Chapter 57: First Quarter (Day One)(Students’ POV)
1.7k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



In front of the Academy’s billboard, a lot of young people are assembled and all of them are looking through the lists of classes available this year, and among said youths, Zac Mist, the son of the most powerful noble family in Akud is looking through the list of classes available like everyone else even though nobles have the list delivered to them, he actually lined up among the commoners to get his chance at looking through the list, classes start in the morning of the day after tomorrow and today, the students are here to copy the information about the classes they are interested in and take that home to think about what are the two classes they intend to study this year.

 

“…Actual Combat and Magic Item Creation Classes are new and are being taught by the same teacher….. a new teacher…. According to the information here, his name is Soma, and he works as a traveling mercenary, he completed hundreds of requests with a Completion Rate of…100%!! He must have only done collection requests…or not, it’s stated here that is specialized in hunting big monsters in big quantities! This teacher must be some type of monster…. My goal is to become strong enough to fight for the people of this town, in that case, it might be better to join his Class than joining the Knighthood Class, and as for my second class I’m going to join Teacher Milin’s Magic Class…”(Zac Mist)

 

In another corner of the same place, Rimi the princess of the Valc Kingdom as well as the Captain of the Second Knight’s Order the Heraldry Knights, and her Vice-Captain Alice, are looking at the list of classes with a lot of interest.

 

“…Actual Combat Class taught by a teacher named Soma…. Do you think it’s him? That guy…”(Alice)

 

“According to the information provided about him, he is a traveling mercenary who specializes in hunting big monsters and that Completion Rate of his…. Let’s go and ask Leona about it!”(Rimi)

 

Alice ran after her excited Captain with a huge grin on her face, she was there when it all happened and stayed with Rimi even after that fateful encounter, and she knows how big the existence of that guy in Rimi’s mind.

 

Alice is Rimi’s childhood friend and had watched her grow up this whole time, even though she is the princess of the country, she lived her whole life training alongside her brother the crown prince Rendoulf who is the Captain of the First Knight’s Order, but because she grew up thinking only about training and how to become stronger, she grew up being lacking the experience needed to judge people’s characters properly which is a skill any royal or noble needs, and that led to her being betrayed by one of her trusted knights, it was then that a young man with a white hair came down from the top of a tree and saved her life(Alice’s Life too…) and gave her Healing Potions which is known to be one of the most expensive things in this country, that encounter caused a feeling she had never felt before in all of her 17 years. The rigid yet beautiful princess who has nothing but training in her mind falling in love?! That’s sure to be very interesting! Is what Alice thought.

 

“Oh? Now that’s rare, Rimi-chan visiting me in my office, did you need something?”(Leona)

 

“Yes! This!”(Rimi)

 

“The list of Classes? What about it?”(Leona)

 

“The Teacher of the Actual Combat Class, could you tell me more about him”(Rimi)

 

“About Soma? Well, he is a mercenary I scouted him personally to be a teacher here in the Academy for one Academic Year…”(Leona)

 

“Where did you find him?”(Rimi)

 

“In Elk, I went there personally and asked him to come with me to Akud and he agreed”(Leona)

 

“Elk?!... C-Could you tell me what he looks like?”(Rimi)

 

“…He has white hair and blue eyes, he is quite young too, he should be around your age”(Leona)

 

“…It’s him…Okay! I’m going to join the Actual Combat Class alongside the History Class!!”(Rimi)

 

“What about the Knighthood Class? The teacher from that Class has sent you an invitation, remember?”(Alice)

 

“I don’t care about that! Soma is much more important!”(Rimi)

 

“Are you perhaps an acquaintance of his?”(Leona)

 

“…Ah! No No No! Nothing of the sort! At all! Absolutely!”(Rimi)

 

(This reaction……)(Leona)

 

Both Leona and Alice are grinning while looking at the slightly flustered Rimi, in Leona’s mind was the face of Marina who is like glue stuck to Soma, and in Alice’s mind was the many pranks she is going to play on Rimi.

 

(This is going to be interesting….)(Leona and Alice)

 

The start of Classes came and Rimi was able to confirm with her eyes that the Teacher of the Actual Combat Class was indeed the Soma she knew about and during the whole class, Rimi kept glancing at Soma from time to time, but for some reason each and every time she did that, she was met with a death glare from his assistant Marina which left her perplexed, and for Alice who could figure out the reason, she spent most of the Class trying to hold herself from laughing.

 

After the class ended, the Teacher, Soma left with his assistant Marina, and right after he left. David left the Classroom as if running away, and soon after that, Greed and his two knights left as well. The remaining students started exchanging their opinions about their teacher.

