Chapter 69: First Quarter (Day Seven)(Student’s POV)
1.4k 9 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



After the assembly, the students of the Actual Combat class went to the classroom and waited for the lecture to start, and during that time they started talking about David and why was he asked to go to the Teacher’s office.

 

“…David, what did Teacher want with you yesterday?”(Zac)

 

“It’s just that Teacher and the Headmaster are up to some mischief, and I’m going to be taking part in it…”(David)

 

“Mischief?...”(Nad)

 

“You seem to be having fun, David!”(Emma)

 

“Yeah!”(David)

 

“Care to tell us the full story?”(Alice)

 

“It’s just that the Knighthood teacher is opposed to Greed being failed, and he claimed that it would be a waste of his great talent to cast him away like that. Knowing Teacher’s personality, the Headmaster decided to provoke him, and she succeeded in doing that. That’s why the Knighthood teacher proposed a duel between himself and our Teacher and another duel between me and Greed, and both of us accepted the challenge…”(David)

 

“A duel with Soma-san? That will be something to see indeed!”(Nad)

 

“What do you mean by that?”(Zeek)

 

“…Teacher is someone who specializes in fighting multiple big monsters at the same time, I wonder how can one get close enough to him to land a hit?...”(Rimi)

 

“I was thinking about the same thing, he is used to fighting monsters that have a reach longer than his, and he is fast enough to evade the multiple attacks they launch at him so him easily evading long-range attacks and getting close to his opponent is to be expected, and that’s assuming that he is not going to use Magic”(Nad)

 

“Hmm… If I were to come with a strategy to fight against him, I would need people as fast as him to assign them the role of getting in his way to prevent him from casting his Magic. And other ones adept at mid-range attacks to coordinate with the fast group to try and land some hits on him from outside his reach, and with all of that, I can only hope to tire him out. Naturally, I have never seen him fight properly before, but from Nad’s story about him fighting an army of monsters for three days straight without any rest tells me that he has an absurd stamina. I also think that his MP and ATK are beyond me, and coming with a strategy targeting them is impossible for the me right now…”(Zac)

 

“Well, to be honest, I’m more interested in the new Library…”(Zeek)

 

“This one is greatly interested in it as well”(Anolan)

 

“And from what we know, the Head of the Alchemy Department in Elk is…”(Emma)

 

“Soma-san! I knew that he opened a Library and I went to read there a lot before coming to Akud, and I even bought some books, and they are in my dorm room right now”(Nad)

 

The students kept talking about what types of books can be found in the Library and before long the first bell sounded and then Soma arrived with the second one, and they all went to the hunting grounds and there Soma taught them some new things besides hunting the Red Sheep, and on their way back…

 

“Oi Oi Oi! You have taken a good care of us last time!? We are sure to kill you today-!”(Hunter)

 

A group of hunters ambushed them on their way back, it appears that they wanted to take revenge on Soma for the last time. But he broke their arms and legs after beating the crap out of them and just left them there writhing in pain and crying and returned to the Academy. After returning to the Academy, Soma went to the Magic Item Creation Class, and they all worked on the Magic Lamps as planned. Today’s results were better than yesterday’s, but the students still made a lot of mistakes, but nonetheless, they have improved as the number of wasted materials was less than yesterday, and after the class, they stayed to talk about Natural Magic and the people most excited about the whole thing were Ada and Oscar right after Bela.

 

After sunset, Soma made his way to the dorm alone, Marina had gone back before him to prepare for dinner, and on his way back he took a detour after glancing up at the sky.

 

“Ora!! Where is the money we told you to bring?!”(Student 1)

 

“B-B-But I-I told y-you that I d-don’t have any…”(Victim)

 

“Don’t go spouting excuses!! We told you to bring us money if you didn’t want us to break your skull in-!”(Student 2)

 

A group of five students was surrounding another younger student and threatening him, two were the ones who were doing the talking, and another two were hitting a metal pipe and a wooden sword on the balms of their hands as a way to intimidate the young student. From behind, another guy was looking at the whole thing smugly with a grin plastered across his face. One of the guys who are doing the talking suddenly got his sentence cut off by the unbearable pain that assaulted his crotch, he was kicked in the balls by the white-haired young man who appeared behind him out of nowhere.

 

“Wha-?! What the hell are you doing?!”(Student 2)

 

“We are gonna fuck you up for that!!”(Student 3)

 

“This guy is that Law Enforcement bastard!!”(Student 4)

 

“Hoh! So this kid is the Law Enforcer who started getting big-headed?! Be sure to teach him a lesson he doesn’t forget for the rest of his life! We will make sure that no shitty bastard is going to stand in our way!!”(Student 5)

 

The four students who are left standing all attacked Soma together, one guy with the metal pipe and the other three with foldable knives they pulled from their pockets. Soma lightly dodged the upcoming attacks and landed a heavy punch on each of their stomachs knocking the air out of their lungs along with whatever food was there in their stomachs, and when they were struggling for breath he went and kicked each one of them on the face knocking them out.

 

==========================================

 

At the meeting room in the Bennet Household mansion, a group of nobles is assembled there to check on the result of the plan they came up with. Their plan was to threaten the man named Soma with the fact they know that he used Illusion Magic and that if he refused to submit to them, they are going to inform the Love Church on him, and right now they are listening to the report of the servant they sent to deliver a letter to Soma.

 

“What was his reaction to the letter? He must have been overcome with fear hahahaha!”(Noble 2)

 

“….No, sir. He read through the letter with a mere raised eyebrow, and nothing more”(Butler)

 

“He wasn’t terrified? He wrote a response, didn’t he?! Give it to me!”(Jason)

 

“Here, sir”(Butler)

 

 

{You must be an idiot.

                               Soma}

 

That was all the response had written on it, reading that, the head of the Bennet Household Jason became red in the face and slammed his fists on the table with everything he got, surprising all of those around him.


Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

33