to time, he would drop his back slightly down and place his hand on his sword's handle, and when monsters come near him his hand would become blurred for a split second before all the monsters around him die losing their heads, arms, and legs.

By the end of the day, the Lord’s interest in Soma was at its peak, he wanted to know more about him, and he hoped that he would agree to assist him in fixing this country, the country’s policy is coexistence with all the races but for the past 50 years or so the number of people forgetting about that or outright ignoring or opposing it had increased a lot, especially amongst the nobles and that was causing a lot of problems, most of those people even would cold bloodily commit cruel crimes against their own people without thinking about the consequences, all of that because the influence of the Love Church in Valc kingdom was growing year after year, the only church in this country is the one in the capital city Valen, but they have been trying to increase the number of churches for the past five years, that’s why Alf knew that they must be stopped before it was late and to do that he needed help.

================================================================================================================================================================================================

The Link from before was broken, sorry about that.

Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 
47