 

“What does everyone think about the Teacher?”(Zeek)

 

“He seemed to know a lot about what he is doing…”(Zac)

 

“This one is interested in his prowess to be honest”(Anolan)

 

“You are talking about his Completion Rate, right?”(The Four Brothers)

 

“How strong is he I wonder…”(Emma)

 

“The strongest of us in this Class should be you three, Rimi-sama, Alice-san, and Nad-kun, Right? What do you three think about him?”(Zac)

 

“You don’t need to address me with ‘sama’ we are all classmates, after all, all of you too, and about the Teacher, I think that he is extremely strong”(Rimi)

 

“…Stronger than you?”(Emma)

 

“He is strong to the point of even with all of my knights, we will be no match for him”(Rimi)

 

“Nad-kun what do you think? You are from Elk, and from what I heard, Elk’s warriors are among the strongest throughout the whole Kingdom because of the ‘Flood’, how do you compare him to the warriors of Elk?”(Zeek)

 

“Soma-san is strong beyond compression, is what I think”(Nad)

 

“Oh yeah! He seemed to know about you three, and that you do have combat experience, Rimi-san and Alice-san are understandable, but what about Nad-kun? Do you two know each other personally?”(The Four Brothers)

 

“Not personally, but I know about him from the ‘Flood’ this year, he was the one to kill the most monsters during the ‘Flood’”(Nad)

 

“Going through the ‘Flood’ every year must be hard on you all, and yet you keep standing back up time and time again, this one is impressed”(Anolan)

 

“it’s hard… or more like it was hard”(Nad)

 

“What do you mean?”(Emma)

 

“During this year’s ‘Flood’ we suffered no casualties at all and it’s all thanks to Soma-san, preparing for the ‘Flood’ he made hundreds of Healing Potions and Stamina-Mana Potions and handed them to all those fighting against the ‘Flood’…”(Nad)

 

“Healing Potions?! And hundreds of them! you must be joking, right?!”(Zac)

 

“Nad-san, you mean these, right?”(Rimi)

 

Rimi took bottles of Healing Potion and showed it to everyone, and asked Nad if he was talking about the same thing she had.

 

“Oh! You have one of them? Yes, these same Healing Potions!”(Nad)

 

“Rimi-chan, where did you get those?”(Emma)

 

“Roughly one month before the ‘Flood’ I went to Elk and gave most of my Knights to my brother who was in Elk to fight against the ‘Flood’, and on our way back, we were attacked by a group of bandits, and at the time there were only three of us, and the bandits were many. They used their advantage of numbers and almost killed us all, but suddenly Soma showed up out of nowhere and killed all of the bandits and then he gave us 10 bottles of Healing Potions to treat our injuries, and when I asked him about his name and destination he told me that his name is Soma and that he was headed to Elk…”(Rimi)

 

“For me, he appeared suddenly out of nowhere in Elk and registered with the Mercenary Guild and started doing hunting requests for Orcs, and he would even do tens of them per day. At the time the town was facing food shortage that’s why I remember my father, the Master of the Merchants Guild being happy because of the sudden increase of the amount of meat brought by the Mercenary Guild, and he started placing more and more requests, and they all were accepted and fulfilled perfectly solving the food shortage problem. Then suddenly the Mercenary Guild started selling those Healing Potions at a very cheap prices, and it didn’t take much time for a word to spread all over the town about who is behind the Healing Potions, and soon enough that person, Soma-san became the Head of the Alchemy Department of the Craftsmen Guild, and he was given a big mansion with a workshop in it”(Nad)

 

“…So he holds such a position in the town of Elk”(Rimi)

 

“Nad-kun! Have you seen him fight before?”(The Four Brothers)

 

“During the ‘Flood’ all of the combatants were divided into four groups, one group of mages and long-range fighters stationed on top of the town’s wall, and three groups of melee and mid-range fighters on the ground to intercept the monsters head-on, the Leaders of the three groups were Rendoulf-sama the Captain of the First Knight Order, the Master of the Craftsmen Guild Dolan, and lastly Soma-san. I myself was of Soma-san’s group, so I was able to watch him fight from a short distance, at the start of the battle, he unleashed a thunderstorm made out of Blue Lightning that struck all the monsters before even reaching the combatants, that Blue Lightning kept targeting the most dangerous of the Monsters killing them, and then he would cut down whole groups of monsters with each and every slash of his sword”(Nad)

 

“…It’s my first time hearing about someone fight with magic and sword at the same time… normally one would need to concentrate on his magic to keep it going, he must have exhausted himself greatly to reduce the number of monsters…”(Zeek)

 

“Absolutely not, I don’t know how he did it, but that Blue Lightning kept going for three days straight, and he himself kept fighting non-stop for those three days straight, and when he stopped he did because the Monsters stopped coming, during the fight, I saw him get bored of fighting continuously like that and would take a Book out of nowhere and would start reading it as he killed the monsters…”(Nad)

 

“…seriously?....”(Anolan)

 

“…I know it sounds like a lie, but it’s the truth. That’s why he is known as the Hero of Elk right now”(Nad)


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

 

37