Chapter 49: Reactions And Mana Crystals
1.8k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



In the Capital city of the Valc Kingdom, Valen.

A man wearing a bright red armor is right now facing the king of the Valc Kingdom with an angry look on his face.

“…What’s the meaning of this?!”(Baruk)

“As the report brought by the Captain of the First Knight Order said, it came to light that the Master of the Adventurers’ Guild in Elk was using his influence and connections to kill the people he found to be in the way of some kind of outside powers, and during the crisis threatening the town of Elk, the Flood. He tried to use his Adventurers to poison a promising talent of a young man only for them to fail, and upon finding out that they failed, they tried to attack and kill him directly to cover up the poison case, only for the tables to be turned on them. And after that, they chose to take a more direct approach and sent his full force consisting of 11 Adventurers from the ‘Blessed’ only for them all to be killed by the hands of their target. And not knowing when to stop, the Master of the Adventurers’ Guild pleaded the Captain of the First Knight Order to hold a trial and insisted that the Adventurers were attacked and killed by that man for no reason, at this point his claims were contradicting each other, he went on and on about his Adventurers being the strongest and at the same time he was claiming that they were all killed by one man. In the end, a trial was held only to uncover that he was in the wrong and that this case was not the first time he and his Adventurers were involved in similar cases, but they managed to get away with it using their connection with some of the nobles in Elk, leading to the execution of the Guild Master along with his noble supporters, many other things were mentioned in the report but this the summary of it all”(King Malik)

“…No, that’s not what I want to know!! What I want to know is why such a thing against my Adventurers’ Guild was allowed?! The Captain of the First Knight Order didn’t have the right to go executing my subordinates like that! Are you-!”(Baruk)

“Baruk, HeadMaster of Adventurers’ Guilds in the Kingdom of Valc as well as the Master of the Adventurers’ Guild Valen’s branch, it was stated in the report that the Guild Master at Elk was doing all of this under the orders of an outside power, in other words, he was doing all of this to fulfill the agenda of a foreign country. You know what that means, right? You are not so stupid to not understand what I mean! You may leave but remember to be careful so that the rug is not pulled from under your feet”(King Malik)

“…Tch”(Baruk)

Clicking his tongue, Baruk left the Throne Hall with an unsatisfied face, those present at the time were all nobles that served the Kingdom of Valc, and those nobles were at that moment divided into three groups, the first group understood the king’s words and were happy and proud of the king for taking the stance he took, and the second group understood what the king’s words meant but they were very furious at the king for taking such a stance and were very worried that their plans might come to light and that all of their hard work would go to waste, and the third group didn’t understand the king’s words and were only thinking about how much of a fool the king was for standing in the side of some commoner against the Adventurers’ Guild that had connections with the many glorious nobles of the kingdom.

(A backwater king like him talking to me in such a way?! I’ll show him his place soon enough!.... but before that, the man that caused it all, that mercenary in Elk! I’ll have to deal with him first!..... that stupid Souk! He could have told me his name at least before kicking the bucket!..... I wonder….did the king not mention his name or give any informations about the man just to stand in my way?...)(Baruk)

(Going by what Ren told me yesterday, the God of (Death, Judgement, Knowledge) will come to this city once the groundwork is laid down, I’ll leave that to Ren and I’ll work on spreading his books throughout the kingdom once they are available….. Man, that Alf always get all the good situations while I’m stuck here dealing with the scheming nobles….. well, as long as he is safe then everything is good)(King Malik)

====================================================================================

Right now the blacksmiths of the Craftsmen Guild are all assembled inside Soma’s workshop along with all the heads of the different departments.

Two weeks have passed since Ren’s departure to the Capital City, and right now a learning meeting is being held in Soma’s workshop, the goal of this meeting is to teach the people in front of him about some techniques they will need from now on.

“Now for a start, I’ll ask you a question, where do you get your processed Mana Crystals?”(Soma)

“We buy them from the South Cardinal Kingdom”(Dolan)

“Why don’t you process them yourselves?”(Soma)

“…We simply don’t know how, we tried to research it in the past but that ended in a huge failure”(Dolan)

“What happened?”(Soma)

“The Mana Crystals we were working on and researching started releasing harmful gases that led to poisoning some of our researchers, and after that case, we were told by the merchants dealing in Mana Crystals that processing them without the Pink System and a special blessing from the Love Goddess is dangerous and could lead to the deaths of those doing it…”(Dolan)

“I see…. Let me tell you this right now at the start, what you were told by those merchants was all bullshit. The cause of the harmful gas being released is nothing other than the wrong handling of the Mana Crystals. To process Mana Crystals into Attribute Crystals you need to pour Attribute Mana through the Crystals and they will naturally transform into that attribute as if reacting to the mana poured into them”(Soma)

“…But that doesn’t explain the releasing of the harmful gas”(Blacksmith 1)

“If you pour Mana recklessly into Mana Crystals you’ll end up pouring Mana from different attributes at the same time causing the Mana Crystal to break down releasing the mana trapped inside of it in the form of a gas, the gas released by the Mana Crystals causes Mana Overload to those inhaling it causing symptoms similar to being poisoned, but Mana Overload will go away after resting for a couple of days”(Soma)

“So all we have to do is pour Attribute Mana in the Mana Crystals to process them?”(Dolan)

“Yeah, Dolan, what Attributes can you use?”(Soma)

“I’m good at Earth Attribute!”(Dolan)

“Here take this….. try pouring Mana into the Mana Crystal I just gave to you while having the image of using Earth magic, try to concentrate on that image as much as you can as you pour your mana”(Soma)

Dolan took the Mana Crystal given to him by Soma and started doing what soma had told him, and in less than a minute the Mana Crystal turned into Earth Crystal, all of those present were surprised by what they had seen and asked Soma to give them Mana Crystals for them to try doing it as well, and soon enough, processed Mana Crystals from many different Attributes were held in the hands of the people who made them, but all of them were looking at the Mana Crystals with puzzled expressions on their faces, and Dolan was the first one to talk.

“…These Crystals are weird…. Why are they this big?”(Dolan)

“What do you mean?”(Soma)

“…The Mana Crystals we buy from the merchants selling Processed Mana Crystals are way smaller than these ones, we deal with them by giving them mined pure Mana Crystals and they give us the processed on ones in return piece-by-piece, but since processing Mana Crystal causes the Crystals to become smaller than they were, that’s why…”(Dolan)

“Who told you about the getting smaller thing?”(Soma)

“…The merchants themselves…… I see, so it all was..”(Dolan)

“Bullshit, yes. They must have told you that to trick you, they were taking Mana Crystals from you and all they gave you in return are fragments of processed Mana Crystals”(Soma)

“Haah!.... Looking back at everything that happened to us because of them it makes sense for them to scam us like this! Alright, starting this moment we will stop buying Mana Crystals from them and will start Processing them ourselves!”(Dolan)


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
42