Chapter 75: First Quarter (Joined Class, Day Two)
1.6k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



On the morning of the second day, the students from both classes woke up to a pile of Giant Orcs and Dash Bisons. The number of monsters was not that big, there were only three Giant Orcs and one Dash Bison, but their big size made it look as if there was a big number of monsters piled together. From amongst the students, there were those that were surprised and started pouring Mana into their staffs, all of them were from the Magic Class.

 

“No need to be alerted! Those monsters tried to attack us by the time of the last night watch but since I was part of it, I took care of them!”(Soma)

 

“As you have seen, Soma along with the Actual Combat students are going to be taking care of our safety!”(Milin)

 

“The guys that took their staffs and readied them, your action was the right thing to do! Even if your safety is ensured, never underestimate the world outside the town! We are not invincible nor are we immortal, we could die because of a monster attack! So readying yourselves the way you did makes you better than those around you who just stood there looking dumbfounded! But that doesn't mean that the others are useless, it means that they can just start doing the same thing starting next time! And so those that readied their staffs are to be divided into two groups! One group go join Rimi’s group and the other one go join Zac’s group!”(Soma)

 

“What will the Actual Combat students do for today?”(Milin)

 

“Right, Rimi! Take Alice, David, Anolan, Taylor, and Bigge! And Zac! That leaves you with Nad, Emma, Walter, Nash, and Zeek! Take with you the guys from the Magic Class I assigned to you and go hunting for Giant Orcs and Dash Bisons! Each team target one type of the two and bring back at least two of them!”(Soma)

 

“And you from my class, you’ll be working on improving your Mana Control! Once you are done eating breakfast, come to the clearance over there, and I’ll tell you what to do!”(Milin)

 

“…Erm, what about me?”(Dalis)

 

“Go and join whichever group you want”(Soma)

 

After eating breakfast, the Actual Combat students went to the pile of monsters that Soma killed and started dissecting the monsters in a way that will not ruin the raw materials, their new team members were confused and asked them “What are you doing? Our task is to go hunt for monsters, you know…” and they got the answer “We have the whole day to accomplish our task, and that’s why we are going to spend the morning time stripping those monsters of materials and meat, and we will also use the time to learn as much as possible about their bodies looking for their weak points so that when we go hunt for them, we will be able to target those weak points to finish them as fast as we can”. And with that all of them started working together to examine the monsters’ bodies while stripping them of all the useful materials and meat, and on the other side of the camping area, the students of the Magic Class were confused as to why was the Actual Combat students cutting into the monsters’ bodies and stripping them of their hide, bones, horns, tusks, fangs, teeth, internal organs and meat.

 

Seeing that Milin was waiting for them, they ignored the Actual Combat students and went towards her after finishing their breakfast quickly. When they reached there they were welcomed by the uniform squares drawn on the ground. Some squares had sand piled on them, and others had water, and others had sandstone blocks, and others had normal stone blocks on them.

 

“As you see in front of you! Inside those squares are some types of materials! You’ll be spending your time trying to give those materials some form of change, and when you are able to do it, we will make them bigger for you to start again! The sand is to be turned into solid stone using Earth Attribute Mana alone; and the water is to be evaporated with Fire Attribute Mana; and the sandstone is to be ground into sand with Wind Attribute Mana; and the stone block to be broken into gravel with Water Attribute Mana! The sizes and amounts of the things inside the squares all need the same amount of Mana to change, so go choose your preferred Attribute, and start working! Once you are able to do it, we will provide you with a bigger amount to work on, and we will rank you based on the final amount you are able to do!”(Milin)

 

“Teacher! What is this man doing here?! Shouldn’t he be with his students? We refuse to have him among us since he is going to be in our way!”(Mira)

 

“Soma here will be helping me keep an eye on everyone here, as you see, your number is a bit big for me alone to keep an eye on you, that’s why he will be helping me! If you want to pass, you better go run after the other students and start working!”(Milin)

 

“Teacher?! B-But…”(Mira)

 

Milin ignored Mira and her group and went to look after the students who started working on their squares along with Soma. Seeing that nothing she says will change anything, Mira went to one of the squares that had water in them and started working on it and her followers followed after her glaring at Soma and Milin all the while. Soma and Milin kept an eye on the students as they worked on their squares, and they had prevented some of the students from cheating by using Magic instead of Mana alone, and most cheaters were from Mira’s followers, as they saw that almost everyone around them was better than them, they started trying to cheat in order to save face. This was the first time for them having to work hard on anything and train, and that made the other students who are always training and working hard better than them by a lot. Mira is known as one of the best Fire Magic users in the Academy, but right now she is in the last place when compared with other students, even those from her circle, and the reason for that is her reliance on her high-grade staff. She usually uses a Mithril staff that has the property of increasing Magic Output, but right now as she is not using Magic the staff is useless, and as she had never trained her Mana Control nor did she practice using her Magic, her raw skill at handling Mana was bad.

 

Seeing their Queen doing that bad, some students started accusing Milin and Soma of sitting her up and demanded that she is allowed to change places with one of the students who are doing good. Soma and Milin readily allowed that and that made no changes with the results. After that, they started trying to sabotage the students who were doing a good job at working on their squares, only for Soma to slap them across the face, and there Mira had to stop her followers before they brought any more shame to her.

 

The Actual Combat students came from their hunt only to find the Magic students laying on the ground exhausted and to seeing Soma and Milin carrying them to their tents, after they were done taking the students to their tents Soma and Milin called for the Actual Combat students and started helping them process the monsters they brought with them, and once they were done stripping the monsters from their materials and meat, Milin used Ice Magic to enclose the meat and internal organs they will not be using today in blocks of ice to keep them from going bad surprising everyone aside from Soma and Dalis.



Come and join my discord server!

https://discord.gg/FnxJnNd

2.12.0.0
29