Chapter 79: First Quarter (Last Week, Provocation)
1.3k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to all of my Patrons for your support:

-Leroy.

-Roy Nikkel.

-Dark.

-David Zimmerle.

-Vitrumist.

-Kyle Martin.

-Alex R.

-Vochel.

-Muhd Izrul.

-Antab.

-Michael Gaus.

-Ritsuka Morgan.

-Addanc.

-William Drennan.

-Josh turner.

-NaeoN.

 

This novel is 10 chapters ahead in Patreon, so be sure to become a Patron to get ahead in the story.


Everyone's support is much needed, so to anyone who might consider supporting me, please consider becoming a Patron or you can use the Donate function of this site.



In the Hoggs Household, after taking a bath and changing her clothes, Mira went to talk with her mother but once she entered the room her mother started freaking out upon seeing her daughter.

 

“-! Mira!! My Queen! Why are you looking this miserable?! What happened to you?!”(Mara)

 

Mira’s appearance was normal, her clothes, her makeup, everything was as she normally looked, the only thing that was different from normal was her expression. Her face was showing pure anger and hatred she has never shown before. And seeing that twisted face of her daughter has triggered Mara to the extreme. After calming down a bit, Mira went on explaining what happened on the camping trip to her mother, at first the mother was shocked but that shock changed slowly to anger and hate as Mira went on with her explanation.

 

“…To think that there was someone who dared to oppose us like that! This guy must have the death wish! And the Academy as well! They are actually helping him, it seems that it’s finally time for me to get serious at dealing with them! We have allowed them to do whatever they wanted so they could save face, but now they turned around to bite our hands! It’s time to teach them who are their masters are!”(Mara)

 

“Yeah, but I want you to leave the inside of the Academy to me, you go and deal with the outside! I’ll move the whole student body against them!”(Mira)

====================================================================================

After resting during the weekend, the students are back once again to the Academy for the last week of the First Quarter.

 

In the morning, Soma headed to the Actual Combat Class along with Marina, and on their way, Soma noticed that the Academy has some kind of strange atmosphere. Many students are avoiding eye contact with Soma and Marina. And there are those who were glaring at Soma as if looking at their parents’ killer, but most of the students are moving away from there and entering their classrooms as fast as they could, of course, Soma and Marina ignored all of that and went directly towards their class, but right then…

 

“How dare you just ignore us like that?! You need to be taught your place it seems!!”(Student)

 

One of the glaring students couldn’t stomach Soma ignoring them any longer and went on provoking him, but as expected Soma ignored him and kept going on his way towards the classroom, which caused the student to become angrier and went after Soma with a group of his friends.

 

“Oi! Don’t go ignoring me!! Don’t you hear me talking to you?! Oi! you bastard! Are you that scared to talk back to me?! Coward! I told you to not ignore me damn it!!-!”(Student)

 

The student finally snapped and tried to kick Soma from behind, but right then Soma’s hand caught his face and that stopped him.

 

“What an annoying brat you are, telling me not to ignore you? Then learn how to talk to others before that! Now go away, I have no time to waste on the likes of you!”(Soma)

 

Soma bushed the student with the hand holding his face and he fell down from that, at first the student was surprised that Soma actually bushed him, but that surprise changed into a dirty grin in no time as he looked at Soma.

 

“Oi! Oi! Don’t you know who I am?! I am the son of the biggest merchant in this town! We have connections with all the noble families in Akud! Even the stupid you know what it means to lay your hand on me!... but if kiss my foot and beg me for forgiveness I might think about it!”(Student)

 

“I see, so that’s what your background was, I understand”(Soma)

 

Soma crouched down, and everyone looking were divided between those who were surprised and those who were smiling at what was going on in front of them until…. Soma placed his hand on the student’s leg and *Snap* broke it.

 

“Ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! What are you doing?!”(Student)

 

“Shut up! I’m just showing you your place, that's all. Just because you are the son of some merchant you think that everyone will bow their heads for you? Fool! That might have worked on someone else but me, but you really need to go learn about your opponents more before trying to provoke them or this might happen”(Soma)

 

“Y-Y-You dare to attack me?! Don’t you know that I have the Hoggs behind me!! Don’t think tha-!”(Student)

 

“So you want more? Are you an M or what? Well it can’t be helped, it’s your right arm this time *Snap*”(Soma)

 

“Ghaaaaaaaa!! …….Y-Y-You…”(Student)

 

“No matter who is behind you, I don’t care. You could even be the Son of the king himself, but if you are going to break the rules or try to provoke or inconvenience people like just now be prepared to be punished. And by the way, you are suspended for this whole week starting this moment, if you remain on the Academy grounds for more than two hours you’ll be expelled”(Soma)

 

After that, Soma headed to the Classroom as he originally planned, and during the lecture, he gave the students an important announcement about another trip they will have to take.

 

At night, in the boys' side of the dorm, in front of Zac’s room stood a woman, three young men who appeared to be older than Zac plus a group of servants, and facing them was Zac himself.

 

“I told you time and time again I refuse to go back or to even call myself as someone from the Mist Household!”(Zac)

 

“No matter what you think you will obey my orders, as I am the head of the family you have no right but to obey my orders”(Mother)

 

“Mother…. Yes, you are the head of the Mist household, but I am not a Mist anymore! Do whatever you are able to do, that will never bring me back to your side!”(Zac)

 

“Oi Oi! It seems that our little brother has learned to talk back to those above him!”(Brother 1)

 

“Yeah, just how shameful one needs to get to be able to act like this! This brat needs to be reeducated!”(Brother 2)

 

“Oi! All of you surround him! We can just take him by force! He is but a single brat, there is nothing he could against all of you!!”(Brother 3)

 

“Hmm, I wonder about that”(Soma)

 

“…Te-Soma-san!”(Zac)

 

“Who are you brat?!”(Brother 3)

 

“I’m called Soma, I’m a teacher at this Academy as well as the Law Enforcer, and the boys' dorms are one of many places I have to Enforce the Laws in, in the Academy, and I believe that outsiders need to get permission from me or the Headmaster to enter this place. May I see your permission?”(Soma)

 

“Bullshit!! We are the Mist Household you know!! Stupid permissions are for commoners and lowlifes! They are not for the likes of us!!”(Brother 1)

 

“I see, so you guys are trespassers. Understand, I’ll move to eliminate you!”(Soma)

 

“Hah?! It seems that I’ll need to show you your place!!”(Brother 2)

 

One of the young men unsheathed his sword and dashed at Soma in one breath, but as he reached 3m away from Soma, his sword was cut into pieces and his body was blown onto the wall of Zac’s room, Soma then walked towards the guy he just knocked out and placed his sword in position to behead him.

 

“W-What the hell are you doing?!”(Brother 1)

 

“You… You called yourself Soma? do you understand what have you done just now? And just so you know I am the parent of Zac here, and I have the right to take him with me”(Mother)

 

“Of course, I was doing my job! Before you look at me surprised like that, you should go learn what it means to follow the rules. You might be a noble, but you must learn that it doesn’t matter if you are a noble or not when facing me! And I don’t care if you are a noble or not, if you try to harm me or those I care about, I will not hesitate to kill you, and as for Zac, he is already 19, and by the law of this kingdom, once you are 15 you are considered an adult, so as long as he doesn’t want to go with you, you can’t take him”(Soma)

 

“I understand, please don’t kill him, and we will leave quietly”(Mother)

 

Soma sheathed his sword and allowed them to leave without saying anything more, after Zac thanked him for the help, and he fixed the cracked wall before going back to his room.

26