Chapter 43: Short Rebellion
1.9k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



“W-What’s going on?! Lord Alf! Prince Rendoulf!”(Noble No.1)

“W-What’s the meaning of this?! Were they p-poisoned perhaps?”(Noble No.2)

“That’s right! That’s exactly what happened! Hahahaha!”(Noble No.3)

“….What do you mean?! It can’t be y-you-!”(Noble No.1)

“That’s right! It was a poisoned wine that I arranged for our foolish Lord and his guests!!”(Noble No.3)

“W-Why…?! Why would you do something like that?! Killing not only the Lord but the crown prince as well! And dragging innocent people into it!”(Noble No.2)

“Why, you say? I have always never liked the way this foolish Lord managed things! Letting inferior beastmen into our ranks of nobility! And that bastard Rendoulf since coming to this town all he has done is kill those of noble blood as if it was nothing! He along with that stupid father of his has been nothing but nonsense! All they care about is those filthy commoners and dragging our names through the mud every time they find noblemen committing ‘crimes’! What crimes?! We are chosen Nobles! Such things as lowly as laws should never be applied to us!”(Noble No.3)

“Such things!! What you are doing is a clear rebellion against his majesty the king! Not only did you kill the crown prince but killed the Lord of this town, Duke Alf El Elk the little brother of his majesty!! Do you think that you are going to get away with this?!”(Noble No.1)

“Get away? What are you talking about? That strange and suspicious fellow named Soma is the one who killed the Lord and Crown Prince, right? And when we tried to catch him that filthy dwarf and beastman woman tried to protect him leaving us no choice but to kill them all, isn’t that right?”(Noble No.3)

“What nonsense are you talking about?!”(Noble No.2)

“From the nine noble families that are left in this town five of them are on my side, leaving only you three! So now you have two options, you either Obey us and go with the story we are going to give or you can choose to go against us and die as the rebels who hired that fellow to kill the Lord and the Crown Prince Rendoulf! Coming and joining us is your only way out!”(Noble No.3)

“Our loyalty is placed only on Lord Alf! Going against that is the one thing that we are not going to do no matter what happens! And don’t think that you are going to get away with this! And don’t think that we are going to go down without a fight!”(Noble No.1)

“Then die you filthy beast! Surround him!”(Noble No.3)

All the nobles in the room surrounded the three who refused to join them, two of the three are beastmen and one is a human, on the other hand, all of the other nobles are from the human race, the three loyal nobles started looking around the room only to find that all of the guards and servants are only grinning at the unfolding events in front of them, and they were able to recognize some of them as the personal guards of the noble who outstretched the rebellion, which means that all of the guards and servants in the room work for him and his supporters, the rebelling nobles drew closer and closer to the loyal nobles with their weapons unsheathed with the intention to kill them, but…

“Hoh! So that’s why you volunteered your servants and guards to take care of the party! You went on and on about how I should let my servants and guards rest a little bit and when the topic of today’s party came up, you volunteered your people take care of it, for this reason, I see I see”(Lord Alf)

“…W-What?!”(Noble No.3)

Looking back at the long table, everyone present was able to see that the people who were supposed to be dead because of the poison are simply sitting there eating their meals and enjoying the show unfolding in front of them.

“Quite the plan you came up with! But a meaningless one at the same time! And about you being a chosen one and all of that other crap about you being above the law or whatever, how about we test that out right now?”(Ren)

“…H-How? Y-You should be dead! Or did the p-poison not work?! B-But we all saw you wreath in pain and die! This can’t be!”(Noble No.3)

“Simple enough, I used Illusion Magic to project the appearance of us dying after drinking the wine, that’s all”(Soma)

“…Illusion…”(Noble No.3)

“But man that Mirage spell of yours is really useful! We even used it against those bandits yesterday! But those dumb nobles have never once come out to protect the town and the people! Nor did you participate in the fight against the Flood! All you cared about is your personal gain and honor as nobles, but today you lose all of it! All I have to say to you is; Good job at being the stupid nobles you are right now all the way till the end!”(Dolan)

“Kuh…. Not yet! We outnumber you greatly! We still can kill all of you ourselves! Kill them! don’t let anyone of them leave this room alive! The poison might have failed but we still have ourselves! We can do it!”(Noble No.3)

“Stupid all the way till the end I see, you are going to try to fight against those three monsters who easily dismantled an army of monsters that kept coming at them for three days straight? All I could say to you is that I hope you are not this dumb in your next life”(Ito)

“And who said that we are alone….Fireball!”(Ren)

Ren raised his hand and aimed it at one of the windows of the room and fired a Fireball spell at it breaking it, that was the signal for the Knights stationed outside the room to storm in and surround the rebilling nobles and their followers, the reason no one from outside the room came in after hearing the commotion inside was that no one other than the Knights was outside the room other than the Knights since the start of the party.

====================================================================================

Going back in time a few hours ago.

In the afternoon of the dinner party day, Ren came to visit Soma in the mansion to talk to him about how dinner parties worked in this country.

“……And so like this, after the Lord gives a short speech the party start by everyone drinking from their wine and then everyone is free to eat, drink, and chat till the food prepared runout”(Ren)

“I see, but Ren, are you planning to attend the party alone?”(Soma)

“Yes, what about you?”(Ren)

“I Plan to-!”(Soma)

“I’ll go”(Marina)

“But..”(Soma)

“I’ll go”(Marina)

“Hear me..”(Soma)

“I’ll go”(Marina)

“See? She has been like that…”(Soma)

“But Marina-san, why do you want to go to the party that much?”(Ren)

“Why you ask?! Of course! because I have to protect Soma-kun from all the noble ladies there!”(Marina)

“I don’t think anyone other than the heads of the noble families is going to attend the party, and all of them are males”(Ren)

“But there are maids, right?”(Marina)

“Yes there will be maids, but I don’t think you need to worry about them…”(Ren)

“No! the maids are more dangerous than the noble ladies! That’s why I’ll go no matter what!”(Marina)

“…Rather than that right now, Ren, I think you should bring your knights with you to the party”(Soma)

“My Knights? Why?”(Ren)

“Don’t you think that this party is the perfect chance for the corrupt nobles to make their move?”(Soma)

“…I see…… but are you sure that they are going to make their move during the party?”(Ren)

“No, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared”(Soma)

“That’s true, and till now never once have you been wrong, got it! I’ll have the Knights surround the party venue and instruct them to move in with my signal”(Ren)

And later on during the party…

“……CHEERS!”(Lord Alf)

{Mirage} …..Don’t drink the wine it’s poisoned”(Soma)

“…W-What?”(Lord Alf)



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
2.12.0.0
44